Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Train Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 28, 2014
If you need a controller charger this is a great find. Yes there are others that stack better but you can't beat this unit for the price. The blue light strip that goes around the unit is what really puts this thing over (imo). The silver rails put the controller at the right angle to connect the controllers USB port so make sure the bottom is against the rail before connecting and it plugs right in. I can connect it without looking at the port most times.

Comes with USB cable but no power outlet connector so you will need to get one to get power from the wall otherwise just plug it into the console. We use a USB power adapter to keep it on all the time for charging when the PS3 is off.

Very happy with this unit.
on December 8, 2012
The reason why this product deserves only 2/5 stars is that It was all plastic, even the "plastic chrome". I bought this as a gift for a family member because it was ranked 4/5 stars at the time, with very little complaints for a descent price too! But like the saying goes you get what you pay for. I just kept it for myself because it still works but it is not worthy of a "gift" item.

Pros
+Blue Lights Look Great
+Connects With ease

Cons
-Cheap, Super Cheaply Made.
-Broken Arm Bars that hold Controller
-Rattling Sound inside (If you reserve one with a broken arm bar)

Wishes: It was made of more durable plastic, or even some type of thin pressed metal.
on October 27, 2012
Not much to say, just a basic dual PS3 controller charging station. Works great for charging my 2 PS3 controllers at the same time, blue LED is a nice touch as well. It would have been nice if it came with the USB cord you need to connect to your PS3, but I already had one. If you have the USB charging cord that came with your PS3, then you're all set, just plug it into the charging station and you're all ready charge.
review image
on April 6, 2017
It has LED indicators of the charging level which is a really nice touch. The problem is that there is no way to turn them off or the charger itself without disconnecting the cord/power source. That means if you connect it to your PS3, it needs to be on. Same for any TV sets. If you want them off, unplug it. Looks great as a centerpiece though if you're a person who likes gadgets. Other than that, just slide your controllers in and they fit fine.
on March 1, 2017
We love the quality of this docking station, it is very easy to attach the controllers onto, this was bought as a gift at Christmas and my son loves it.
review image
on February 25, 2014
I bought this (yes, for the price) and to charge two controllers.
I have had it plugged into a port where the TV is so when the TV is on, it will charge the controllers.
well, I don;t know why but my controllers cannot get past 'one out of the four for complete charge.

I don't know why either.
it appears that it is charging with flashy lights and blinking dances.
but both of them are stuck at one.

is it something I am doing???

seems pointless to return it as I won't get much after they charge for shipping it back.

well 'one' seems to get me to play several hours so .. yeah

I would spend a little more to get the complete charge from a charger that actually works
on July 18, 2015
This works best if you connect it to a wall outlet using a 5v power supply like many phone chargers come with.

If you plug it into the PS3, the controllers don't charge when the system is off. When plugged into a wall, they are always charged.

Once you get into the habit of using the base (instead of leaving the controllers lying around), it's great to have your controllers always ready to go.

Only thing keeping me from 5 stars is the plug can be hard to align, you gotta get it dead-on to plug it in.
on May 11, 2015
We Love this product!! We keep out playstation locked in the tv stand so our toddler can't get to it. We daily watch Netflix on the Playstation and this allows us to keep the controllers out and fully charged so we don't have to constantly open the child locks or have multiple wires hanging out. It takes 2 seconds to put the controller on. I would recommend this!!!
on July 26, 2016
You cannot just plug a micro USB into a PS3 controller and charge it, there has to be an electronic handshake of some kind which tells the controller to accept the charge. This unit is able to make that handshake. It it very convenient. I keep it next to my chair and plug in the controller when I'm finished with it. There is a blue light around the bottom that is on ALL THE TIME and turns red when a controller is charging. The red light turns off when the controller is charged. This light doesn't bother me, but if you're looking for something less conspicuous than you might consider a different unit or find a way to cover the light.
review image review image
on August 31, 2017
Great product! Charges both PS3 controllers without any issues. I like that the base changes color from red to blue when each controller is finished charging so it gives you a visual indicator. The left and right side have separate lights so one may be blue and one may be red indicating which controller is fully charged and which controller is still charging.