Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: doTERRA Deep Blue Rub, 4 oz
Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

Size: 4 oz - 1 pack|Change

on December 25, 2013
I have been disabled since 2003, and had a lower back surgery.
Over the last few years my pain has gotten worse, but at the same time, I'm not a pain killer person.
I'm okay with taking Tylenol or Aspirin on the extremely bad days, to make a slight difference. Also on the extremely bad days, I use bengay or icy hot, or icy hot naturals to make movement easier.
I was given this as a Christmas gift and I'd like to say it works.
Also as one reviewer stated, this isn't 100% all natural, there are chemical compounds in it.
Keep in mind, it works, but that much better than Icy Hot naturals? Honestly probably does the job about the same, based on the price by performance and just comparing.
I can buy Icy Hot Naturals for around 6 dollars, that is the same size of Deep Blue.
For something 5 times more expensive? I expect much better results than "Works about the same."
If this was a completely 100% natural product, the price wouldn't bother me. However, it isn't.

If I was rich? I'd go with Deep Blue Rub.
However, because I am not rich, I just can't justify spending 31.00 on something, that will last me as long, as Icy Hot Naturals that works the same.
Lucky for me it was a gift. I was hoping I could use less when I applied it, over Icy Hot Naturals, so it would last much longer to justify the price. Not looking to be the case.

The oil itself, is a much better investment, since it lasts so much longer but it doesn't work as well (for me).
However, I'm also not someone who thinks these oils and doTERRA are a miracle in a bottle either. I know some who treat it as such, and it comes off as modern day, Snake Oil Salesmen, especially the classes they give talking about how the oils can replace all the medicine in your medicine cabinet.
Regardless, I think they can help, calm, energize, and to some degree even work in cases. I also think they are better for the body.
But the price seems steep to get into for the average person.
Still worth a try to check the oils out, and this product.
55 comments| 171 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 25, 2014
I use this rub religiously on my aching muscles and joints. It is an amazing product – goes on easy with a nice cooling sensation and immediate pain relief. I also have chronic joint pain and I recently started taking Flexadrene capsules which contain 24 premium ingredients to help lubricate joints and relieve joint pain  Thank you for these products and for what they have done for my health and quality of life!
on May 7, 2016
Doterra's Deep Blue Essential Oil cream/lotion is the best find I have made all year for helping with chronic pain. I am not kidding, this cream helps soothe nagging aches and pains in your joints, lower back pain due to slipped disks, pain from bruising or getting hurt, pain from tight muscles in the neck and shoulder area and more. This is a must have cream for anyone who suffers from chronic pain. I have recommended it to over a hundred people it is that good!
This cream is similar to icy hot, except it does not have any harsh chemicals and it does not cause pain or irritation to the skin. When you put it on at first it is cold, but then it gets warm and then cools and then warms and then cooks. The essential oils must have the perfect combination to take the pain away from achy joints and muscles. My joints in my hands hurt so bad. I rub this on my hands and within minutes the pain is manageable and I can move forward with my tasks for the day. I have also used it on my lower back where I have a slipped disk. During long car rides my back will hurt so bad and I rub some of this all over the lower back and I can tolerate more driving. I use t in my husband for his achy and right shoulder and neck muscles, which can also my mother in law uses for the same purpose. I have gifted this to fibromyalgia patients and it has helped them immensely and they were skeptical when I told them how much it would help. Now they are buying their own tunes.
Things to keep in mind when using this cream.
1. A little bit goes a long way. The cream is expensive and their is no need to use large amounts on one area when just a dime sized amount will nicely rub into each are and soothe and take away pain.
2. I hate to say this, but if you have an Amazon Prime account, it is less expensive to purchase the Deep Blue from this seller than it is to be a representative and get your 20% off discount. Shhh don't tell anyone I said that.
3. Always wash your hands after applying. If you are someone who rubs your eyes a lot be sure to wash hands, because it does not feel good if it gets into the eyes. If you do get it in he eyes. Flush them out with water and use a paper towel folded up with water on it and just rub it on the eye area.
3b. Another reason to wash your hands: If you go to the bathroom without washing your hands first and grab toilet paper to take care of business, believe it or not the oils get on the toilet paper and it will affect your area and you will have a nice surprise after wiping. :)
4. It is an expensive lotion, but if used in small quantities it will last a long time and you will not be disappointed in the results.
on May 29, 2012
First thing that has given my husband relief for his back pain and a little goes a long way. So glad we found this product.
on November 7, 2012
My wife swears by this stuff to sooth her neck pain when it comes on from arthritis. She said nothing works better. Be sure to have plastic gloves around though because if you put it on with your bare hands they will smell for quite a while. Wish it was a little less expensive.
on February 25, 2014
I have tried everything for the chronic pain in my arm that I have had for over two years. It started four months after a stroke. Deep blue is one of the very few things that gives some relief.
on September 18, 2012
If the effect of using the product lasted longer I would have given it a 5 star rating. I was also surprised when I read the ingredients.It lists numerous natural oils until the bottom of the list where it names synthetic compounds. Because of that I would not likely buy this product again. If I wanted something synthetic I would have paid a lot less for something sold OTC. Had I known there were synthetic additives I would have bought the pure oils to treat inflamation instead. I may try the pure oils later. I believe the oils are natural remedies that are safer for the body but they are not miracle cures. Service from Amazon was great.
33 comments| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 15, 2012
I'm new to essential oils and really enjoying the benefits of essential oils. I don't buy everything from DoTerra only special blends or ones i will be ingesting.This is a definitely must buy, i kid you not, no matter what it is that is hurting you put some of this on and it goes away in minutes. i used it for sore muscles and my mom uses it for arthritis and head aches.
on February 21, 2013
Hated spending the money, but loved that it worked as well as it did. Try it, you'll love it. Will keep buying it.
on February 2, 2014
Love it for all my aches and pain. My husband hurt his back and was in much discomfort. I rubbed it on his back for three nights in a row and his pain went away. So therapeutic!.