Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno
asked by WinterMaple on July 8, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
The 20mm f/1.7 can collect more light than the 14-45. It's also sharper. The 14-45 is a 3x zoom. The 20mm f/1.7 is also much smaller, and the 14-45 is much larger. As you can see, it's a tradeoff. You might want both.

Personally I would choose the 20mm f/1.7, an ultra wide angle, and a telephoto, and just forget the 14-45, but that's me.
H. Yau answered on July 10, 2010
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
If the GF1 is your only camera, then the 14-45mm will be more useful because the zoom will allow you to frame your shots. If you use the GH1 as a travel camera or a party camera, then I'd recommend the 20mm b/c it's better for low light and better for portability.

BTW, you can use any micro 4/3rds lens on the GF1. You're not limited to the 20mm and the 14-45mm. You can also use pretty much any other lens on the GF1 with the appropriate adapter.
Noirist answered on November 2, 2010
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Definitely helps a lot! thank you!
WinterMaple answered on August 8, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product