Tom Clancy's The Division (Xbox One)
Enhance your purchase
- Online Connection Required. Black Friday - a devastating pandemic sweeps through New York City, and one by one, basic services fail. In only days, without food or water, society collapses into chaos.
- The Division, an autonomous unit of tactical agents, is activated. Leading seemingly ordinary lives among us, these agents are trained to operate independently in order to save society. When society falls, we rise.
- Harness state-of-the-art technologyas a member of The Division. Customise your character and your backpack, communicate with other agents at all times with your smartwatch. Loot fallen enemies and customise and level up your weapons, gear, and skills.
- Choose and upgrade your skills, and synergize with your teammates to increase your chances of winning in combat.
- Enter the Dark Zone, a walled-off quarantine zone in the middle of Manhattan where the most valuable loot was left behind when the military evacuated. It’s your choice to collaborate with other agents, or attack them and steal their loot.
There is a newer version of this item:
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
A devastating pandemic sweeps through New York City, and one by one, basic services fail. In only days, without food or water, society collapses into chaos. The Division, a classified unit of self-supported tactical agents, is activated. Leading seemingly ordinary lives among us, Division agents are trained to operate independently in order to save society. When society falls, your mission begins.
Top reviews from other countries
But that would be a shame because you don't need to stress out too much early on about what to do with everything. Just keep your gear up to date as you "loot" various backpacks and bosses. Some missions take a few runs (some quite a few runs). It becomes apparent this isn't a "spray and pray" game. You need to be in cover most, if not all, of the time, and be monitoring the minimap to keep an eye on the bad guys locations.
A lot of people berate Ubisoft. Personally I've found their games to be well maintained, long into their lifespan. They're still pushing out updates 2 years after release. They've given focus to end game content so that players can just keep on playing.
So in summary, if you like a game with a decent story, and have some time to invest in a full third-party-shooter experience, you'd do well to give this game some of your time.
One word of warning though, it's a modern 3rd person perspective RPG style 'shooter', it's not a call of duty style FPS game. In other words, you shoot level based bad guys and numbers fall out of them until they fall over. Imagine Destiny set in NY.
- well designed city with some excellent graphical touches
- good blend of heavy combat and tactical gameplay
- dark zone is lots of fun when you get to a good enough level
- decent number of ways to customise how you play
- plying online with friends can be great fun with a little bit of organisation
- can be on occasion a little buggy
- sometimes feels like s bit of a grind (unless you're playing with friends)
- story takes a backseat to gameplay