Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 21, 2012
I recieved a Nook Color for my birthday and needed a reliable case. I saw the price and added it to my cart because it was so cheap! I figured what the heck? I recieved it and was quite surprised with the quality. Of course it isnt real leather, but it doesnt feel like plastic at all! The sleeve fits and secures my Nook perfectly, so no worries there. However it does have a flaw. There is no cut out for the speakers in the back. I have to either pull it out or use headphones to watch movies and such. So if you use a lot of audio and dont like using headphones, this would be no good for you. Also, when I opened the product, the smell was horrid and really strong; like plastic and dye, but I aired it out for a few days and it went away. Overall, for the price, this is absolutely a great buy.
11 comment| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 31, 2013
I wasn't looking for a new case for my NOOK, but I liked the look of this and bought it. I'm so glad I did! The easel function is great! You can use the easel in either portrait or landscape edition. I like to put it to the side of me when I'm having breakfast so I can read the news while having my coffee. I also find it helpful when I'm trying to read directions. For example, I recently started using Evernote. I had a book on my Nook that explained how to do certain things with the program. So I had my NOOK set on the easel next to my laptop so I could read the instructions while carrying out the actions on my laptop. It worked great!
on September 28, 2012
I love the idea, just not executed well. The notches for the stand aren't deep enough(it slips out of the notches waaay too easily) nor are there enough of them. I can't get this to stand my Nook up high enough. The design is wobbly, especially if I'm propping this on my stomach while reading in bed. Also the fact that my Nook can slip out of the top very easily bothers me, nothing is there to hold it in place when it's open. (I remedied this with 3 pieces of duct tape)

Again, I appreciate the idea behind this but it could use a lot of tweaking. Update it & it would be great. Right now it's merely ok.
on March 18, 2012
Purchased this case in January 2012. It is now mid March and the straps that hold the case open when reading without the stand and closed when the Nook is not in use are already tearing at the seams. This is a shame as the case is a reasonable functional design at a very good price. But given the failure of the straps, I cannot recommend it.
on August 29, 2014
It's a flimsy, somewhat cheap case. The straps broke after a few weeks of wear-and yes, they were flipped back and forth a lot. Three people used the Nook on a daily basis. If you won't be using it that often, it will work fine until you can afford something better.

I wish it stood up a little higher, but the kickstand worked fine.
on March 28, 2015
One of the main reasons I went with this Nook cover was because of the "kickstand" feature. I really like it. It works well. I've had no problems with it. From previous reviews I was concerned about this cover having a chemical smell, but mine didn't.
on December 27, 2014
Fits great and works as advertised - only problem is when the tablet is in the case(which it usually is) I cannot charge it, because the oddly shaped end of the charging wire will not fit through the holes in the case. The holes in the case need to be just a little wider.
on February 10, 2013
When I first received this I really liked it. I have had it for about a month and a half now, and I have (over the last couple of days) been force to go back to my old case. I use my NOOK frequently and this did not stand up to the level of use I needed for it to. II am not sure if it is poor craftsmanship or poor materials, but either way, it was a dud.
on January 10, 2013
l've had this les than a month, and so far, it works perfectly. The ridges on the bottom pad against which the stand rests aren't very pronounced, however, so I suspect that with long-term use, they might not support the weight of the Nook as effectively. But for less than $7, I'm sure I'll get more than my money's worth out of this. :)
on September 9, 2012
Unbelievably cheap price, but with a minor consequence. The item is not made of leather as stated in the add. Probably a plastic material. The item is light, flexible, and works well as a case/stand. However, after 2 months of use, the center plastic flaps began to "split" one flap of two). The item still works with the minor flaw.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question