Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now
Customer Discussions > The Complete Studio Recordings forum

Which is better (in terms of dynamic range)? Complete Studio Recordings or Definitive Collection Mini LP Replica?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 14, 2009 10:35:23 AM PDT
ADSH1 says:
There are two box sets available for Led Zeppelin: Complete Studio Recordings and Definitive Collection Mini LP Replica ?

Which one of these is better, in that it is not a victim of loudness wars and has more dynamic range?

Thanks.

Posted on Sep 23, 2009 5:09:34 PM PDT
I now have both and believe they are the same. I don't have any equipment to analyze that but I have no reason to believe these albums were remastered again. I did own a couple of the Barry Diament mastered CD's years ago which are reputedly better but I don't have them to compare now. I am very happy with these versions, the sound is terrific, so unless you want the prettier mini replica LP set, save the money and get this one when you find a good deal.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Sep 14, 2009
Latest post:  Sep 23, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Complete Studio Recordings
The Complete Studio Recordings by Led Zeppelin (Audio CD - 1994)
4.8 out of 5 stars (310)