Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports STEM
asked by O. Nile on February 7, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 15 answers
A
I am sitting in the dark in my room right now really angry and in need of answers. Nothing in my room will shut on anymore I don't know what to do or if anything will cut back on over time.
Margret Foster answered on March 19, 2015
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I had the same problem, and had NOTHING ELSE plugged in or running in the kitchen.
L. Benson answered on August 27, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
GoFast answered on June 16, 2013
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
My first electric bill after having my new Keurig coffee maker for a month was more than tripled. I looked at my meter while the Keurig was plugged, and it the dial was spinning like a top. I then unplugged the Keurig and went back outside to check the meter, and the dial was barely moving. I'm taking the Keurig back for a refund.
Georgia Q. answered on December 13, 2012
Comment | 0 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
A gfci doesn't trip for shorts or overload. What is probably happening is water or condensation has gotten into the electrical.
Jason_m answered on April 26, 2012
Comment (1) | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hi there...my keurig machine is 3.5 years old and has never ever tripped the breaker in my kitchen. Until today...tried plugging it in 3 or 4 times...different outlets....unplugged everything in the kitchen. I'm pretty sure mine has a short so since it has NEVER tripped the gfci before today I'm just going to put it in the bin.
J. Johnson answered on February 25, 2012
Comment (1) | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I got a B60 for Christmas and measured it with a P3 Kill A Watt.
- Mine takes about 4 minutes to heat water from unplugged
- When idle, it consumes 5-6 watts, with infrequent spikes to 400 watts to keep heated, and during brewing
- After a brew cycle, when it pumps new water it spikes to 1500 watts for about a minute
- A brew cycle uses less than 0.02kWh
- Mine used a total of 0.67kWh in a 24 hour period including 5 brew cycles
- At $0.15 per kWh, that's around 10 cents a day to leave it heated 24/7.
Curt answered on January 2, 2012
Comment (1) | 10 of 11 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Does it keep the water hot 24/7? or does it heat the water up when you brew a cup. and how long does it take to heat up the water?
K. nugent answered on December 4, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have a B70 but the results are probably the same, I stuck it on a killawatt for about 14 hours in standby (already heated up), no auto shutoff set.

Over 14 1/2 hours it used 0.29 Kwh, that is just to keep the water ready for brewing. At my top rate of $0.30/Kwh that is around $4 a month if it was on all the time. However I usually have it set to turn off after 2 hours, and to automatically turn on in the morning when I need it. I'll leave it to run this cycle for a few days on the Killawatt and see what the difference is.
wolfman answered on October 31, 2011
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Songbird answered on December 30, 2010
Comment (1) | 2 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product