What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the manufacturer
360fly designs and creates 360° cameras, technologies and applications that inspire people to capture, share and experience their lives in fully immersive, interactive 360° video. Our passion and unrelenting pursuit of innovation have led us to redefine what is possible in video, virtual reality and visual storytelling.
360fly – The 360° Video Innovators
Misses Nothing, Changes Everything
The 360fly 4K combines a powerful 16-megapixel image sensor with innovative smart camera features—First-Person POV, Triggered Recording Modes, Time-Lapse Mode and more—that redefine what an action camera is and does.
Dustproof, shockproof and water resistant to 1M (3 feet), the rugged 360fly 4K comes complete with 64 GB of internal memory and built-in telemetry sensors, including an e-compass, gyroscope and non-assisted GPS for performance tracking, adding ride or race data to videos, and connecting with other smart devices.
- Shoots in full 360° and First-Person POV video
- Edit, add effects to and share videos in just minutes
- Dustproof, shockproof, and water resistant
Features and Benefits
360° to First-Person POV Recording
Goes from recording in full 360° mode to POV mode and back with ease.
High Resolution Camera
Powerful 16-megapixel image sensor capturing a 2880 x 2880-pixel resolution.
Social Media Connectivity
Edit, add effects to and share 360° video, 360° stills and POV video directly from your iPhone and Android smartphone.
Virtual Reality Ready
360fly 4K footage transforms into mobile VR experiences with the push of a button.
Shine Mobile VR Headset
Transforms your 360fly footage–vacations, sports, family events–into virtual reality experiences.
360fly 4K Suction Mount
Offers nearly endless mounting possibilities and holds tight at 100mph+.
360fly 4K Tripod Grip
Go from the freedom of handheld shots to the stability of tripod shots in an instant.
4K Vented Helmet Mount
Stay cool and capture all the action from atop your favorite vented helmets.
360fly Mobile and Desktop Director Apps
The innovative 360fly mobile app turns your smartphone into your camera's viewfinder, controller, editing suite and lets you share your 360° video, 360° stills and POV video directly from your iPhone and Android smartphone to social media, including Facebook and YouTube. Compatible with most iPhones, iPads, and Android devices.
Desktop Director App
The desktop Director features many of the same innovative tools as the mobile app, and lets you use your home computer to edit, add effects to, and share your 360° videos. Supported Operating Systems - Windows 7* and above, Mac OS X 10.8 and above.
Benefits of Mobile & Desktop Apps
- Mobile phone becomes your camera’s viewfinder, controller and editor
- Export 360° videos directly to YouTube and Facebook
- Compatible with most iPhone and Android devices
- Supported Operating Systems - Windows 7* and above, Mac OS X 10.8 and above
360fly 4K - The world’s smartest 360-degree video camera. 360fly 4K combines powerful sensors and features - accelerometer, GPS, ecompass and smart device integration - with a 2880 x 2880 pixel resolution to redefine what a camera is and does. Captures interactive 360-degree video, First-Person POV and stills you can edit, add effects to, and share directly from your iPhone and Android smartphone. Compatible with most iPhone / iPad devices running iOS 9 or later and Android devices running version 4.4 or later including the Samsung S6, Samsung Galaxy Note and LG Nexus 5 Accessories available for purchase: 360fly VR - Smartphone Compatible Virtual Reality Headset 360fly 4K ¼-20 Suction Mount - High-Speed Suction Mount 360fly 4K ¼-20 Vented Helmet Mount - Secure Mount 360fly 4K ¼-20 Handlebar Mount - Versatile Mount 360fly ¼-20 Tripod Grip - Rubber Injected Grip Handle 360fly QuickTwist to ¼-20 Adapter - Versatile Connection 360fly 4K Action Camera Adapter Bundle - Mount Kit for 3-prong mounts (as used by GoPro)
Top customer reviews
With VR (Virtual Reality) getting popular lately this camera will excite those that are looking to create their own VR movies.
- no stitching of images thus no seams or strange missing parts like competitors
- waterproof so no need to buy separate housing
- compatible with GoPro mounts and other accessories so if you already own them you can use them with this without extra cost
- standard tripod socket so if all you have is that can use that instead
- is very tiny so can record everything around you without attracting much attention
- feels rugged and tough and has taken quite a bit of abuse and shock without breaking
- can still be used without smartphone or another remote device but will be limited in controlling it
- can double as a POV camera instead of 360 if you want
- can control exposure, speed, color, brightness and various other features of camera using smartphone or tablet using 360Fly app
- would be great for instructional video like teaching how to fly or drive since you can see everything that is going on in the cockpit.
- battery seems to go quick and no way to add extra battery
- no SD Card slot so no way to expand storage space
- image quality poor unless there’s lots of light and even then there is quite a bit of purple fringing apparent
- software quite buggy especially considering there was an HD version of this camera out for a while now. Had the app crash several times and the desktop software seems to be even more prone to crashing. Need to use 360Fly app for camera to be useful. Website even says some software features not ready and are continuously being improved so makes some aspects feel half finished.
- no LCD or other way to easily change settings without a smartphone or tablet. Also only works with certain phones and tablets listed on website.
- only one livestream option. Incompatible with the most popular options. Then again don't think any of the other options support live 360 video streaming
- a bit on the expensive side
- only 4K camera as in 4K pixels total at maximum resolution of 2880 x2880
- takes some getting used to figuring out mount point. Should I record upside down? from top of head? from chest? It all depends on if you want your face/body in shot or not
This is definitely a 360 camera because it records everything around you from the front of your face to the back of your head. There is a gap at the bottom center where the camera is of course though. This actually makes it challenging to shoot without getting your hand or other parts of your body in it. Fortunately, you can use the 360 Fly app to move a distance away to get yourself out of the shot. I found the video and pictures it too to be pretty interesting and unique. Quality seems to be comparable with other 360 cameras available. Most people probably won’t notice the chromatic aberration from using such a wide angle but if you are used to using a high resolution DSLR you probably will. The most annoying parts of the camera I found was having to disable the Wi-Fi on your device to connect to it to control it, which is necessary to use the time-lapse and POV features. The process was slow and awkward. Also, the process of getting the video and pictures from the camera to PC was a bit cumbersome.
So although quality is not as good as I would expect for a 4K camera, after seeing video on YouTube of all other 360 cameras I think 360Fly is best for action. Waterproof and pretty rugged compared to others, works with iOS and Android phones, and most important you don't get funky stitching artifacts. I didn't think last point was such a big deal until I started watching a lot of 360 YouTube videos and it's a lot more jarring and annoying than I expected! Seeing phantom limbs, missing body parts and people's faces cut in half due to camera/software not being able to seamlessly blend the 2 camera video into 1 big 360 panorama ruins the experience completely. Instead of making you feel or giving you that I am there in person feeling I'm spending time trying to figure out what I"m looking at like putting a jigsaw puzzle together! I'd rather put up with the 360Fly not as great picture/video quality which is actually good enough for most people. Also, it's a bit tricky trying to figure out where you want to mount it because that makes a big difference if your face, body, etc will end up in the shot. For example, mounting it upside on drone is perfect because you will see everything but drone. I also seen mounted upside down on roof of an airplane and car which is perfect, since it gets everything going on inside plane, car, etc.. On top of surfboard would also be another great spot since you will get everything going on around surfer and surfer themselves on top of board. Now if you don't want to be in shot yourself you'd have to mount it on top of your head pointing straight up to cut yourself out which is kind of awkward. So basically, if you don't want your face to show in your video it will take some work. Actually, that's why they are coming out with some custom helmets that let you mount the camera right on the top center which makes sense. Anyways, if you are trying to upgrade your GoPro experience to the next level I'd give this 5 stars for all the future potential it holds for more immersive video than you can already make. For the average user that don't know what to make of it or all the new possibilities it opens up it'll rate a lot lower so giving it 3 stars.
So if you are looking to get cutting edge and unique footage to use with virtual reality this will be a lot more compelling buy than someone that’s going to use it for the occasional parties or other random times you want to make sure to capture everything that is going on around you.
Do not think that you'll be videoing a wedding, which is what I bought the camera for, WAY too long.
By the time I was able to figure all this out, download the video's to my computer, in the hopes I could split the videos, upload them and then view them the way they were intended, I was too late to return it. For $500 I would expect a little bit better overall product.
The resolution is very good and the microphone has a good recording but I've had several issues.
1) When the memory gets full I need to download it to my PC so that I can continue recording (Update 06-19-17). The latest update solved problems and it's nice to have the option to connect to the PC for continuous recording without having to download the videos every time the memory in the camera gets full.
2) The camera used to stop recording randomly but the latest update fixed that (Updated 06-19-17)
3) Whenever I download the videos to the computer I have to rename the files every time because the automatic names reset every time so I had to create 1 folder every time I would download the videos and later on and then rename them by date and sequence. LOT'S OF EXTRA WORK!
4) It took me forever to install the update because I was not logged into the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi at the same time so make sure you do that before running the update (Updated 06-19-17)
I would like to request some enhancements:
1) Make the file names to be automatic by date and time to keep files sequentially organize avoiding any issues with same file name.
2) Have the camera BEEP LOUD whenever it stops recording so it I can then take action depending on what's going on so I don't miss important footage.
Most recent customer reviews
Other than that the camera is aweful....loses connection with wifi etc.Read more
- Set-up and syncing of the camera is...Read more