- Brand Name: eForCity
- Model Number: DOTHDCACAD01
eForCity DOTHDCACAD01 Universal DC to AC Outlet Converter Adapter [US Plug] (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Converting DC power outlet into an AC power outlet (with DC power) for some small electronic appliances. Just plug this inverter in to any 12 Volt DC power outlet, like those found in a car, RV or boat, converts it to a regular DC wall plug
- An intelligent sensor checks with the output/input compatibility with your electronic device. When the LED lights up, that means the converter can power the device. If the LED light does not illuminate, disconnect the electronic device from the converter.
- Input: DC 12V / 500mA. Output: DC 100V-240V. Max Output Power: 5W
- Compatible with: Small electronic Appliance: Cell phone chargers, MP3 chargers, PDA chargers, GPS chargers, Mini Speakers, Bluetooth chargers, Digital Photo frames, Camera chargers, map lights, etc.
- NOTE: Not for large electronics like Laptop computers, , DVD players, Printers, etc.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Another caution: I could not fit it in the outlet in my dash because it was too wide. Fortunately, I have a 2nd DC outlet. It fit there but as I said, it did not work. It was so inexpensive I did not bother returning the product.
Eforcity Universal DC to AC Car Adapter [US Plug]
product has somewhat misleadign technical description.
The product name "Universal DC to AC Car Adapter" would indicate that the output of this device would be standard USA mains AC (or pretty close to it) that would work with different small appliances.
The truth is that the output from this device is not AC power at all!
This device outputs DC instead of AC. So term "Universal DC to AC Car Adapter" is pretty misleading. The product itself even lists that the output is 110-220V DC. And I have verified with multimeter that the output is really around 150V DC when no load is connected, not AC.
This kind of DC output would possibly work with some (maybe not all) low power switch mode power supply based chargers etc.. But this device will NOT work with any charger or other equipment that uses a traditional mains transformer in their power supply.
Other things missing on the equipment and specifications is that there is no information what is the power rating of this device, so you don't know how big load can be connected to this device safely without overloading it.
So the description "Universal DC to AC Car Adapter" is misleading.
This device is a low power car DC to DC converter that generates DC that might work with some normally mains powered equipment, but but will for sure fail on most equipment! (maybe even damage equipment).
The only good this on this converter is that it is very cheap (6.95). Considerable cheaper than any other similar looking device.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
If I could give a zero I would. It does not charge anything and make my radio sound like I'm in an airplane mixed with scratching a chalkboard.....😑Published 11 days ago by Amazon Customer
The attachment is very bad.
It is unstable and in danger dropping the team.
I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT.
Great invention! works great for using the lap top while driving. The passenger uses obviously.Published 7 months ago by Lindsey Ondak