Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,345 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,542 reviews
on April 8, 2017
I purchased these eBags packing cubes for me and my husband for a 3 week trip out of the country. We needed to take as few items as possible since we would be moving from hotel to hotel but we needed to be able to fit 3 weeks worth of clothes in our carry on suitcases. I love these packing cubes, they helped to save so much space and it made it so easy to sort our tops and bottoms. We were able to just remove a cube if we needed it instead of messing up the entire suitcase trying to look for items. All three of these cubes in this set were completely filled with clothes and they all fit in one carry-on suitcase plus I had room for one slim packing cube from eBags that I also purchased. I thought about purchasing cheaper versions of these types of packing cubes but I always think you get what you pay for. These cubes were tightly packed and the zippers did not break and the mesh on top did not tear. If you are looking for great quality then these are the bags. When you are not using them for travel you can also use them for organization if you like; I have all of my husbands socks in one bag in the drawer so it looks nice and organized.
review image review image review image
VINE VOICEon April 2, 2014
I'm an organized packer (think Jack Nicholson in "As Good as It Gets") and these packing cubes are fabulous. I've used these 3-piece sets for two years in three colors (aqua, denim and red paisley), plus the Shoe Bag and the pair of Shoe Sleeves. The top three benefits: 1) they organize clothing (by whole outfits or by types of clothing, e.g. shirts or pants vs underwear/socks); 2) they "contain" the clothing, keeping things folded neatly instead of wrinkled from sloshing around loose in the suitcase; 3) the different colors can visually differentiate whose clothing it is.

I use them on every trip and usually live out of the suitcase. But I just returned from a cruise, where you really have no choice but to unpack and use the stateroom drawers, and these cubes were even better there: unpacking took about 5 minutes (I just transferred the cubes from the suitcase to the drawers); the cubes kept everything neat in the drawers; and the cubes provided a hygienic layer against direct contact between my clothes and the public drawer.

After each trip, I simply wash them with the rest of the laundry, air them dry, and they're ready for the next trip. I highly, highly, highly recommend!
on March 26, 2013
These packing cubes have revolutionized the way I pack and travel. I used to pack by throwing articles of clothing into a suitcase (my clothes, kids' clothes, bathing suits, shoes, etc.) over the course of two days and then having to take everything out of the suitcase to inventory what I had and had not yet packed. Upon arriving at our destination we would dump the suitcase and sort through the piles of clothes to find what we needed.

Now... each family member has their own color packing cube - it usually takes 3-4 small cubes or 2-3 large ones per person for a week's worth of clothes. I know by looking at the cubes what is already packed and can easily sort clothing by person once we arrive at our destination. The cubes fit easily into a suitcase and add almost no weight to your luggage. They have handles on the one side so they are easy to get in and out of suitcases, and can be thrown into the car or carried around loose easily. These bags are also great for storing off-season clothing.

Regarding bag sizes:

SMALL (3 x 11 x 6.8 in): I use the small cubes for baby/toddler clothing or for adult socks, underwear, etc.. I can fit about 4 pairs of pants and 4 shirts/sweaters (more if they are thin or warm-weather items) in one small bag; or a weeks worth of adult bras & panties; or a weeks worth of socks. On summer trips, I use a small bag for the kid's bathing suits so the swimming gear is all in one place. Then when we unpack the bathing suit cube to swim, I put dry clothes into it and put it in the pool bag so we have it handy after they are done swimming. This size is good for isolating 1-2 complete kids' outfits (pants, shirt, undies, socks, sweater) in case you are making an overnight stop on your way somewhere and only need to unpack one change of clothes instead of busting out the whole suitcase (or even for keeping an extra change of clothes in the trunk of your car for every-day spills/accidents). I slide them into my suitcase (standard carry-on size rolling suitcase) handles-up you can fit 5-6 across. This is definitely the most versatile size cube and the one I use the most.

MEDIUM (3 x 9.8 x 13.8 in): The medium bags are a good match for children's clothing. I usually use medium cubes for my 5-year-old's clothes. I can fit 4-5 pairs of pants and 4-5 tops in one medium bag (I pack the stack of pants and stack of tops side-by-side). This size is also good for adult dresses - you can fit 1-3 dresses in a bag, depending on size/season. You can fit about 4 medium bags in a standard carry-on rolling suitcase.

LARGE (3.2 x 12.8 x 17.5 in): I use the large bags for adult clothing (4-5 pants and 4-5 tops or several bulky sweaters and jeans). I usually use one or two of these bags for my pants, shirts, sweaters, etc. and then use small or medium bags for the rest. You can usually only fit 2 of these large cubes into a suitcase. They are pretty big bags, and start to become unwieldy if you pack them really full - and at that point I figure I might as well just put the clothes directly in the suitcase. However, this would be a good "overflow" bag if your suitcase is full and you still have items left to pack. I will sometimes pack 2 blankets in one of these large bags and throw it in the bag of the car for our trip. I have only 2-3 of the large cubes and that is plenty.
44 comments| 116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 20, 2016
Good, lightweight, functional design but I experienced one major and one minor defect.

1) Large bag tore near the handle within first two weeks of travel use. The stitching is pretty light and just came apart, leaving a 3 inch tear. Finished the rest of my trip with just the two smaller ones, maybe could have been usable with duct tape. They were packed somewhat tight with clothes but not overfilled, so it surprised me that it ripped so easily.

2) Medium bag's inner stitching along the zipper started fraying within first few weeks. This was minor except it caused the zipper to frequently snag while closing unless I periodically snipped the loose threads.

Bumped from 2 to 3 stars because eBags is sending a replacement after using their live chat support with no need to mail the defective one back.
review image
on November 11, 2014
Why use packing cubes? What is their purpose? WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?!?!

If you've ever been in a hotel room rummaging around your bag, trying to find that last pair of socks you KNOW you packed, then you need packing cubes.

I was skeptical. I had no clue what I would use them for. Now I want 2-3 more sets.

For a normal week-long work trip:
- I usually use the large cube for my daily outfits. As others mention, it is really huge and difficult to use all of the space it offers.
- I use the medium size cubes for workout outfits: tops, leggings, sports bras, socks, and all my workout accessories.
- I use the small cube for underwear, camis, and bras.

Then when I get to my destination, unpacking is so much less stressful. I know exactly where everything "lives" inside my bag, so if I immediately need to change for a business dinner, I don't have to go digging. I usually empty out the large size cube and that cube becomes my "dirty clothes" cube. My medium cube becomes my "clothes I packed but didn't wear". Small cube comes home with accessories like belts, armband for workouts, etc.

I can't really explain it, but I feel 10 times more organized and less stress with my packing cubes. I'd highly recommend. I wish I hadn't picked orange though, because it reminds me of a construction zone.
on September 7, 2013
I am a road warrior for work. I usually travel one week at a time, at least 1 week of the month and as frequently as 6 weeks in a row. As a result I am pretty good at packing into the smallest luggage possible.....but these packing cubes put my best packing skills to shame.

When I first saw these on Amazon, I was very skeptical. Only because of all the positive reviews did I try them. Simply put...They work. They work great.

They appear to be durable with nylon material with a mesh for easy viewing along the top to see what is in each cube. I will wait to see on the long term durability as I will be using them a LOT more than most. But even with the amount of traveling I do, even if I have to buy two sets in a year I will be impressed.

It was hard to tell what size these really were or what they will hold by looking online. Several reviews have given the actual dimensions, but here is how they work in real life:

SMALL: Held all my toiletries including a lot of extras like a full sized electric razor, cologne, several bottles of medicine (allergy, a big bottle of horse pill sized antibiotics, Vicks, and Advil...I hate traveling while recovering from a bad cold), full toothbrush, etc.... and still have room to spare if I notice I forgot anything at the last minute.

MEDIUM: This is the perfect size for carry-on roller bags, which mine is a Dockers brand 21 inch roller luggage bag. All of my clothes for the week (4 days' worth) fit in here and still left about 40% of my luggage empty where normally I would only have about 10% to 20% free space. In here I put:
<> 5 Shirts (2 dress shirts, 1 Polo, 1 T-shirt, 1 Swim Shirt),
<> 5 Pants/Shorts (1 Dockers, 2 jeans, 1 pajama bottoms, 1 Swim Trunks),
<> Underwear and Undershirts (4 underwear, 4 Undershirts), and
<> 4 pairs of socks.

Updated Note: I should have noted that when you pack as I do for saving space, your clothes will not come out wriggle free as others expressed. If you pack for wrinkle free you will not be able to as much in the packing cube. I could see 2 dress shirts and 2 slacks plus a few ties, 2 pairs of underwear and socks packing nicely to remain as wrinkle free as possible while in a suitcase as being a reasonable expectation of how much you could pack in the middle cube when your goal is limiting ironing when you get there.

LARGE: This is very close the size of a carry on roller bag, just a little smaller than my carry-on roller bag actually. This could be used to fit more in a roller bag without it, but this will offer the more obvious benefit in a full size luggage that you would check in. I haven't tried to see how much I could fit in this yet, but I already told my wife I am getting her and my son a set for our Disney World trip next Spring. I am so used to traveling with such small bags when I travel on my own, but when the family comes I always jump from my usual one carry-on bag to 3 check bags and 3 full carry-on bags. I have little doubt that between me, my wife, and son that will be able to reduce our luggage by at least one checked bag and one carry on roller bag on that trip (and depending the airlines that is saving a lot of $$ in checked bag fees and with some charging for carry-on bags on top of that). Plus with sharing a suitcase it will be real easy to unpack with shared luggage as the packing cubes will be different colors for each person.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 29, 2015
Pros:
- Quality build
- Excellent zipper quality and durability
- Strong seams
- Lightweight
- Open netting design allows for visibility of contents and easy compression
- Attractive but simple colors and design
- Comfortable zipper pulls
- Excellent customer service

Cons:
- None at this time, but there are strong competitors now that offer similar packages at potentially more competitive prices

Personal Experience:

Ask me a year ago whether I would ever have packing cubes and I would have scoffed at you and declared that it was illogical to try to save packing space by using packing cubes that forced the cube shape. Now...I'm a believer!!

Packing cubes have changed the way I packed forever. Not only does it organize everything I pack (underwear, socks, pajamas go in one; shirts and pants go in another, etc), it allows me to pack 2-3 times more than I used to be able to because you are able to squeeze everything into a packing cube and then zip it up. Packing cubes don't add any appreciable weight to your luggage because they are so lightweight anyway. And for longer trips, I simply take out my packing cubes from my duffel bag/suitcase and they serve as drawers for all my travel items.

In terms of eBags specifically, I referenced in my "Pros" why I think eBags is generally superior to other brands. In addition, I have used eBags' other products (lunch box, etc) and have had wonderful experiences with their customer service. That is definitely one thing to consider when purchasing packing cubes from competitors that have less reputable names–they may also make quality packing cubes, but if something goes wrong a few years down the line, will they take care of you as well as a more established and reputable company like eBags?

**Update: I also own two sets of Shacke Pak packing cubes (you can read my other reviews) and have had the opportunity to compare them directly to eBags. In all honesty, both brands make exceptional packing cubes and you really wouldn't be disappointed either way. But to be nit picky, I will share a few of my observations:
- Shacke Pak uses a material with a matte finish compared to the more shiny honeycomb design of eBags. The Shacke Pak material stretches ever so slightly, whereas the eBags material has very little give. As a result, it appears that the material eBags uses is slightly more durable, but Shacke Pak looks slightly more premium.
- Shacke Pak uses hidden stitching beneath the zippers, whereas eBags uses a double stitched design in most places. After owning the Shacke Pak packing cubes for about a year, I am noticing that the hidden stitching under the zipper pulls a little more and actually becomes visible when I pack the cubes tightly. This concerns me slightly and makes me question the long term durability whereas eBags' double stitched design seems to hold strong regardless of how tightly I pack the cubes.
- The depth of Shacke Pak packing cubes is .75" to 1" more, so you can pack more.
- The zipper pull handle (not the zipper itself) on one of my packing cubes from Shacke Pak fell off after one month. I contacted Shacke Pak and they immediately sent me an entire new packing cube. Shacke Pak demonstrated excellent customer service, but at the same time I am a little concerned that something like that happened so quickly in the first place. Since then, I have had no issues with my two sets of packing cubes from Shacke Pak. I have had no issues with eBags in terms of the zippers or zipper handles in the 6 months that I have owned them.
- Shacke Pak packing cubes gives you 4 for the price of approximately 3 from eBags. Also, Shacke Pak includes a pouch with the packing cubes that can be conveniently used as a dirty laundry bag when you're travelling. You seem to get a little more for your money with Shacke Pak.
- Zipper quality for both is excellent, as they both use YKK zippers.
- Overall: You can't go wrong with either and each brand has slight advantages over the other in a few areas. I personally think eBags is slightly more durable, but that Shacke Pak is slightly more attractive and gives you a little more for your money.

Conclusion:
If you want a well priced, high quality, attractively designed, and backed by a reputable company with outstanding warranty set of packing cubes, the eBags packing cubes are definitely for you.
on June 13, 2013
I was hesitant to spend the money on something like this (being the tightwad I am) but I can say these are definately worth the money. I can put my workout clothes in one bag, and separate the rest of my clothes in the others in a way that organizes them nicely. Its easy to unpack when you get to the hotel and leave some things (like workout clothes) in their cube in the hotel drawer, since you know how we end up not working out as much as we think we will when we travel. I bought the three variety size pack and ended up ordering three more of the medium size cube. In the end, on my last week long trip, I did not use the large bag but used all 4 mediums and the small. I have only used them once, but the quality appears to be top-notch and I don't see them falling apart anytime soon. They are thin and lightweight. If you travel, GET SOME OF THESE TODAY!!!!

For reference, I used the small bag for 7 pair of underwear and socks with plenty of room left over. One medium bag for 5 work shirts. One medium bag for 4 pairs of workout shorts/shirts and ankle socks and sports bras. I was able to put a big round hairbrush and a small jewelry container into the small bag with my socks/undies. None of my bags were completely full and could have held a little more.
on July 12, 2015
These cubes saved me the hassle of having to check in and lug around multiple pieces of luggage for an international trip. Amazingly, I was able to pack for a one-week business trip (complete with three suits and three pairs of shoes!) in ONE CARRY-ON SUITCASE.

Amazing.

I should add, I am NOT a light packer.

I rolled up all my jeans/skirts/bottoms into the large cube, my shirts in the medium cube, and my socks and under garments in the smallest cube. (Rolling your items is key to fitting everything into the cubes. You'd think that everything would be super wrinkled when you take them out, but you'd be surprised!) I packed the cubes into my carry-on suitcase and had room to fit in my toiletry bag and three pairs of shoes. I laid my three suit jackets on top of everything and zipped up the suitcase. TA-DA!

Amazing. Love these things!
on February 3, 2013
I bought these packing cubes on a whim while getting ready for a couple of upcoming trips. After using them on one of the trips, I can say that these are great! They help keep everything organized in the suitcase. I also used the small one in my carry-on to help keep my various cords and cables organized and in one place. The large size is almost the exact size of my smallest suitcase, which made it difficult to pack anything else around it- but I managed to make it work. I would have been better off using the medium size with that particular suitcase. I also bought a set of medium cubes and another set of small cubes. I'll see how my next trip goes before I buy a 3-pack of large cubes. Definitely happy with this purchase.

Edited to add: I just got back from an international trip- and now I'm raving about these cubes! Even my husband is on board! We stayed in a tiny hotel in the center of London. There was no room for two people and all of our luggage- and there was no place to unpack our clothes. I was able to take all of the packing cubes out of my suitcase and had easy access to all of my clothes, while keeping everything neat, tidy, and compact. My husband, who thought I was crazy for buying the cubes, was an instant convert and wished that he had done the same. I also filled a small cube with everything I would need on the flight and packed it in my carry-on. Once on the plane, I pulled the cube out and stowed it under my seat for easy access. The carry-on went in the overhead compartment. So easy! I love these cubes!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.