Workplace Solutions Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Presto! Laundry Stocking Stuffers Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Platinum artists Shop Now
does closed captions work?
asked by N. Putnam on December 16, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
I tried it and I couldn't get it to come up on the screen. I checked the blu-ray manual just to make sure I wasn't missing anything and I don't see anything for Closed caption on the player. I did turn on the CC on my tv and that is where I didn't get anything to come up. I have this hooked up to a Panasonic TV model TH-42PZ85U. I hope this helps...Good Luck
Shannon - Tucson answered on December 16, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Some TVs (and my Panasonic wide screen) don't support closed captions through the HDMI interface to a cable box. I've gotten closed captions from Netflix programs through the blu-ray player, check the options menu both from the source provider, player, and on your TV. I don't have this unit installed any longer so I can't go through the menus for you.
R. Allen answered on December 17, 2012
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes in both 2d and 3d movies. Closed caption choice is in the disc menu.
Steven Herdti answered on December 17, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It appears from an item on closed captioning on Amazon that it does not work when streaming from Amazon instant Video, which is a major problem for me. Did not know it when I purchased it.
Gardening Girl answered on March 15, 2014
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product