Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 823 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 882 reviews
on January 26, 2014
I purchased the cable to connect a blu ray player to an older big screen tv. I was wary of the product when I first opened it since the materials used to make the wires seemed a bit on the cheap side. Plugged it in and as expected, No picture no sound. Tried to connect it to a newer tv and same deal. Nothing.
Requested to send it back but the cost to send back would equal what I paid for it. Either way, I'd be out the same amount. kind of a waste.
It's probably what the seller was hoping for. I won't buy from them again.
on December 15, 2012
These cables are almost exactly what I was looking for. We ran BlueRigger HDMI Cable (35 feet) - CL3 Rated for In-wall Installation- supports 3D and Audio Return [Latest HDMI version] in the wall from closet where the cable box and DVD player are located to the corner of the room where the the armoire cabinet that holds the LCD TV (which fits perfectly in the cabinet) was located. The problem we ran into was the TV is a little dated and only has composite video (RGB) inputs. I installed two of these cables using $2 female/female couplers (one at at each end of the HDMI cable) and the picture and sound are great. I'm ordering two more sets to connect the DVD player.

I only rated it 4 stars because I needed the PTC Premium GOLD Series HDMI Female/Female Coupler and because I ordered it on November 26th and it didn't show up until December 14th.

BEWARE this cable will NOT convert a digital HDMI signal to analog composite video. It is just cabling, you need an adapter box like ViewHD Universal HDMI to Composite / AV Video Converter, Support PAL / NTSC Standard TVs to perform that job. It would be less confusing to people if this cable came with a female HDMI connection on one end and composite video on the other.
on January 8, 2016
This cable only provides analog to analog, or digital to digital signals!!!! If you're looking to go from Analog Component to Digital HDMI connection, or from Digital HDMI to Analog Component connection, this cable alone will not work. You'll still need a analog to digital video converter, or an digital to analog video converter in order to use it. They don't mention that in the ad. It still sits in the draw.
on May 20, 2015
It may work for some but not for me. It took almost 8 weeks to arrive and only not to work. Didn't send it back or request a refund, not worth the time. I have an older flat screen, from 2006 and the HDMI port doesn't work. My goal here was to add a chromecast or fire tv stick using this cable but it doesn't work.
on February 17, 2014
If you don't want to let go of perectly good working creaky old stuff, this could be your cable.

Be advised:
Read up on the AV device's RCA plug specs.
Also, review the pinout for the HDMI cable.
Make sure you get the right stuff plugged into the right holes.

That is what the HDMI cables were supposed to fix.
They were supposed to eliminate some of the human error in getting AV equipment patched together

Also, EforCity does a good job at keeping their costs down.
The price was quite cost effective.
This is reflected in shipping duration.
I assume that some form of animal migration is involved and/or the USPS.
Don't expect to see it any time soon.
and,
Don't expect tracking information.
It will arrive.
on February 17, 2014
The cable will not work with your every day HDMI unit. One needs to read the description carefully.
Both units must support signal conversion or the cable is worthless & most HDMI units & TV's donot. I just threw a few bucks away, live & learn!

A very good quote from a pretty knowledgeable person.

"LET ME REPEAT THIS FOR THE NON-TECH-SAVVY: THIS CABLE WILL *NOT* WORK WITH HDMI DEVICES THAT ARE NOT *SPECIFICALLY* DESIGNED TO OUTPUT ANALOG SIGNALS, AND THESE DEVICES ARE VERY RARE. IF YOUR MANUAL DOES NOT *SPECIFICALLY* SAY HDMI ANALOG OUTPUT, THEN IT *WILL NOT WORK*!!!"

Mfg decription: "If both input / output device do not support signal conversion, a signal conversion box is required"
on July 21, 2014
The shipping, price & physical product itself are fine. I would give it a better rating if I could get my TV & Roku streaming devices to work with this. I'm using a digital connector to HDMI connector from my TV to my Roku, which works fine & was hoping I could get a picture quality improvement with this component to HDMI connector, but have not got it to work yet. But this is not to say there is anything wrong with this product. And I will improve the rating should I get it to work with the TV & the Roku devices.
on August 2, 2017
Excellent product. Very happy. Would buy again. Thank you.
on December 27, 2014
It doesn't work for my 10-year-old TV... I decided to keep the cable, but I can't use it for anything I own. I had been looking for something to connect my TV to a blue-ray player, but with this cable, I don't get either sound or video. I don't know whether it's just my TV (which is an older large-screen "HD-ready" TV that doesn't have an HD connector, but instead has the 5 plugs shown in the photo) or what... the owners were very kind and said I could keep the cable and get a refund on my $6, but I decided to just keep the cable and not worry about the refund.
on April 24, 2014
I bought this product to hook up the TV I moved from my Living room to the master bedroom. I needed this cable because the cable box in the master bedroom did not have the composite output needed to connect to the TV. I hook it up, plugged it in and turned on TV and no picture. I figure It was a bad cable so I returned it for another one. Once received, I tried it too, and no picture. So to verify it was not the cable box or the TV I connecting them individually to other devices with other cables where I got a picture. HMDI to HMDI worked, composite to composite works, this HMDI to composite doesn't.