Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning movienight movienight movienight  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM
Customer Discussions > Wii MotionPlus forum

does it have a nunchuck slot?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 15, 2009, 4:55:36 AM PDT
guy says:
I can't tell from the pictures if Wii motionplus has a nunchuck slot. Anyone know?

Posted on Apr 15, 2009, 7:01:10 AM PDT
TimY says:
Yes, it does. It will have a pass-through slot for the nunchuck.

Posted on Apr 16, 2009, 10:20:37 AM PDT
Micah Reim says:
timtlm is right it has a nunchuck slot it is just a extention.

Posted on Apr 18, 2009, 6:35:57 AM PDT
does it really matter if u have this motionplus

Posted on Apr 19, 2009, 7:25:02 AM PDT
Bob Main says:
"does it really matter if u have this motionplus" - did you mean "does it matter if there is a pass through for the Nunchuk if you have the motionplus" or did you mean "does the motion plus matter"?
If the first, it does matter for those games that use the nunchuk, the motionplus doesn't do anything the nunchuk does.
If you meant the second, motion plus apparently matters a lot for those new games that will use it (such as Tiger Woods and Grand Slam Tennis), and not at all for past games or new games that won't use it.

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2009, 3:08:09 PM PDT
this thing is very important if you prefer accuracy in your games. This will allow the games to really know how you swing, you can develop real skills.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2009, 7:06:42 AM PDT
In theory, a great FPS can be had with a Wii Remote with MotionPlus and a Nunchuk. You can have the Nunchuk stick do you forward/back and strafe left/right, and the Nunchuk's move sensor to turn left right, and then use the Wii Remote with MotionPlus to aim your weapon. I can just imagine a very immersive sword/weapon based game with this, a Jedi game that has this ability, I would definitely buy!

Posted on Jun 7, 2009, 10:33:34 AM PDT
Wai Kiu Lee says:
This thing has a nunchuk slot, but the bigger issue why they didn't incorporate wireless nunchuk support. Just means thay'll come out w/ another adapter in christmas and charge $50.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2009, 11:10:48 PM PDT
SnakeDoc69 says:
Didn't Nyko already do that?
Wii Kama Wireless Controller (Colours May Vary)
Just plug their wireless nunchuk adapter into the Motion Plus and you should be good to go. But I get your point that again it's one more freakin' added expense

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2009, 9:32:01 AM PDT
S. Ashcraft says:
u can use your current wireless nunchuck adapter if u already have one for your original wii controller

Posted on Jul 14, 2009, 9:37:06 PM PDT
JKat says:
So does the nunchuck have motionplus capability when you plug it into a Wiimote with MotionPlus?

I noticed they don't have a boxing game in Wii Sports Resort, or apparently anything else that uses the nunchuck in any MotionPlus games. Is this because there's no improvement to the nunchuck?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2009, 12:09:13 PM PDT
M Lewis says:
Correct. There is no improvement to the nunchuk. and plugging the nunchuk into the motionplus will also have no effect.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Wii MotionPlus forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Apr 15, 2009
Latest post:  Jul 17, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about
Wii MotionPlus
Wii MotionPlus by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii)
4.4 out of 5 stars (651)