Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ryley Walker Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM
Customer Discussions > Gomorrah [Blu-ray] forum

discontinued by the manufacturer??

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 3, 2009 9:44:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 3, 2009 9:52:15 AM PST
E. Waters says:
just wondering why I am seeing so many releases, with release dates, that now say discontinued by the manufacturer? I really want to see Gomorrah but it says discontinued by the manufacturer. Does this mean it will not be released? Thanks for any onfo you might have.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2009 11:11:52 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 16, 2009 11:20:09 AM PDT
New Yorker Video, the U.S. DVD distributor for this film, went out of business a few weeks ago. Most of the New Yorker Video DVDs on the Amazon site now bear the "discontinued by the manufacturer" phrase. This may account for some of the "discontinued by the manufacturer" instances you reference.
I hope (and expect) that Gomorrah will eventually find another U.S. distributor/manufacturer.

Posted on Mar 16, 2009 12:33:11 PM PDT
E. Waters says:
Thanks very musch for the information. Too bad that happened...hopefully someone will pick up these titles for release.

Posted on Mar 22, 2009 7:38:37 PM PDT
G. Barnes says:
Anyone know if this Blu-ray is region-free or will play on a US Blu-ray player?

Posted on Mar 23, 2009 6:22:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 23, 2009 7:09:26 PM PDT
The only thing I'm sure about is that the Blu-rays I've seen on offer so far are not designed for the U.S. market. (Blu-ray.com shows the Region A version of this title as having no release date at this time.)
The offers I've seen here previously either didn't mention the region or mentioned "Region 2" -- terminology which seems to indicate that the disc on offer is a standard DVD, not a Blu-ray at all.
I've seen this title listed on international forums variouly as region-free (Italy) and locked (England), depending on the distributor (http://bluray.liesinc.net/php?region=b).
I personally am not taking the chance, having been burned before by thinking I could view Region 2 standard DVDs on my all-region player only to discover that my TV also has to be PAL-compatible.

Posted on Mar 24, 2009 1:40:51 PM PDT
G. Barnes says:
Thanks, already in use.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 5, 2009 9:44:34 AM PDT
G. Barnes says:
Thanks.

Posted on Aug 17, 2009 6:21:21 AM PDT
To all of you!! The U.S. release of Gomorrah is 18 August 2009. The reason you see different dates is because it has been release in differente countries on different dates.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2009 7:54:38 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 17, 2009 8:23:27 AM PDT
Criterion has announced that they are releasing Gomorrah on Blu-ray on Nov. 24 2009 (http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=3268). I haven't been able to find any announcement of a U.S. release in August (but thanks for your post, Marianna).
The Criterion announcement just came out, and the only place I see this title for sale right now is at Criterion itself, which has it on pre-order for $31.96 (http://www.criterion.com/films/1590).

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2009 8:39:15 AM PDT
Here is a link where you can find the release of Gomorrah, U.S. edition for 18 Aug 09. I have already received mine and whatched it. It is a great movies.
http://www.cduniverse.com/

Posted on Aug 17, 2009 8:50:58 AM PDT
E. Waters says:
thank you for the link but I can only find the DVD version of the film on that site, not the Blu Ray.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2009 9:23:08 AM PDT
Thank you very much for the information. I was not aware of this release. I see that this is a Region 1 standard DVD from Paradox Entertainment (Canada) in full frame format (1.33:1).
The later Criterion release I mentioned is for Blu-ray (Region A). They will also have a standard DVD release on the same day (Region 1), with both in widescreen format (2.35:1), which is close to the original theatrical format (2.39:1).

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2009 9:41:40 AM PDT
If you don't want to wait until November it's a good choice. I could not wait any longer. I had already read the book in English and Italian and I was waiting to see the movie since it came out in Italy, I had to get it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gomorrah [Blu-ray] forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Mar 3, 2009
Latest post:  Aug 17, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions