Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon toystl17_gno
Customer Discussions > Nintendo DSi - Matte Black forum

dsi or ipod touch...which one to choose???

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 11, 2009, 9:17:16 AM PDT
Crespo says:
trying to decide which one to buy.....

Dsi or ipod touch???

Posted on Apr 11, 2009, 5:41:20 PM PDT
craftyjava says:
I wouldn't even say they are comparable... they might do a few similar things but are such completely different pieces of electronics that it's almost like saying " a computer or a television? "

My ipod touch is probably my favorite techie thing I own (other then my macbook) being that I can surf the web, read my email, us a ton of different apps from simple games to shopping lists to you name it, plus watch movies, listen to music, store videos/photos etc etc etc... hands down a wonderful purchase and I couldn't recommend anything more.

That said the Dsi I is also great, but it's main purpose is for playing games... much more detailed games then any little application you'll have on your ipod touch.

So... if you're looking for a game player get the DSi, if you're looking for something else get the ipod touch.

Posted on Apr 11, 2009, 7:11:31 PM PDT
Eagle Vision says:
If you plan to play video games, the DSi. It is upgradable to 32 GB so you can store that much in AAC formatted songs.

If you want music or want to watch videos, the Touch. The Touch has games available but they are more 'mini games'.

Both play music and take pictures.

Posted on Apr 12, 2009, 4:37:19 AM PDT
Daguz says:
Ipod Touch > DSi

Best thing to do...

8GB Ipod Touch $212
DS Lite $129
$341 total.

Posted on Apr 12, 2009, 6:54:24 AM PDT
T. Larkin says:
Can't help you answer that question unless I knew what you are looking for. If itunes is more important to you, get the ipod, if playing games is more important, get teh DSi.

Posted on Apr 13, 2009, 7:53:41 AM PDT
Jak says:
The iPod touch is definitely the better choice. The DSi is new and nice, but the Touch has much more functionality. With the amount of apps on the app store, you will never get bored, and is definitely much better than the DSiWare shop. I've had a touch for 18 months now, and i have gotten the most use out of this device than almost and device I've ever owned. The internet based abilities are WAY better than anything the DSi has to offer, with a built in Mail app, Weather app, Stocks app, Google Maps app, not to mention a full web browser that is easy and intuitive to use. And by the rate that it is progressing, it will only get better in time. I bought mine when it came with 13 apps, including music photos, videos, safari, you tube, but now, it has over 100 apps that i use almost on a daily basis. Many of the games lately have been pretty crappy, but older and more expensive games (9.99 for an iPod game vs 19.99 for a DS game) have much better replay value, such as some of the racing games, or Rolando. Plus, even as a 15 year old, i use a simple finance application to track my daily spending and earnings.

Bottom line, the ipod touch provides way better value.

Posted on Apr 13, 2009, 8:48:44 AM PDT
Ryan Karolak says:
I say it depends on your needs. I have an iPod Touch and I love it. You can play games on it, listen to music, and use a lot of PDA-like apps that are web-compatible. If you only want a gaming device then the DSi is probably a better choice since that's what it's made for. If you mostly want a media player, PDA, or Internet browser then the iPod is definitely a better choice. It really comes down to priorities. Choose which is important and go with the corresponding device. They both crossover into each other's territory, but they are both better at what they were originally made to do.

Posted on Apr 13, 2009, 2:56:40 PM PDT
Smithy Dude says:
ipod touch for work, DSi for play

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2009, 4:22:08 PM PDT
Someone says:
The DSi is a fun little toy to play with, but so is the iTouch. I currently have both of them. On the app store for the iTouch you can buy a game for $1 that is better than half the DSi games.

I would wait on both of them and buy the iTouch when a better version of it comes out, it should have a camera, a speaker, and a microphone.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2009, 7:22:34 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 14, 2009, 7:22:56 AM PDT
J. Rio says:
@Someone

They have... it's called an iPhone.

Posted on Apr 22, 2009, 9:12:07 AM PDT
Rose Nones says:
The Itouch doesn't have a camera. I love my IPhone and all the camera apps plus the games and online games. I use it everyday. I want the DSI but not as badly. If you trade in your DS lite at Gamestop you get $70 off the DSI but I am waiting for pink.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2009, 11:07:43 AM PDT
B. Lundie says:
it has come out what you just described is called an iphone...

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2009, 5:35:32 AM PDT
Pebbles says:
DSI. Besides from what I've heard ipods can be pretty expensive so I just waited til the DSI came out & got the blue DSI plus it has an ipod on it all you have to do is put the music on it.

Posted on May 1, 2010, 7:09:16 PM PDT
yea true you also watch movies on the DSi

Posted on May 1, 2010, 7:11:11 PM PDT
yea true you also watch movies on the DSi
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Apr 11, 2009
Latest post:  May 1, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

This discussion is about
Nintendo DSi - Matte Black
Nintendo DSi - Matte Black by Nintendo (Nintendo DS)
4.5 out of 5 stars (1,451)