Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon toystl17_gno

Color: LP-E5 Battery Charger|Change

Showing 1-10 of 222 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 235 reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 9, 2015
My husband's Canon Rebel T1i charger died and he went online looking for another one. He found one on here for more than I thought we should spend. I found this one and he was leery. He needed it to work and had a trip coming up so there wasn't time to spare if it didn't. I took a chance and ordered this charger and it worked just fine. He has since used it several times with no issues. It does feel a little cheaply made and I suspect that my husband will invest in a heavier duty one but, at this point, even though this charger was inexpensive and feels lightweight, it charges just fine in about the same amount of time as our old pricier charger did. If nothing else, this makes a good back up charger. I think we only paid $6.00 for it at the time and we definitely got our money's worth out of it even if it dies tomorrow.
on May 19, 2013
I have been messing with this charger for 20 minutes. An LP-E5 does NOT fit into this charger. It looks just like the picture which didn't look like the right charger but for a couple bucks and the great ratings, I figured it must somehow work and was worth a try. It will cost me more in shipping then I paid for it to return it so I guess I have to chalk it up to a lesson learned.

If someone knows something I don't, I'll be glad to change my star rating.
on January 26, 2015
I use this for one of our cameras at work, and it's hit or miss as far as charging our SLR goes. Usually it charges it and we don't have issues, but I'm giving this four stars because it has a small charging problem. I was going to give it three stars, but due to the low price of this particular model kept it at four (keep in mind you're getting what you pay for.)

The charger's construction is normal - it looks and feels just like any other charger - and doesn't feel cheap. When you unplug the charger from the power source, however, the green light (that glows to indicate the charger's getting juice) stays on. When a coworker of mine left the battery pack in the charger after unplugging it from the source, after a few hours the battery was dead again. We've now learned to detach the battery from the charger immediately after removing it from an outlet.

Again, as inexpensive as this charger is, there's bound to be some quirks in how it operates. In the end, it does charge the camera... which is its intended purpose.
on February 4, 2013
Sometimes you get what you pay for. This was only a $5 purchase to replace an original Canon battery charger. It arrived on time and seemed to work for the first charge. I do not use my camera very often, and so it was not until several months later that I realized that the charger light was not coming on and it would not charge either the included replacement battery or my original battery. I contacted the company for a refund and was told they only had a 90 day warranty and would not exchange or refund my purchase.

I went back to Amazon and purchased the actual Canon LC-E5 battery charger for about $40 and expect it will work for a long time. I will never purchase anything from eForCity again.
on March 20, 2017
Does its job, charges quickly. I bought the camera off a friend who didnt have the charger and for the price it was the perfect solution. You can check if its compatible by looking at your battery, it should say it on there.
on June 17, 2015
Worked great. Ordered after a couple days of not being able to find my original charger. Battery plugged right in, charged right up, no problem. Eventually found the original charger, but very handy to have a spare, especially at the price.
on May 23, 2014
You pay for what you get but overall it works. It fits my battery for my canon rebel xs real good. I would have given it 5 stars if it didn't drain my battery the second time I used it. It charged my battery completely on the first use, then after using it a couple of days I placed my battery in the charger and it totally drained all the juice out of my battery.
on July 21, 2016
This is a very good replacement charger for Canon camera batteries. It works well with OEM batteries and replacement batteries, charging them fully with no problems. It is a very affordable replacement for the original charger, and I highly recommend it. Since it's from Amazon itself, you receive it in a couple of days instead of waiting for far longer from other retailers. If you need a charger, this is the one to get!
on November 26, 2010
My daughter misplaced her Canon EOS Rebel T1 digital camera battery charger, so after looking at a few options on Amazon I elected to go with this unit because it looked compact, appeared to be the right choice, and was very inexpensive compared with some other options. At a minimum, if it hadn't worked out it would not have been a costly mistake. As it is, it works perfectly.
on July 29, 2016
Works just fine and definitely does fit a LP-E5 battery.
review image