- ASIN: B009CCVMM2
- Average Customer Review: 838 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,297 in Software (See Top 100 in Software) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
TurboTax Deluxe 2015 Federal + State Taxes + Fed Efile Tax Preparation Software - PC/MacDisc [Old Version] Windows 10 / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11Intuit$9.80
TurboTax Home & Business: For your personal & small business income taxes
From the Manufacturer
It’s Your Money. Keep More Of It with TurboTax.
Why spend more than you should to have someone else do your taxes for you? TurboTax puts the power in your hands to keep more of your hard-earned money, with the peace of mind of knowing you have experts in your corner every step of the way.
- Guides you step by step, asking plain-English questions that are easy to understand and answer.
- Customized to your situation: provides extra guidance for self-employment and small business deductions, so you know you'll get every penny you deserve.
- TurboTax is right there with expert help when you need it, so you won’t get stuck if you have a question.
- Double-checks your return every step of the way to help you get all of the deductions and credits you deserve.
- Scours your return to flag problem areas that might trigger an audit. If anything does come up, TurboTax tells you how to fix it. Plus, TurboTax's audit support tools give you access to step-by-step guidance on what to do if the IRS contacts you.
Everything You Need to Easily Do Your Personal and Business Taxes
- Customizes questions based on your business profile (sole-proprietor, consultant, 1099 contractor, and single-owner LLC) and gives you step-by-step guidance for entering income and expenses.
- Helps find all small business tax deductions and shows you which expenses you can deduct for your vehicle, supplies, utilities, home office expenses, and more.
- Walks you through industry-specific tax write-offs to help you spot commonly-overlooked deductions.
- Finds your biggest vehicle deduction by showing whether you'll get a bigger deduction using actual expenses or the standard mileage rate.
- Extra help for splitting vehicle expenses between business and personal use.
- Helps you prepare unlimited W-2 and 1099 forms for employees and contractors. Does all calculations and prints on plain paper with no special forms needed. Mac users must have Internet access to create W-2 and 1099 forms.
- Simplifies asset depreciation and helps you determine which depreciation method will get you your biggest deduction. TurboTax Home & Business + Federal + Efile + State includes all the great features of TurboTax Premier plus a download of one TurboTax State Product.
TurboTax Is in Your Corner
Tax experts when you need them
TurboTax's CPAs, EAs, and Tax Attorneys are here for you year-round so you can get expert answers to your questions and help when you need it, free (by phone or live chat1). Free online audit support tools provide you extra assistance, and Audit Defense services are available for purchase. The Audit Risk Meter checks your tax return for common audit triggers and shows whether your risk is high or low. It also provides tips to help you reduce your chance of an audit.
And, with free technical support, get answers to your software questions from a TurboTax expert via phone or live chat.
Guides you step-by-step
The TurboTax Q&A asks you questions that are easy to understand and answer, and puts your answers on the right tax forms for you. It automatically fills in W-2 and 1099 info from over 100,000 participating employers and financial institutions and automatically puts it in the right tax forms.
Plus, TurboTax transfers last year’s tax info, so no retyping is necessary. It fills in information from your previous year’s return to save time and increase accuracy. You can also import from other tax stores and software including TaxACT and H&R Block’s TaxCut.
Get back all the money you deserve
TurboTax is personalized to you based on your job, family, or life changes, and searches for over 350 deductions and credits to get you your biggest tax refund. TurboTax looks for deduction opportunities as you go and shows which deductions you have and haven't taken. It also tells you how to qualify for just about any deduction, so you don’t miss any opportunities to save.
ItsDeductible (included) helps you accurately value items you donate to charity. Plus, it tracks other donations such as cash, mileage, and stocks, to help you get every charitable deduction you’re entitled to.
Your taxes, done right
The TurboTax team of CPAs continuously updates the product with the latest tax laws to ensure it’s more up-to-date than any individual could be. TurboTax is so confident your return will be done right they guarantee it2. Plus, Smart Check will scan for mistakes and double-check your return for errors, so you can be confident your taxes are done right.
- TurboTax shows your tax refund in real time. Watch your refund add up as you complete your return. The Dual Refund Monitor constantly displays and updates both your federal and state refunds (or taxes due) as you complete your federal return.
- Plus, get your fastest refund possible (with efile and direct deposit).
- Free federal efile is included at no extra charge. If you’re a returning user, TurboTax will automatically transfer your efile information from your previous year’s return to save you even more time.
TurboTax Home & Business was designed to help you take full advantage of your personal and business deductions so you get your biggest tax refund possible.
Choose TurboTax Home & Business if any of the following apply to you:
- You are a sole proprietor, consultant, 1099 contractor, or single-owner LLC
- You receive income from a side job or self-employment
- You prepare W-2 and 1099-MISC forms for employees or contractors
- You file your personal and business taxes together
If you own an S Corp, partnership, C Corp, or multiple-owner LLC, choose TurboTax Business.
Which TurboTax is Right for You?
|Basic||Deluxe||Premier||Home & Business|
|EasyStep Interview walks you through your return, finds you every credit you deserve, and double checks for errors as you go||X||X||X||X|
|Easily imports prior year tax data from TurboTax and other tax software brands||X||X||X||X|
|Save time by importing financial data including W-2s, investment, and mortgage information, plus import from Quicken and QuickBooks||X||X||X||X|
|Get personalized answers from an expert by phone, chat, or online||X||X||X||X|
|Five Federal e-files - receive IRS confirmation; get your fastest refund possible||X||X||X||X|
|Maximize Your Deductions|
|Deduction Maximizer searches over 350 deductions and credits as you go to help make sure you get your maximum refund||X||X||X|
|Audit Risk Meter - helps you reduce your chance of an audit||X||X||X|
|ItsDeductible helps you accurately value charitable donated items||X||X||X|
|Expert advice provides insight into this year's outcome and recommendations to help you get an even bigger refund next year||X||X||X|
|Investments and Rental Property|
|Extra guidance for investment sales such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and employee stock plans||X||X|
|Cost Basis Lookup quickly tracks and calculates historical cost basis||X||X|
|Shows you how much opening an IRA now could save you on this year's taxes||X||X|
|Additional help for rental property income, expenses, and refinancing||X||X|
|Schedule C Businesses|
|Expanded Schedule C guidance to maximize home office, vehicle, and other business deductions||X|
|Simplified income and expense entry so you don't miss a thing||X|
|Create W-2 and 1099 forms for your employees and contractors||X|
|Walks you through what start-up costs new businesses can deduct||X|
Fastest refund with e-file and direct deposit; refund timeframes will vary. Cost includes tax preparation and printing of unlimited federal tax returns and free federal efile, of up to five federal tax returns. State Product not included in Basic but available for download. Additional fees apply for efiling state returns. State Efile fees do not apply to New York state returns. Prices subject to change without notice. Internet access required. Not for use by paid preparers.
1. Live tax advice service is free and available year-round by phone and online for questions on 2012 U.S. Federal and State tax returns (restrictions apply). Service, experience levels, hours of operation, and availability vary and are subject to restrictions and change without notice. (Tax Attorneys are not providing legal advice and are authorized under IRS Circ 230 to provide tax assistance and advice.)
2. If you pay an IRS or state penalty or interest because of a TurboTax calculation error, TurboTax will pay you the penalty and interest.
- For Mac: Intel-based Processor 64 -bit
- For PC: 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or faster processor
- Mac OS X v10.6.8 or later / Mac OS X v10.7.5 or later / Mac OS X v10.8.0 or later
- Windows XP Service Pack 3+ (32-bit) / Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit) / Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) / Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit) - administrative rights required
- For Mac: 1 GB of memory
- For PC: 512 MB of RAM (1 GB recommended)
- For Mac: 1024×768 screen resolution
- For PC: 800×600 screen resolution (1024×768 recommended)
Internet Connection Required
- 56 Kbps (Broadband connection recommended)
- 2X CD-ROM drive
Hard Disk Space
- For Mac: 360 MB
- For PC: 515 MB for TurboTax (plus up to 1.5 GB for Microsoft .NET 4 client if not already installed)
- Any Macintosh- or Windows-compatible inkjet or laser printer
Third Party Software
- Win: Microsoft .NET 4 (included with TurboTax Installer); Adobe Reader 8 or higher
Note: State preparation and printing is included in this version. State E-file is available at an additional charge.
Top customer reviews
1) My wife and I both called TurboTax hundreds of times, probably 120 - 130 times. Each conversation was about 40-45 minutes. Every single time you have to explain to each representative what happened. It is very frustrating because the case number that they give you after each call doesn't mean anything to them. When you reference your case number, they say "Oh I am sorry but I don't have any information in my system. Can you please tell me what are you calling for?".
2) We sent lots of emails to Intuit but they responded to only one of them saying that our case was closed and they did not give any reason in the email.
3)The IRS was the most helpful during this process and told us that there are lots of people just like us who have to pay because of an error that on TurboTax's part.
My personal advice to everyone is NEVER use TurboTax. They are great to deal with until you purchase their product.
The Requirements are not made clear.
Your Mac needs 2 things or TurboTax will not run. This applies to ALL versions of TurboTax for Mac (tax year 2012). It does not matter if you get the CD or if you buy the download. The H&B version or the regular version. It is still the exact same TWO requirements.
1) Must have OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard or higher.
2) Must have an intel Core2 Duo or better. An Intel Core Duo will not work!!! It has got to be the Intel Core 2 Duo or better.
You can find out both of these by pulling your Apple menu to "About this Mac" and it will show you both.
If your Mac is 2010 or newer you are probably ok, and some as old as 2006 may work if they have OS X 10.6.8 or higher and the intel core 2 duo. An intel i5 or i7 chip is ok too. But do check first before buying. I think Intuit was sort of harsh in cutting off a lot of older Macs that are still in daily use running OSX Tiger, Leopard & Snow Leopard. I'm hearing a lot of reports from people who have a Mac running Snow Leopard on a Core Duo and TT won't launch. TurboTax 2011 worked just fine on older Macs.
On to the TurboTax Review:
I've used TurboTax Home And Business annually for years & years. It does a better job than my CPA did when I used to hire one for $400 a go. You'll do better sitting with TurboTax and going through the interview. It will prompt you to dig up some receipts you didn't realize were important. So you'll have more write offs, and do a better job with your taxes.
Over time, you will get to know what is important to keep track of during the year, and that will turn out to be another reason that your taxes will be done better... More accurate and cheaper for you. I love how TT can import the tax file from last year which gives you a huge head start. Huge.
The Home and Business version includes Schedule C, and all the tax forms I've ever needed to run a business. Your choice of 1 state is included. You can eFile, but why make it easier for the IRS to audit you? Considering the possible tax savings possible by doing it right & taking advantage of the tax rules, the H&B version is worth the extra bucks over the regular TT personal version. The H&B version can do everything the regular TurboTax can do, so you don't give up anything, just gain the Business extras.
Pro Tip: Print your taxes on paper & mail it in rather than e-file. I hear that this make it less likely your data will be searchable by the IRS, and therefore less likely to be selected for random audit. Can't say for sure, and the facts may change, but that's what I hear.
Recommended. Works. Useful & Easy. As easy as taxes can be anyway.
I personally advise *against* subscribing to Intuit's annual plan. Buying TurboTax via Amazon is cheaper & better. Less trouble, and you get to see the computer requirements in advance.
Buying the software *download* is cheaper because they do not charge sales tax on the download. Amazon can charge sales tax on the CD. However, the CD includes both Mac & PC versions. The Download does not. This TurboTax Home & Business includes a license to use for up to 5 different Tax returns for family members, and you can install on multiple computers if you want.
The ONLY 2 places that I know are authorized to sell TurboTax as a digital download are Intuit & Amazon.com If you see TT for sale elsewhere as a download - it is a pirated copy. Never pay pirates, you don't know what else they will do with your credit card & billing info, and you don't know if they altered the software to steal your data, and you don't want to enrich no-account pirates. It is better to pay the software manufacturer for their work, and better for you not to get ripped off. Ok?
TurboTax Home & Business has been my go-to tax prep software for many years, and if they continue to do a good job with it, I will continue to buy it for years to come.