Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen
Customer Discussions > Goodnight Moon forum

distant grandchildren

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 7, 2008, 7:35:29 AM PST
I know one grandmother who purchases two copies of a paperback classic and sends one to her grandchild who lives in another state. Then she calls her on the phone and reads it to her. I thought that was such a great idea. Anyone have any other ways of sharing books with distant grandchildren?

Posted on May 13, 2009, 6:49:22 PM PDT
nonnawick says:
We use Skype and our webcams to keep in close contact with our grandchildren. Our four year old granddaughter has started getting on the computer and calling us~! Stories can be read over Skype and it's absolutely free!

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2009, 5:55:13 PM PDT
K. Kargbo says:
My mom came for a visit for a couple of weeks. While she was here, I pulled out about 20 great children's books and she read them onto a digital recorder, complete with a little beeper when she turned the page. My husband then burned the file to a CD and my son listened to the stories she read, while looking through the books and turning the pages at the right times. It was great because she could add in comments, just like when you're reading aloud in person!

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2009, 5:47:33 PM PDT
Skype, of course. Great idea. Is Skype a program you download?
Thanks. Travis Sherman

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2009, 7:13:42 PM PDT
nonnawick says:
Yup! Free, too. www.skype.com.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2011, 3:15:24 PM PDT
Hi, I'm an author with Guardian Angel Publishing. We do lots of ebooks. we're in partnership with a great company called "Be There Bedtime Stories." You read the book to your grandchildren and the pages turn on the computer. http://www.betherebedtimestories.com/
Check out my book: Sh Sh Sh Let the Baby Sleep.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Goodnight Moon forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Feb 7, 2008
Latest post:  Jun 4, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

This discussion is about
Goodnight Moon
Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown (Library Binding - 1975)
4.7 out of 5 stars (2,854)