Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

does not work on my sony bd, freezes

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 18, 2013, 6:41:13 AM PDT
Joe says:
Okay, tried to sets of these, and now will have to return 2nd set too.
After the into, disks just freeze and won't continue. Anyone else have similar problem? I just have regular Sony BD player doesnt say needs software upgrade yet? Any ideas?

Posted on Jul 13, 2013, 3:36:20 PM PDT
Don F says:
It's not you Joe. I've had these for BRs for two years and have had no problems playing them in the past on my Sony BD player until recently. The discs now freeze after the CGI intro. There are several entries on other message boards concerning this and many people who have had no problems playing these BRs until updating their Sony firmware, after which the problem just started. I've even tries returning my BD player to factory specs but that doesn't help. Frustrating!!! No usefull feedback from Sony on this either.

Posted on Jul 3, 2014, 11:12:32 AM PDT
bookworm says:
I have issues with Samsung - to get around the problem, I found that hitting the "next" button right when they have the "Attention" start-up screen will make the disc jump to the menu screen. In other words, skip past the CGI intro and hopefully it will jump to the menu screen on the Sony as it does with Samsung.

Posted on Jul 10, 2014, 6:04:43 PM PDT
Okay I don't own this set but I can tell you from experience, any time you have serious problems playing a BD, it's *ALWAYS* the disc, not your player. I have exactly one BD in my entire library that won't play right--Prometheus. It was released highly flawed in 2012. I returned it for a different set (traded standard release for the collector's) and the replacement works fine. So, return them if they don't play right. It's the disc. Every time. End of story.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2014, 5:21:26 PM PST
C. D. says:
That's simply not guaranteed to be true on a system that updates its firmware. They can't check every single blu ray in existence with every firmware revision on every player. Sometimes it will be the disc, sometimes they mess something up. These are people who had discs that worked until an update. Not the same.

Posted on Feb 23, 2015, 3:58:46 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 11, 2015, 4:09:29 PM PDT
John says:
Very frustrating...I have a Sony Blu-Ray player. I've tried my second order of this BD set and, as with others, the disc "hangs" after the introduction.

What am I to do? I'm going to try for a third set of discs, but if that doesn't work, am I supposed to buy a new player everytime there is an issue?

Very frustrating...

Update - Received my 3rd set of discs today. No change. The playback hangs at the same spot. I'm no longer of the mindset that it is always the discs. By the way I have the Sony BDP-370.

Any recommendations out there for a Blu-Ray player upgrade?

Update #2 - I purchased a refurbished Samsung Blu-Ray player through Amazon Warehouse Deals for $40. The third set of discs I bought play fine. I hope Sony is reading...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  May 18, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 23, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

This discussion is about
Planet Of The Apes Legacy Collection Blu-ray
Planet Of The Apes Legacy Collection Blu-ray by Charlton Heston Roddy McDowall (Blu-ray - 2014)
4.7 out of 5 stars (938)