Enjoy fast, FREE delivery, exclusive deals and award-winning movies & TV shows with Prime
Try Prime and start saving today with Fast, FREE Delivery
Wednesday, June 7
Ships from: Amazon.com Sold by: Amazon.com
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
90% positive over last 12 months
Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.
+ $3.99 shipping
84% positive over last 12 months
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle for Web.
Using your mobile phone camera - scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Follow the Author
Modern Methods for Robust Regression (Quantitative Applications in the Social Sciences) 1st Edition
Purchase options and add-ons
Modern Methods for Robust Regression offers a brief but in-depth treatment of various methods for detecting and properly handling influential cases in regression analysis. This volume, geared toward both future and practicing social scientists, is unique in that it takes an applied approach and offers readers empirical examples to illustrate key concepts. It is ideal for readers who are interested in the issues related to outliers and influential cases.
- Defines key terms necessary to understanding the robustness of an estimator: Because they form the basis of robust regression techniques, the book also deals with various measures of location and scale.
- Addresses the robustness of validity and efficiency: After having described the robustness of validity for an estimator, the author discusses its efficiency.
- Focuses on the impact of outliers: The book compares the robustness of a wide variety of estimators that attempt to limit the influence of unusual observations.
- Gives an overview of some traditional techniques: Both formal statistical tests and graphical methods detect influential cases in the general linear model.
- Offers a Web appendix: This volume provides readers with the data and the R code for the examples used in the book.
This is an excellent text for intermediate and advanced Quantitative Methods and Statistics courses offered at the graduate level across the social sciences.
Learn more about "The Little Green Book" - QASS Series! Click Here
About the Author
- Publisher : SAGE Publications, Inc; 1st edition (September 6, 2007)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 128 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1412940729
- ISBN-13 : 978-1412940726
- Item Weight : 4.9 ounces
- Dimensions : 5.83 x 0.29 x 8.27 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #4,334,672 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #4,425 in Social Sciences Research
- #69,769 in Social Sciences (Books)
- Customer Reviews: