Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
- Windows 10 Home operating system
- 8GB memory
- 256GB solid-state drive
- Intel Core i7 processor
- 15.6 inches screen
- Up to 6 hours of battery life
- 4.75 pounds
HP Notebook 15-ay018nr
Empowered to do more
Tackle all your daily tasks with an affordable laptop that comes packed with the features you need.
- With the latest Intel processors and plenty of storage space, you can work, play, multitask, and store more of what matters to you. Get reliable power and storage you can trust.
- The crisp HD screen lets you enjoy your photos, videos, and web pages in detail. With Full HD, get even more out of your display.
- Life can be unpredictable, but your HP laptop shouldn’t be. So whether it’s last-minute projects or spontaneous movie nights, enjoy outstanding performance.
This product has
- Dependable performance: With the latest Intel processors and plenty of storage space, you can multitask and store more.
- Vibrant display: The crisp Full HD screen lets you enjoy your photos, videos, and web pages in detail.
- Measurable quality: Enjoy outstanding performance backed by over 200 tests.
- Amazing graphics: Enjoy movies, gaming and more with Intel Graphics.
- Surrounded by exceptional audio: DTS Studio Sound provides an immersive listening experience for music, videos, and games.
- Advanced HD camera: Capture all the details with vibrant clarity, even in low light.
- Re-writable DVD drive: Watch DVD movies. Or write your own media.
- Snapfish: Enjoy your photos with access from any device, all in one place.
- Solid-state drive: Load your apps fast with a quick and efficient solid-state drive.
- HP Support Assistant: Makes it easier than ever to get help for your PC whenever you need it.
- Operating system: Windows 10 Home.
- Memory: 8 GB DDR3L SDRAM (1 DIMM).
- Storage: 256 GB M.2 solid-state drive.
- Processor: 6th generation Intel Core i7-6500U Processor, Dual-Core (2.5GHz with turbo boost up to 3.1GHz, 4MB L3 Cache).
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 520 with up to 4168 MB total graphics memory.
- Display: 15.6 inches diagonal Full HD IPS UWVA BrightView WLED-backlit (1920 x 1080).
- Battery life: Up to 6 hours.
- Weight: 4.75 pounds.
- Dimensions: 15.12 inches w x 10.02 inches d x 0.95 inches h.
- Wireless: 1x1 802.11ac WLAN and Bluetooth.
- Product color: Textured linear grooves with horizontal brushing in turbo silver.
Intel, Pentium, Intel Core, Celeron, Intel logo and the Intel Inside logo are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
Actual products may vary from images shown.
|Dependable performance: Get reliable power and storage you can trust||✓||✓||✓|
|Vibrant display: Crisp HD screen lets you enjoy your photos, videos, and web pages in detail||14.0 inches diagonal||15.6 inches diagonal||17.3 inches diagonal|
|Responsive touch: Easily control your notebook with a responsive touchscreen||Select models only||Select models only|
|Measurable quality: Enjoy outstanding performance backed by over 200 tests||✓||✓||✓|
|DTS Studio Sound: Provides an immersive listening experience for music, videos, and games||✓||✓||✓|
|Advanced HD camera: Capture all the details with vibrant clarity, even in low light||✓||✓||✓|
|Re-writable DVD drive: Watch DVD movies. Or write your own media.||✓||✓|
|Numeric keypad: Pay bills and balance budgets easily||✓||✓|
Empowered to do more. Tackle all your daily tasks with an affordable laptop that comes packed with the features you need.
Top Customer Reviews
Nice mobile CPU with the dual core i7-6500U: Passmark is 4652.
SSD is, of course, very responisve, and at 256GB is a good size if files can be stored off board.
Screen looks good as expected, a glossy surface (pros and cons here), max brightness seems limited but OK for indoors.
Integrated Intel HD 520 graphics is mediocre in 3D speed - Not for gaming but this approach reduces internal heat and power consumption and likely allows the inclusion of an optical drive.
Has optical drive - mixed feelings about this but if this is a multi-media machine and it fits into the 15" frame, why not be complete?
Screen lid is flimsy but likely a result of the price range machine. A business grade machine would be much more money for sure.
Weight and thickness are OK; under 5 lbs. No heat issue detected.
Keyboard is non back-lit and feels quite good. F and J keys have little bumps to find home row.
Setup was easy: Removed some bloatware, turn off much of Windows 10 data collection and installed Chrome browser. Streams video nicely.
-Ok battery life
-Feels very flimsy
-You have to tap pretty hard on the track pad to make it register
-The bluetooth is horrendous (could have been the MX Master mouse though, who knows)
-The case is scratched by just about anything. Breathe too hard on it and it's gonna probably have a new scratch.
-If you plug anything into it, make sure you are ok with letting it become permanently attached.
Overall I'd say if you are looking for a cheap speedster, this'll do the job. But it's nothing great. And has a few quirks that are annoying beyond belief. The USB slots will literally latch on so tightly that i have to use needle nose pliers to yank out the husk of whatever USB device I had put in it. Same goes for the ethernet port.
And no, it wasn't the USB devices or the ethernet ends. I've used them on dozens of other computers with no issue. (IT guy)
*UPDATE (10.25.16) -1 Star: So the network port tried to eat another one of my cords. And now it won't snap in ANY cord i try. So if i want to use ethernet i have to hold the cable in or make sure i type very lightly so it doesn't shake itself out..
The bluetooth is even s***tier than before. I'll be maybe 4 ft away from the laptop (bluetooth earbuds) but even when it's less than 1 ft (a mouse) it barely works. And i know it's not the device because the earbuds work fine with my phone and the mouse works with other computers.
The WiFi also seems to be getting spotty...
And just in case you think i'm being too rough with the laptop or not careful enough. I bought a pelican laptop bag(crush resistant, padded, shock resistant, water tight, etc) specifically to keep it safe. When i transport the bag, i wedge it snugly between the seat and the backseat (just enough so it won't fall during a turn). And i always lightly place the bag on the ground. I'm not slamming it around or anything.
The laptop started off pretty decent but the whole thing seems to be falling apart :/
HP 15-ay018nr 15.6-Inch Laptop (Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD)
Great features for $600.00, boots into windows from off in about 10 seconds with SSD, 1920x1080 IPS screen a great feature, comes with one 8GB stick of ram has a second slot to add an additional 8GB for a total of 16GB.NOTE this laptop uses ddr4 memory not ddr3 as described on amazon
AC wifi, ethernet is 10/100 not gigabit? keyboard is not backlit
update: 12/8/16 laptop fails to recognize DVD player/burner did a 45 minute chat session with HP in India, they want me to give them a credit card # and they will ship me a new DVD but not use credit card.
removed bottom cover of laptop and found ribbon cable to dvd interface plug disconnected all good now
Most Recent Customer Reviews
-The keys have very low travel, meaning they bottom...Read more