Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: eBags Large Packing Cubes - 3pc Set
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on April 10, 2010
When I first read about packing cubes I thought they were just a gimmick to sell more stuff I don't need. Then after a particularly frustrating trip where searching through the suitcase for what I wanted caused stress and wrinkled clothes, I decided to give them a try. Well, I am a believer now! This large set is the third set I have purchased because my husband and I argue over the one large packing bag we had from a previously purchased mixed size set. Packing cubes are great to keep clothes organized, neat and if you have to do that quick "overweight" shuffle at the airport, you can take one pack out and throw it in your carry on easily. They are also peace of mind if your bag is selected to be searched at the airport things won't go flying out of an overly stuffed suitcase! I highly recommend them for anyone who loves to travel. These large ones are great for pants, dresses, jackets, and sweaters.
33 comments| 272 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 12, 2009
We recently spent two weeks in Hawaii. Now days, with all the restrictions on airlines, packing has become a major pain. However using the ebags, I was able to take just about all the clothes I wanted ( I don't pack light) and more importantly I was able to organize my items in categories such as shorts, tops, underwear etc. The ebags also allowed me to do parallel packing so that I could have a week's worth of clothes in each bag. That way if one bag got lost (it happens - I know from experience) I still had everything I needed. I used the rolling technique and wrinkling really was minimized. I can also see many other possibilities for around the house.
0Comment| 131 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2013
Great product.. I am happy with the product. Helps a lot to keep clothes organized in sets, in closet or while travelling.
The raspberry color was really cool !
This size ("Large") is perfect for clothes. Any of those smaller sizes of these e-bags aren't really useful for shirts trousers etc.. I also bought medium sized one previously, they were good only for hankys and underwears. So if you plan to use for clothes, go for "Large"
0Comment| 128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2014
There is nothing fancy about these packing cubes. Just a zippered "cube" with a handle, but they make packing SO much more organized. I bought 3 large, 3 medium, and 3 small. We just returned from a 4 night/5 day trip to Disney World. I was able to pack 2 changes of clothes per day, pajamas, undergarments, toiletries, makeup, hair dryer and straightener in all 9 of our cubes. We are a family of 4 and all of our clothes and necessities fit into ONE 25' suitcase with these cubes. I'm all about organization AND being able to take as little luggage as possible. These are awesome. For reference on sizes:

LARGE CUBES: I was able to fit 2 pair of my husbands jeans, 2 pair of my jeans, 3 pair of shorts for my husband and 3 pair of shorts for me in one large cube. Our girls are are 1.5 and 4.5 I was able to fit 8 of their outfits into one large cube.

MEDIUM CUBES: One medium cube held 10 tops/tshirts for me. I am a size medium/large. I was also able to fit 8 shirts into one medium cube for my husband. He is a size large/XL. I also used one medium cube for my makeup bag, brush, blow dryer and hair straightener.

SMALL CUBES: I was able to fit 4 pair of children's pajamas, 4 pair of children's underwear and 8 pair of socks into one small cube. In another small cube was our shampoo, deodorant, lotion, sunscreen, soap, toothpaste, and toothbrushes.

Bottom line: If you love an organized suitcase and being able to pack A LOT in a little space, these are for you.
on November 14, 2013
I've been using these (in assorted sizes) for several years - and they are absolutely wonderful. They are virtually totally weightless (rip stop nylon, heavy duty netting, and nylon zipper around 3 sides.) Netting allows you to see what's inside - somewhat. I sometimes will loop a tag with string through the netting to identify more specifics if I've got a lot of stuff - sometimes that happens. So far it appears TSA is more gentle with their inspections. Luggage always arrives packed just like when I left home, even though it's gone through TSA inspection. Large size can hold 3-4 pairs adult slacks/jeans...don't be afraid to "over pack" these babies. Other sizes for everything else. If you're traveling with someone and can manage with just one checked bag (saving airline fees), these are an absolute necessity to keep your stuff easily separated. First used these on African safari where we were on the move almost every day. This saved hours of precious time packing, unpacking, repacking, etc. When staying in hotel or cruise ship, easy to put the "cubes" right into the drawer for easy access. Take an extra one for the dirty laundry you'll be bringing home. Use one for electronic stuff to keep all chargers, cords, accessories together. Also I use one for the "stuff" I want in front of me on the plane. Kindle, glasses, snacks, whatevers and have it in my carry-on. As soon as I get to my seat, this comes out, and the carry-on goes overhead and I'm set for long flights. (look for other sizes and shapes to meet your needs) (and as noted on product info, they do have a flat handle so if need be, you can easily carry.) One more big advantage. If airline says your bag is over the weight limit, it's easy to pull out one or two of these and fix the problem (and then figure out where to put them! But at least you don't get hit with the over-weight charges.)
44 comments| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 7, 2015
I love these eBags!! I ordered them in the Large size during a lightning deal (size based on reviewers recommendations) and they turned out to be better than expected!

Got them before a trip having wanted to get some packing cubes for a long time. I could see the benefits of having clothing items organized and not having to deal with TSA security while clothing is falling out of luggage, etc...

I really liked the idea of being able to throw cubes of clothing into hotel dresser drawers rather than fuss with luggage in itself...

What I hadn't expected was that these could essentially be used by themselves so well! We dressed in our tennis shoes and warmer clothes for our flight and then after one night at our hotel, we had to switch rooms...

Of course the hotel agreed to stow our luggage until our new room was prepared, so we went to the hotel pool. Well now packing our jeans and tennies on top of the rest of our items wasn't happening in our carry on bags, lol...

These eBags were a lot better than the plastic bag hotels provide for dry cleaning... I really appreciated the size, the handle, and general ease of use!

I only took 2 with me but next time I'll be sure to carry the 3rd one empty as well. They really take very little to no space at all and when you roll clothing items, you can get a ton into them.

I'm uploading a couple of photos from when we had them in use on our trip. They aren't full but you can see they're similar in size to a briefcase. Realistically, these could have so many different uses; I'm thinking to use one to stow a few items under my car driver's seat, for one...

They seem very well made. The zippers and pulls are of nice quality so I think they should last a long time. Breathable mesh and everything as described. If anything should change, quality wise, I'll update this review down the road.

Very happy with this purchase! Buy with confidence. Smile. Hope this is helpful!
review image review image
on March 11, 2014
First off, I *love* eBags's packing cubes. The "small" and "slim" size cubes are absolute travel favorites. But the "large" size is, well just too large! When packed full (or even semi-full), they are floppy, sloppy and generally unwieldy. Right now I'm using my large cubes for off-season clothing storage, inside a very firm plastic storage container. I cannot imagine using these for travel since they'd use up more space with their unavoidable lumpiness than they'd save with compression. And they're really too large to be useful for organization either, except at home where you might actually have 14 pairs of jeans to load into one cube (and a large shelf on which to store it -- the cube is too large, when packed full, to fit into many typical drawers). I can only imagine they'd be organizationally useful for travel if multiple people were sharing one suitcase and wanted to separate out their entire trip wardrobes, and even then the ergonomics inside the suitcase might become pretty awkward and space-wasting.

For travel packing, I'd strongly recommend the small and slim cubes, and maybe medium depending on the flexibility of your suitcase. (i.e. medium would work well in a shapeless duffle, but less well in a hardside)
on December 28, 2008
Excellent product for both travelling and storing off-season clothes. It helps keeping everything tidy and organized. That is my second set. I intend to order a third for my mother.
on August 2, 2011
Q: Who knew that a thin piece of material and a zipper could make traveling more enjoyable?

A: The makers of the packing cubes and some of the customers who bought them!

Pencil me in the "Love them" column.

They helped me limit the amount of items I packed (I've always been an over packer), organize items better, keep things more wrinkle-free, keep the suitcase interior neater, made it easier to divide things up to travel in two suitcases (checked and carry on), keep items from getting messed up if my suitcase gets searched at the airport or port, find items easier, find items when not unpacking (one night pre-cruise hotel stay) and unpack at my destination (cruise ship).

I originally purchased - One 3-piece set of eBags Slim Packing Cubes and two 3-piece sets of eBags Mixed Packing Cubes (set includes 1 large, 1 medium, and 1 small). Upon receiving them, I decided a couple more large sized bags would come in handy for dividing our clothes between cases, so I put in an order for one 3-piece set of eBags Large Packing Cubes.

I love all the sizes. There are so many uses for these bags...the majority of which I hadn't thought of until I saw the enclosed suggested uses sheet that was inside the shipment.

(No, you're not losing your mind :D. If you've been looking at reviews for eBags you may have seen this very same review. Since I purchased 1 or 2 of each size, I used the same review for all products.)
on July 29, 2014
Not much to say about these bags other than I couldn't decide what size to purchase. They were cheap enough that I decided to buy the large and medium sizes, knowing that others in my family could use what I did not. The handles are a nice touch.

I have similar Eagle Creek packing cubes that seem to use a more robust fabric. Not necessarily a pro or con - thicker may be more robust, but it's also heavier.

Packing in cubes makes it easy to transfer clothes from your suitcase to the hotel drawers so you're not living out of your suitcase during a trip. I also found them really handy when leaving my bags in "left baggage" at the Singapore airport - I was only there overnight, and I didn't want to lug my bags (which also held video equipment) to the hotel. So, I pulled the clothes I needed for the overnight stay (already packed in a cube) as I was handing my luggage over to the storage attendant at the airport. The next day, I reinserted the cube with my used clothes when I retrieved my bags at the airport.