Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

I don't see the point in adding device after device after device

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 28, 2012, 8:44:06 PM PST
Why do people bother with Kindle?
Is there anything it can do that Android cannot?
Android phones are small devices which come in different sizes, yet have much more generic functionality than Kindle.
Even if there is not an App that can read files in Kindle format, surely someone could create one... I mean why have an extra device instead of trying to make an All-in-One device?

Posted on Mar 10, 2013, 5:15:00 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 10, 2013, 5:16:46 AM PDT
V. Polyglot says:
Hey, James,
You sell Android devices I gather? Why don't you try Kindle? It's for serious people who like reading books. And if you are too tired to read, Kindle will read the book to you, very convenient and highly functional. Your ridiculous Android can't even come close, it's a toy for 15 year olds, and it's not selling very well. You don't have to do the stupid "Apps Store" routine with Kindle and its battery lasts forever. Did I mention it's for reading books? It has a special ergonomically colored background instead of the stupid screaming colors... Eh, you won't understand, stick with your toy.

Posted on Jul 26, 2016, 5:33:18 PM PDT
I read books on the Kindle because there is no glare and its designed for reading books only. The Kindle Fire, which is an entertainment device for Amazon content, will read books back to you, but I prefer the Paperwhite, Voyage or Oasis that are designed for reading. You are right to say there is no reason point to buying numerous device. I use the iPhone Plus and Kindle.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Dec 28, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 26, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about