EzyDog Doggy Flotation Device Dog Life Vest Jacket (DFD)
Enhance your purchase
|Size||X-Large (Pack of 1)|
|Chest Size||20 Inches|
About this item
- BEST HIGH-PERFORMANCE FLOTATION DEVICE DOG LIFE VEST JACKET: Combining advanced manufacturing techniques and the highest performance materials available, our DFD is designed, and extensively tested, to give your dog the most ergonomic and comfortable fit possible.
- ADJUSTABLE DESIGN WITH 50% MORE FLOATION MATERIAL: Adjustable neoprene straps form an ergonomic, secure fit that keeps up with your dog. The EzyDog dog life vest flotation device uses superior durable construction and features up to 50% more flotation material than most other pet life jackets.
- ERGONOMIC INTEGRATED GRAB HANDLE: The integrated grab handle in our dog life vest provides and easy and secure way to handle your dog and makes it quick and easy to guide your dog into and out of the water.
- HIGHLY REFLECTIVE INTEGRATED TRIM: The highly reflective detailing designed into your EzyDog Doggy Flotation Device provide you with greater visibility and improved night time safety.
- CUSTOM SIZING FOR A PERFECT FIT: EXTRA LARGE (Extra Large) size fits dogs with a 20"-26" body length, a 30"-48" girth, and a weight over 90 pounds.
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
|Size||Weight (lbs)||Girth (inches)||Length (inches)|
|XS||15 - 25||19 - 32||10 - 13|
|S||20 - 45||21 - 35||13 - 16|
|M||40 - 60||25 - 39||15 - 20|
|L||60 - 90||27 - 44||17 - 24|
|XL||90+||30 - 48||20 - 26|
|*The DFD is loaded with additional flotation, so if it fits, they float!||*Girth is generally the best reference for a proper fit.||*If Girth and Weight are a match you can disregard length.|
EzyDog lives and breathes innovative design. Our dog life jackets are built from high performance materials to play just as hard as your pooch, keeping her safe and comfortable wherever she roams. Our Doggy Flotation Vest boasts up to 50% more ultra-buoyant material, strategically placed to keep your dog in a natural, easy swimming position at all times. And a sturdy nylon D-ring means you can clip a leash to the vest. Our dog life vest is rigorously tested to ensure that they give your dog the most ergonomic and comfortable fit possible. And the easy to adjust neoprene straps make putting on the life vest a matter of seconds. Our life vests for dogs won’t hinder or restrict your pooch’s natural movement, so you can play on lake or land.
EzyDog Doggy Floatation Device (DFD)
Combining advanced manufacturing techniques and the highest performance materials available; EzyDog has set the benchmark for K9 products with the Doggy Floatation Device (DFD). The DFD's have been designed and extensively tested to give your dog the most ergonomic and comfortable fit possible.
The EzyDog DFD uses up to 50% more flotation material than many others on the market. After all, shouldn't a float vest float? Our unique ultra-bouyancy foam is strategically positioned within the vest to keep your dog in a natural swimming position at all times. The Doggy Flotation Device does not hinder your dogs' natural movement and can be quickly and easily fastened and removed.
Safety and Comfort
Neoprene Belly Straps create a comfortable and custom fit so you can let them swim with confidence. A center weighted grab handle makes it easy to carry them over any fallen obstacle or scoop them away from danger. Reflective trim keeps makes them visible in all levels of light.
A Fit for All Breeds
For best fit measure the girth of the dog. This is the area around the dog at the widest. Measure the general back length of the dog. Girth will take priority when selecting a size. For Dogs under 15 pounds, check out the EzyDog Micro DFD.
Product detailsSize:X-Large (Pack of 1) | Color:Red
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 23 x 20.5 x 2.5 inches; 1.4 Pounds
- Item model number : 807203115063
- Date First Available : April 15, 2011
- Manufacturer : EzyDog, LLC
- ASIN : B004AA1AXW
- Customer Reviews:
Compare with similar items
Paws Aboard Pet Life Jacket
RUFFWEAR, Float Coat Dog Life Jacket, Swimming Safety Vest with Handle
HAOCOO Dog Life Jacket Vest Saver Safety Swimsuit Preserver with Reflective Stripes/Adjustable Belt for Dog
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||EzyDog||Pettit Online Stores||NetRush||HAOCOO|
|Item Dimensions||23 x 20.5 x 2.5 inches||18 x 9 x 3 inches||19.29 x 20.28 x 2.5 inches||—|
|Size||X-Large (Pack of 1)||Large (Pack of 1)||X-Large (Pack of 1)||2X-Large (Pack of 1)|
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
We have an Outward Hound version that is most similar to this one, so I will compare and contrast them. The OH DFD has a full piece of cloth that has velcro to distribute the pressure underneath if lifting the dog while in it. The EzyDog in comparison has wide straps with wider cloth/padding over both straps that go under the body I think that the Outward Hound probably distributes the weight better, but it also has more potential to cause the dog to overheat also if left on without swimming. Either would cause them to overheat if left on very long without being cooled by water.
The Outward Hound version has some additional padding/flotation under the neck strap which helps keep the head higher in the water than the EzyDog. In addition the OH flotation device has a little less flotation in the rear, which lets the rear of the dog sink in a bit more so that the dog is on a slight angle in the water. The EzyDog keeps the dog very straight in the water, which effectively keeps the dogs mouth very near or in the water. You can leave the rear strap a little loose on the EzyDog, and it helps offset this tendency just a bit.
What the EzyDog needs is to have a smaller rear part. Instead of a square design from front to back, it should taper back I believe. Either a taper toward the back, or more flotation in the front. The problem with more flotation, is that it is that the EzyDog is already quite thick. It could however be done as an additional flap as on the OH DFD vest.
Another thing that the full/square back end causes for dogs with a small waist is that the strap padding will have to get pulled under the strap "guide" that holds the strap in place if it is tightened. If your dog has a tubular body style, then of course this would probably not be an issue.
In general the EzyDog is incredibly well made. The material is almost canvas like, the straps are very wide, and the buckles are heavy duty. I would not hesitate to pick up my 80lb bulldog out of the water with it. In contrast, the Outward Hound version didn't even last the first season before I ripped the handle off. The EzyDog costs about 2x the price of the OH vest, and it is easily built to last 2x as long. Heck, this thing might outlast my boat!
Your dog will not sink with the EzyDog device on. You will be able to relax and not worry if they are drowning themselves. You will be able to lift your dog up by the handle if necessary and it should last a very long time. The quality of it is outstanding. With a few design tweaks it would be perfect.
Finally, I would suggest that if in doubt, go with a smaller size. The EzyDog DFD is quite buoyant. You can stick a small one on a big dog as long as the straps fit, but you can't really do the reverse. Oh yea, adopt a rescue dog ;-)
There are a lot of vests to choose from on line but I'd recommend EzyDog to anyone.
1) the top of the neck- in front of the ring- ought to be notched or ?. There is a lot of pressure on the dogs neck from the vest while swimming due to it holding his head above water.
2) the neck hole/buckle: needs modification to keep the 2 ends better aligned. There is too much play and tightening up too much will cause rubbing and discomfort. Plus this area needs flexibility to allow extended movement of the shoulders while swimming.
3) the chest/neck area in front of the vest: redesign to such that this area curves up and outwards for result in a chin rest and reduce water flowing into their mouths while swimming.
4) the 2 belly straps should have a neoprene sleeve or be made entirely of neoprene to increase flotation and comfort.
It took me a long time of searching to find a life vest that actually fit my dog. She’s a 185lb English Mastiff. When she stands on her hind legs she’s over 6ft. With the straps on this extended as far as they go, we can put this on her and even cinch it down a little bit.