Saints Row 2 [Download]
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
About this item
- Over 40 story missions with additional bonus missions take place in a transformed Stilwater that is over 50% larger than before.
- Limitless Customization! Play as fully customizable characters that are male, female or something in between. Cribs, vehicles and even gangs all have customization options.
- Multiplayer and Co-op full story campaign has seamless integration (for example one player drives while the other shoots).
- Competitive multiplayer pushes the boundaries of immersion in a living Stillwater environment fully populated with police, innocent bystanders and rival gangs.
- Planes, helicopters, motorcycles, boats and cars can be piloted and used as weapons. On the ground new combat options include melee, fine aim, and human shield
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Saints Row 2 brings true freedom to open-world gaming. Players can play as who they want, how they want, and with whomever they want in this sequel to the much acclaimed and tremendously successful Saints Row. Set years after the original, the player finds himself in a Stilwater both familiar and strange and challenged with bringing the Saints back as the rightful kings of Stilwater and bringing vengeance to those who wronged him.
From the Manufacturer
A worthy successor to the open-world gameplay hit, Saints Row, Saints Row 2 features all new customization options, including player's: gender, age, voice, crib and gang. In addition, the sandbox just got larger with a totally transformed and expanded city of Stilwater, offering all new locations to explore with new vehicles, including motorcycles, boats, helicopters and planes. Saints Row 2 will be playable online in 2-player co-op through the entire singleplayer campaign or in the all new open-world competitive multiplayer mode never before seen in the genre.
Take back the streets of Stilwater
Welcome back to Stilwater
One of the new faces on the Row.
Customization down to the taunt.
Extreme posse creation.
Take the battle to the air.
Weapons that go bang.
Throw down some skin.
Five years have passed since your former Saints crew betrayed you. As you awake from a coma for the first time since that fateful day, you find the Stilwater you once ruled is in disarray. Unfamiliar gangs have laid claim to your territory, rival factions have taken over your rackets, and cash-hungry corporations have laid waste to your once proud 3rd Street home. Abandoned and left scarred with an unrecognizable face, you seek out a plastic surgeon to begin your new life on the streets. Yet some things never change in Stilwater.
Respect can only be earned and that requires a lifestyle that reflects your unique personality. Your crib, your crew, and your character define who you are on the streets and how you are perceived. The image you portray is as important as the decisions you make in a city ruled by false bravado and impulsive behavior. The only constant is the need for an identity that reflects your individuality. But style and image can only take you so far in a world where actions speak louder than words. Sometimes sending a message to your enemies requires heavy lifting, like that of a rival gang member into oncoming traffic. Respect in Stilwater needs to be taken, and what better way than to grab it from the hands of a gang full of enemies by means of a satchel charge, a flame-thrower or those minigun rounds you've been saving for a special occasion.
Meet Your Homies
But remember that the fight to reclaim Stilwater does not have to be waged alone. The Saints once ruled these streets as a crew of brothers, and their return to the top can help be secured through co-operative alliances. The time has finally come to seek revenge against your rivals to reestablish your crew as the rightful kings of Stilwater, but the streets are crawling with bangers. Check out the crews you'll run into and remember their faces and their ways:
3rd Street Saints
Once the kings of the city, the Saints have been forced out of their titular home of Saints Row by the Ultor Corporation, a giant conglomerate that gentrified the once poor neighborhood. Now operating out of an abandoned underground hotel, the Saints are looking to reclaim the glory that they lost several years ago. Ronin
One of the newest gangs instilling fear in Stilwater, the Ronin recruit from both the city's Asian population as well as among the immigrants. Their crimes involve peddling vice through gambling, prostitution, street-racing, and protection rackets, and their power has reached even into the boardroom of corporations like Ultor. Sons of Samedi
Influenced by Voodoo and a history of military corruption in Haiti, the Sons of Samedi are known for their potent combination of spiritualism and fearlessness. Members are attracted to the gang out of respect for their methods, through coercion or a desire for easy income generated through trade in their designer drug called "Loa Dust." Brotherhood
Formed from the cast-outs and dredges of Stilwater society, the Brotherhood is a solid force of strength and intimidation intent on revenging itself upon the police and city. Specializing in violent extortion, they forego subtlety and nuance and simply take what they want, all the while flashing their allegiance with piercings and tattoos, bright colors, and gas-guzzling trucks. Ultor Corporation
A ruthless corporate contender, the Ultor Corporation's gentrification of Saints Row created a new skyline for the city and a headquarters for their corporate office at the expense of the poor and the 3rd Street Saints. Now they're targeting another neighborhood, the Shivington projects, fueling gang wars and waiting for the prime moment to move in and reap the profits. Key Game Features:
- Freedom to Explore Through Open World Gameplay - Balancing story progression with all the time-wasting mayhem imaginable, Saints Row 2 contains more activities, diversions, races, cribs, city districts, and interiors than ever before.
- Extensive Mission Play - Over 40 story missions with additional bonus missions take place in a transformed Stilwater that is over 50% larger than before.
- Limitless Customization - Saints Row 2 allows you to customize everything connected to what you wear, drive and where you live as well as gives you access to countless character combinations from facial expression, body type, voice, taunts, gender to walking style. In addition, players can customize gangs various and extreme physical looks (some pretty crazy), fighting styles, gang taunts and tags and vehicle preferences.
- Improved Combat Functionality - In addition to the usual run, jump, punch, drive, stab, shoot model of combat, Saints Row 2 allows you to take human shields and exact finishing moves if you choose, but beware. How you commit crimes affects your notoriety, which determines the response of police.
- Expanded Multiplayer options - Along with a compelling singleplayer mode, enjoy a variety of multiplayer play options including:
- Strong Arm: A team-based multiplayer mode batching together prominent activities from the singleplayer campaign into one series of timed events, with the goal to earn the most cash as a team at the end of the events.
- Gangsta Brawl: A standard deathmatch mode with the single player with the most kills winning.
- Team Gangsta Brawl: A standard team deathmatch mode with the team with the most kills winning.
- Co-Op Mode: Full drop in/drop out coop support and ability to play through the full single player campaign with buddies and with the ability to set online co-op games to public, friends-only or invite-only status.
- Lots of Wieldable Weapons - Whether you talking chairs, parking meters, street signs, newspaper dispensers or your neighbor's garden gnome, use whatever is on hand to take out an enemy.
- An Explosive Weapon Arsenal - When a melee weapon just won't do, send a message to your enemies by dipping into an arsenal that includes: rocket launchers, shock-paddles, stun-guns, satchel-charges, mini-guns, uzis, automatic shotguns and flame-throwers; Some of which can be duel wielded.
- A Vehicle for Every Surface - Put the pedal to the metal in a large selection of cars, motorcycles, ATVs, planes, watercraft and helicopters.
- All New Music - Saints Row 2 will feature an entirely new soundtrack of songs and the ability to create a custom in-game radio station, accessible from any vehicle by building a playlist of songs purchased in-game, with in-game money.
Requires Steam Client to activate.
System RequirementsMinimum Specifications:Recommended Specifications: OS: XP and Vista Processor: 2.0 GHz Intel Dual-Core Pentium IV 3.2 GHz Intel Dual-Core Pentium IV RAM: 1 GB 2 GB Hard Drive: 5 GB Video Card: 7600 NVidia card or better, ATI X1300 card or better 8800 NVidia card or better, ATI HD3850 card or better
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Driving was a little challenging at first and never got as comfortable using a PC as the driving on GTA 4. As for the complaints about performance, it could be that when the game first came out in 2009, it was a little ahead of the hardware requirement curve which was problematic for some people. I am using an i7 quad core laptop with Windows 7 so I never experienced any problems with frame rates or delays of any kind, even when driving the fastest cars.
As I noted, it was probably as fun as GTA 4 but in different ways. I believe that if they get the graphics and physics improved for their next game due out this year, it'll be even better. I would highly recommend this game though, once you figure out how to deal with driving using a pc (I suspect its a lot easier when you use a console) due to the turn sensitivity (its hard to drive straight), the rest is a great bit of fun.
To add to the enjoyment of the game I installed the Gentlemen of the Row mod before I started my second run and that has reduced the frustration in some areas and added some fun in others.
If you can get it on sale don't pass it up.
With you in the role of the Boss of the 3rd Street Saints, SR2 is a more serious game than it's successor, more akin to the GTA series. The city of Stillwater is large, but not overwhelming, with each area of the city visually and thematically having it's own charms. The missions are fun, challenging and gritty with the storyline being half tongue-in-cheek, half emotional impacting and all the way engaging.
There's oodles of customization to be accomplished, from your character's physical features, clothes and walking style, to the cars and cribs at your disposal.
Combat is on the easy side, easily scoring headshots with pistols and instantly restoring your health with pre-bought food, until your threat meter goes way up and you're being constantly harassed by a rival gang or the police. Then it gets a tad ridiculous with the piles of enemies they throw at you.
However, this game oozes the feeling that it was made for console play (which it was). The driving controls for driving is lackluster and unresponsive at best, with the camera view and subtleties of control changing where you have a weapon equipped or not. Flying a plane or helicopter is an act in frustration, with the vehicles sudden veering out of control and turning my favorite vehicle to use (an assault helicopter) into my least favorite. Having played the GTA series on both PC and the xbox, where the controls where much more refined and intuitive, I can only wince at what happened here.
You get used to it after a while, and get settled down to enjoy the game, but those first couple of hours to adapt is really jarring.
I strong recommend this game, but if you're able to, get the console version.