Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon toystl17_gno
dose bambo absorb juices from raw chicken and beef?
[UPDATED] asked by Irma Weiss on March 10, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 answers
A
Gman218 answered on March 12, 2013
Comment | 6 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I would say yes to some degree. However, I do notice these bambo boards dry rather quickly. That means rinsing the boards quickly after use prevents the depth of absorbing. I do agree I wish these boards larger. I use the largest one for meat as I don't want meat juice spreading and contaminating my table and other stuff on the table.
Adventure Mom answered on March 10, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
In studies conducted by Consumers Union, Bamboo and wooden boards resisted bacteria when washed with soap and warm water significantly better than the artificial products treated the same way. In fact some of the wooden boards became totally bacteria free after just 3 days of sitting after use and cleansing.
Kitewood answered on May 24, 2015
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I'm not sure if it absorbs it but bamboo doesn't house bacteria. Don't forget to check the dimensions. These cutting boards are a lot smaller than I thought. Can't fit too many pieces of chicken.
Ribbits mama Hawaii answered on March 10, 2013
Comment | 3 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Wood has its own anti-bacterial properties. Soap & hot water is all that is needed to be clean any wooden cutting board.
Avoid dishwashers & detergent pods which will dry out & crack wood. Also avoid using bleach, it's poisonous & spray bottles will aerosolize the bleach making it easier to inhale & the cutting board will have a shorter lifespan.
Sandman619 answered on November 15, 2015
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
One benefit of bambo boards is that the bacteria is gone after washing with soap and water. Plastic cutting boards need a trip through the dishwasher to get rid of the germs.
S. Wright answered on March 10, 2013
Comment | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Not that I have experienced. I do a lot of outdoor cooking, beef, chicken, pork and fish. I thoroughly clean my boards after every meal with hot soapy water. Twice a month I oil them down with food grade mineral oil (WalMart $1.98 for 8oz) the look brand new after every cleaning and never smell like the previous foods used on the bamboo boards. Hope that helps...
Oz answered on March 10, 2013

A
Not generally as grain is much tighter
T Keith answered on March 13, 2013

A
Not in my experience so far... I really like them and I hand wash them with hot water and Dawn dishwashing liquid. I really like them
Lore Arrington answered on March 10, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
In my experience with them so far I haven't noticed anything like that happening yet. I use hot water and dawn dishwashing liquid to clean and sanitize. I love them
Lore Arrington answered on March 10, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product