Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 27 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 20, 2013, 6:37:03 AM PST
I pre-ordered the 3 disc version of this film the second I got back from the theater. Unfortunately I just received an email from amazon telling me they won't be getting that product and cancelled my order. The two disc version isn't a substitute. I WANT the DVD as well. That it WHY I ordered it. May have to go somewhere else to get it.

Posted on Dec 20, 2013, 8:22:07 AM PST
I got the same e-mail. I wonder if the studio (or whoever) just decided to not even release a version with 3 discs. Maybe it's not a matter of Amazon not selling it but more about it no longer existing.

Posted on Dec 28, 2013, 11:00:32 AM PST
shimwood says:
I agree with Nathaniel that this was almost assuredly a decision made by Disney since they did the same thing with Oz: The Great and Powerful. I think their reasoning at the time was that consumers didn't like the excess waste that the all-in-one combo packs presented. I, on the other hand, love the 4/5-disc combo packs because it means I can loan out the discs to others or use the DVD with a laptop when I'm traveling. Maybe Disney will do like they eventually did with Oz and give buyers the choice to buy the missing disc for $5 after it's released.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2013, 6:02:33 PM PST
chuck70 says:
i didn't hear that disney gave people a choice to buy the missing disc for $5 after it's release............where or how did you know this? thanks

Posted on Dec 28, 2013, 7:17:11 PM PST
shimwood says:
If you have a Disney Movie Rewards account you'll get the option after you enter the Magic Code from your copy of Oz: The Great and Powerful. If you got the bluray/DVD/digital combo then you can get the 3D bluray, but I don't recall what the option was if you initially bought the 3D bluray; maybe just the 2D bluray? They may have also posted it on their website around the time the discs were released but I never checked.

Posted on Jan 6, 2014, 5:06:00 PM PST
Dan W. says:
Check on Amazon.ca They have a 3 disc still posted on there site

Posted on Jan 6, 2014, 5:38:28 PM PST
AIRBORNE6176 says:
Good find, but only w/: Language: English, Subtitles: French, Dubbed: French

Too bad there are no English subtitles... Jacked-up that the US release will NOT have a 3-disc set (that we know of so far...).

Posted on Jan 18, 2014, 7:05:35 PM PST
AIRBORNE6176 says:
Not sure how long this will be visible before its blocked, but here is a link for (hopefully) a 3-Disc set inlcuding the DVD: 

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Thor-The-Dark-World-3D-Blu-ray/59635/ 

Lets all hope for the best...

Posted on Jan 19, 2014, 1:03:02 AM PST
Checked Amazon.ca and the three-disc combo is still posted there, but the shipping charges are a bit too rich for my liking.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2014, 11:05:27 AM PST
If they want to drop the bloat, I'd think they would drop the 3D Blu-Ray. I know exactly 0 people that watch 3D Blu-Ray (and some even have the player/tv to do so).

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2014, 5:51:59 PM PST
Well, I guess posting on your post doesn't mean you know me, but...if they'd put the blu-ray extras on the 3D disk, that's the ONLY disk I'd get. I LOVE the 3D - that's what I'm paying for.

So - one person! ;)

Posted on Feb 17, 2014, 2:56:02 PM PST
Keith says:
Amazon.ca doesn't have Thor 2 with the 3 disk set anymore, only Thor 1 :( Guess I'll just have to settle for the Target edition....
The only reasons I would want the 3 disk edition is so when 3D prices finally go down, I'll have the disks to use in the future. The same thing happened when going from DVD to Blu Ray. Most people are willing to pay a little more to have the backup disks. I also want to see all of the special features, not just the ones that come on the DVD.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2014, 1:56:39 AM PST
GUSHandGO says:
I have a 3D TV and love the 3D Blu-rays. They look and sound great at home.

Posted on Feb 25, 2014, 6:53:01 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 25, 2014, 6:55:14 PM PST
a lot of hate for 3D in this thread. Me, I love 3D Blu-Rays so this release is just fine by me. I'm glad there's no wasteful DVD in this pack ...I'd never use it. Disney wised up and realized people with Blu-Rays are probably giving away the DVD version, selling it or loaning it out so friends could see the movie for free. If you want the DVD version then buy the DVD stand alone version.

Posted on Feb 25, 2014, 8:18:20 PM PST
Chris D. says:
Disney cancels the Blu-Ray/DVD combos for Thor 2 and promotes a 3D Blu-Ray/Standard Blu-Ray dual pack... and then they don't even bother to release Frozen on 3D in Blu-Ray, which everyone loved in that format.

I can't wait for when they release the original uncut Star Wars saga as a 3D Blu-Ray/Betamax combo in 2 years.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2014, 9:07:53 PM PST
I ordered the 3 disc version too, and wondered why I only received 2 disc version. I don't remember getting an email though. I'll have to check. At least I wasn't going coo-coo.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2014, 9:10:07 PM PST
Betamax? Old fashioned me, never heard of that. But Star Wars uncut in 3D sounds juicy.

Posted on Feb 26, 2014, 9:51:10 AM PST
Ryan says:
It's Marvel. They pull dumb things almost constantly, only now the movie crowd gets to see the things the comic one has for years.;)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2014, 10:16:29 AM PST
Hello, Ryan! I've been getting my comix out of the library for a while now, and that means I can pick and choose the good stuff 6-12 months after it's come out. What are some of the bonehead moves you're referring to? I'm just curious. Thanks!

Posted on Feb 26, 2014, 2:19:42 PM PST
A. J. Hess says:
Is everyone receiving theirs??? I preordered months ago and it still says 'hasn't shipped' in my orders. I've been pre-ordering movies on amazon for years and I've never had this problem. I usually receive the day it comes out. So frustrating! GUH, anyone else not receive theirs yet?? :(

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2014, 2:28:35 PM PST
Well, apparently mind was damaged in transit. So it was shipped but that particular package is not going to be delivered. Oh and I have Prime for whatever that information is worth. To be fair, if you've usually received things from Amazon the day it comes out I think the occasional inconvenience like this is okay.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2014, 2:29:43 PM PST
I just got a notice that mine had been delivered two hours ago (I'm at a cafe), but there was this weird path where they shipped it via UPS, but then gave it to the USPS. Wha? No idea why they did that. Confusing, and it was supposed to get here yesterday.

Posted on Mar 1, 2014, 7:25:31 AM PST
jlbjr says:
This is so crazy why no blue/ray dvd combo pack I always buy that as I only have one blue/ray player and multiple dvd players. And also what is with the short distribution every store I went to buy locally did not even have the movie?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2014, 9:12:35 PM PDT
Goliath2k says:
Yeah this was a very tough movie to find, I wound up just ordering it from Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2014, 1:07:35 AM PDT
Personally, I think it's a decision made by Disney to see how many sales would be made from the DvD AND Blu-Ray packs. Why sell a combo when you can get people to pay more for two boxes? If sales prove them right, expect more of this in the future.

That's my take anyway.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  20
Total posts:  27
Initial post:  Dec 20, 2013
Latest post:  Dec 17, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

This discussion is about