Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClub17_gno
Customer Discussions > Mercy forum

disappointed and upset .... just venting (Contains spoiler)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 8, 2008, 1:39:41 PM PDT
missbrooklyn says:
What I want to talk about is not the main story line of this book, rather about this whole Cam/Mia/Allie's saga. I was very frustrated and couldnt wait to finish this book to see the outcome. Like another reviewer mentions how this book could have been 2 story line. I am very much a fan of Jodi's book but this is not one of her greatest books.

what i'm "disappointed and upset" about is how because at the very end Mia left Cam and that is why Cam stayed with Allie. Now, question... had Mia stayed, Cam would have divorced Allie...like he was planning to all along. B/c Mia left him, he stood with Allie. I'm sooo frustrated at Cam and ppl like him. Since Mia left, he stuck with his wife?!?!? So poor Allie would have been kicked to the curb if Mia had stayed then?!?! I just dont understand that!!!! its like he couldnt get what he really wanted (mia) so he stayed with the next best thing (allie)?!?!?!?!?! how could he throw away his relationship with his wife for Mia??? i dont want to hear all the garbage about how he LOVES mia...ohh please.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2009, 3:08:08 PM PST
boOkWorm says:
I haven't read the book but I am interested in this author. What do you think I should start with? I have no clue. She has a lot of books!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2009, 8:42:39 PM PST
missbrooklyn says:
ohhh MOST DEFINITELY "Nineteen Minutes". that book has got to be her very very best book ever! i can not say how good and moving that book is. its been months since i read it and that was the 2nd book i read of Jodi's. I finished all her books except the tenth circle as someone told me its not worth it. i actually read maybe the first chapter and stopped, usually i would want to finish a book once i started it but at that time i was eager to read her other books so i just stopped reading tenth circle.

the above book, "mercy"...i dont know, i didnt like it too much. her other good books are my sister's keeper, the pact, keeping faith, change of heart...actually i enjoyed almost all her books. some not so much as the others. i mean they were all good but i wouldnt give all a equal rating of course.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2009, 4:18:35 PM PST
boOkWorm says:
Thanks for the reply! I am intrigued. I usually stray away from books that make me cry, with realistic fiction (things that can actually happen to me)! I am a scaredy cat as they say, but none the less, I might try this one! I have heard it's wonderful. Thanx for the advice. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2009, 6:38:24 AM PDT
Beth says:
I would read the Tenth Circle or Change of Heart. THose are my favorites of hers.

Posted on Dec 8, 2010, 12:18:56 PM PST
I agree with the review of the book. I hated that Cam had stayed with Allie. I wanted Allie to go off on her own, and I bet she would have been better off. Cam should have just stayed by himself. He deserved it! There were parts in the book that I just wanted to hurt him, like really cause some damage.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Mercy forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Sep 8, 2008
Latest post:  Dec 8, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about
Mercy
Mercy by Jodi Picoult (Paperback - 2007)
3.7 out of 5 stars (500)