Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 1,167 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,254 reviews
on December 7, 2016
 Insten Dual Charging Back Stand Docking Station with LED light Indicator Compatible with Sony PlayStation PS3 / PS 3 Slim Controller is a good charger for the money. Our PS3 controllers for some reason will not charge hooking up through the PS3 so we bought this charger because I like the design over the ones that stack them on top. So far so good with this one. Small enough to where it does not take up too much room but sturdy enough so I am not scared it will fall over. And the LED lights are a nice touch so i know when they are charged.

The only problem I have with it and why it gets a 4 star is the design of the controllers going in. There is nothing guiding it into the charge port. So if your not paying attention you could break it or bend it. This is, I'm sure, why people complain about the design. But if you pay attention it is fine.
I told my kids to mind that and they are fine plugging and un-plugging the controllers.
on May 31, 2014
I bought this because i did not want to connect the remote to the PS3 for so many reasons, but the main one is that you can only charge the remote to the PS ONLY when the system is on. So i bought this, tested it today June 3 2014 and it works, but i don't know how long it took to charge my controller, i looked after 3 hours and it was done. In the box there is only this dock, nothing else. So i had a usb cable, i connected to this dock, then a usb wall plug, and connected it, it lights up blue, the light stays on even when no remote is connected. I just wish there was an ON/OFF button to save some energy and don't make it over heat (even if i haven't had this for too long and i don't know how it reacts usually everything does over heat.Today August 15 2014 It stopped working. What a disappointment!
on February 25, 2017
This product fits the original PS3 controllers well and saves time charging multiple controllers. One of two aftermarket controllers do not fit the charging port securely, which is more a flaw on the aftermarket controller. I wish the construction of this charger was a little more solid, however it serves its intended role just fine. It would be great is I could find a cable with a normal plug in to plug into a wall socket vs having to plug it into the PS3. Overall I am pleased with the purchase.
on April 28, 2014
If you need a controller charger this is a great find. Yes there are others that stack better but you can't beat this unit for the price. The blue light strip that goes around the unit is what really puts this thing over (imo). The silver rails put the controller at the right angle to connect the controllers USB port so make sure the bottom is against the rail before connecting and it plugs right in. I can connect it without looking at the port most times.

Comes with USB cable but no power outlet connector so you will need to get one to get power from the wall otherwise just plug it into the console. We use a USB power adapter to keep it on all the time for charging when the PS3 is off.

Very happy with this unit.
on December 8, 2012
The reason why this product deserves only 2/5 stars is that It was all plastic, even the "plastic chrome". I bought this as a gift for a family member because it was ranked 4/5 stars at the time, with very little complaints for a descent price too! But like the saying goes you get what you pay for. I just kept it for myself because it still works but it is not worthy of a "gift" item.

Pros
+Blue Lights Look Great
+Connects With ease

Cons
-Cheap, Super Cheaply Made.
-Broken Arm Bars that hold Controller
-Rattling Sound inside (If you reserve one with a broken arm bar)

Wishes: It was made of more durable plastic, or even some type of thin pressed metal.
on January 1, 2017
Works great charging our wireless PS3 controllers. They charge fast on this charger and it looks pretty cool while it's plugged in. The bottom lights up red when it's charging and lights up blue when it's done. It is bright enough that when I come downstairs in the middle of the night I don't need to turn on a light, but not so bright it's intrusive.
UPDATE: Been using this since Christmas, its now 4 1/2 months later, and it has now stopped working on 1 side. I cant recommend this since it seems to be an issue with others
on April 6, 2017
It has LED indicators of the charging level which is a really nice touch. The problem is that there is no way to turn them off or the charger itself without disconnecting the cord/power source. That means if you connect it to your PS3, it needs to be on. Same for any TV sets. If you want them off, unplug it. Looks great as a centerpiece though if you're a person who likes gadgets. Other than that, just slide your controllers in and they fit fine.
on February 11, 2016
It looks cool and it charges two controllers at once. Basically, for a household in which I am one of two video game loving children but only one cable charger, this product is a little miracle. "You could've just gotten a second cable charger," you might be thinking to yourself. And you wouldn't be wrong; we could've gotten another cable charger. But another cable charger wouldn't light up, or charge two controllers simultaneously, now would it? This is the much cooler option.
The reason I'm only giving it four stars though is because it can be very sensitive. You have to have the controllers plugged in just right or they won't charge. That's alright though. Nothing is perfect.
on March 17, 2014
When I was looking for a decently priced dock for my PS3 controllers, I was looking for something that worked and wasn't overly expensive for what is essentially a charger.

I found this, but was almost not going to purchase this based solely on some of the reviews although the price was just right. Too many times a product is out there and the poor reviews are justified. In this case, the bad reviews simply are not.

I've had this now for about 2 months and I have absolutely no problems with it. It does what it's supposed to do - which is to charge your two PS3 controls.

As far as "not being able to see the lights on the controls" - I can see the red lights on the controls just fine and I'm sure people with eyeballs can see the same. It's a charger and the port is on the same side as the lights are, so what are you possibly expecting here?

The "blue light' issue - not an issue at all. It's nice to know the thing is on and working. Besides, the blue light on this charging station is just fine for this product - and I don't mind the look at all.

And as far as the price goes - perfect. Those chargers that are $40+ are too high for something of this nature.

Bottom line - and ideal charger for an ideal price that works. Can't beat that.

*******Update 2-2016 - guess what, this STILL works 2 years later. Not sure what others do to their charging stand, but I have had no issues with this. It works and for the price, I way more got my money's worth. Recommended.
on January 17, 2016
I've been using mine and it works fine. No problems whatsoever. I had to supply my own USB cable but I have those already. I like that I can charge without having to plug into a computer. I'm using a powerstrip with USB ports. Charging is reasonably quick. I wouldn't leave my controllers on the charger any longer then they need to be to charge (just in case) and I would recommend being somewhat gentle with it. (don't try and force the controller onto the charger...they will slide onto the connector easy when it's at the right angle and lined up...so be gentle!) So for the price, it's a good deal and does the job.