Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno
does this have a warranty from nikon
asked by jercy on October 5, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
Yes, It is under Warranty from Nikon.
Santosh Nair answered on October 7, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
As sold by Amazon, yes, it should. This item page is for the USA one. Be careful with third party sellers though. If it doesn't ship from Amazon, it's a gamble. The only way you can check is to call in your serial to Nikon and ask them, once you've received it. If it isn't legit USA stock, Amazon will help you get a refund, since the product wasn't as advertised.

For what it's worth, there was no indication on my outer box label, but the bag the manuals were in has a sticker labelled "US".
bodhisattvah answered on October 5, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
As far as I know it does. The warranty papers were not in the box, but I assume Nikon will honor it if I provide the copy of the invoice. I have found Nikon customer service not responsive to any inquiries. Good luck to you. The product is great! If something happens to mine you can be assured I am ready to buy another one.
Barrie Bracken answered on October 8, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes it does. It's not a gray market camera.
James A. Cupper answered on October 6, 2012
Comment (1) | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
All my Nikon lenses came with a 5-year warranty; I don't recall the camera warranty, although I'm certain there is/was one. To assure yourself, you can always email/call Nikon for a direct answer. If I were to do that, I would tell them where I plan on buying the camera.
Yvonne C answered on October 5, 2012
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes you do have a one year manufacturer warranty from Nikon and 5 years for the lens if you buy the lens. Amazon is an authorized dealer so they do honor the warranty.
C. Manly-Fields answered on October 5, 2012

A
Ok as soon I buy the camara I register... The camara has 1 1/2 year... when broke... I call Nikon and they say the camara is not under warranty, so I paid $236.00...+/- for the repair.... If they said that camera has extended warranty up to 2 years... with product registration.... Then I should call again Nikon why they charge me...????? I have all the paperworks... and I received e-mail sinse I register the camera... Greetings
TDelCoro answered on October 5, 2012

A
I'm not exactly sure but it should have the warranty. I did not buy mine from amazon just leaving an informative review
Rafael B answered on October 5, 2012

A
Yes, of course. All Nikon products are under automatic 1 year warranty. Cameras have an extended warranty up to 2 years with product registration on Nikon website and lenses have an extended warranty up to 5 years with product registration on Nikon website. All registrations must be submitted within 30 days of your purchase. See link below:

http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16192/~/nikon-warranty-and-product-registration
Matty answered on October 5, 2012

A
Nikon offers 1 year of warranty...I had quite bad luck with Nikon reliability (and their customer service is not great for us consumers, I hear it is better for the pro folks) so I would suggest you try to get some extended warranty, it might come in handy. Out if my three Nikon DSLR two failed, the D40 in the 11th month (covered in warranty) and the D7000 in the 20th month (so I had to pay to get it fixed). Alex
Alex Mitaru answered on October 5, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product