Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only: $49.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on April 8, 2011
I bought this battery as an extra for my Kodak Zi8 pocket camcorder which came with a Kodak KLIC-7004 battery, 1000mAh, made in Japan. I tested both batteries twice with the camera recording at wide angle on a tripod at 720p/30fps, EIS stabilization off, LCD at medium brightness and no zooming.

The Kodak battery lasted for 103 minutes (1:43) and for 101 minutes (1:41) on the second test. This "Superior Quality" off-brand battery which shows 1300mAh (don't you believe it!) and no country of origin on the battery or box lasted for 77 minutes (1:17) and 73 minutes (1:13) on the second test. That's an average of about 73.5% full charge capacity of the off-brand battery versus the Kodak battery. The price of the bargain battery was very nice but the performance was quite sub-par. We'll see if it lasts very long (I have some doubts).

BTW, I got an amazing total of 339 minutes (5:39) of video from a SanDisk Ultra 15MB/s SDHC 8GB card at this recording level on the Kodak Zi8. Normal type recordings of course would take more memory card space but I was still impressed. I generally LOVE the Kodak Zi8, especially for the closeout price. The one big exception is that the EIS stabilization is mediocre (some noticeable shake handheld even w/EIS on). The lens angle at 1080p is equivalent to about 60mm on a 35mm camera (not wide at all, OK for tight shots w/superb resolution). The lens angle at 720p and WVGA about 45mm (much better but still not great). Consequently I shoot mainly in 720P or even WVGA for non-critical video. The 720P video quality is excellent when using a mini or full size tripod (very important for no shake). An add-on wide angle/macro lens is available for a great price. Very nice pocket video camera! More later in a full review.
on December 26, 2014
Replaces my GT Max bought over a year ago. Battery is made by Fosman 3.7v @1400 mah. Couldn't ask for anything more. Will give you a update in the future as to how long it lasts. For now, super deal.
on May 17, 2011
I recorded the wall at 720p/60 with EIS and Face Detection ON and got 1:47:24 on the 1000mah OEM battery. With these on the same settings, I only got 1:06:39 even though it says 1300mah. As backups, you can't beat it for the price. But don't let the price cloud your judgement on the product. These last almost half as long as the OEM and is rated 300mah higher.
on December 4, 2010
It is better than the Kodak OEM that came with my ZX3 Playsport. The battery indicator did not drop down from full to the next level down as fast with this battery than with the Kodak OEM. Probably because the Kodak battery simply had less "mah". These batteries came with about 1/2 to 3/4 charge already on them too. They fit fine in the camera. The best thing is it's 1400mah vs Kodaks 950/1000 or so. Even better is the price. TWO for under $7 including shipping! Since the Playsport vid cam uses a lot of power you need backups.
on September 15, 2015
Great batteries for my camera. Nice price and effective.
on November 10, 2013
The batteries are 1400mah which is more than the original battery. I have charged them both up and they work great in my Fuji F850. Great Batteries!!
on March 12, 2015
They charge, hold their charge, last long and are easily recharged.
on April 5, 2011
I do a lot of video recording and one of my worst fears is a drained battery especially when I want to capture something special, and so I went ahead and 2 of these along with an actual Kodak battery for my Zi8. I honestly want to say that these perform the same if not better then the kodak battery. Great value, holds the charge really well and for the price, you can't go wrong. I have a total of 4 batteries now and do recommend these to anyone looking for really good back ups at a great price.
on December 30, 2013
I found these batteries to have less run time than an original, but still sufficient to be a good value. Probably about 75 to 80% of the supplied battery, which for me and I suspect others, make the set a good value.
on February 11, 2011
Got two (multi pack 2) for my Kodak Playsport ZX3 at a fraction of what a Kodak brand battery would have cost. Bought them for a trip I'm taking and don't want to have to worry about having a charged battery available. I charged one up, popped it in the camera. With light use over the past couple of weeks, a couple of videos and some pictures, the battery is still at 50% charge. Shipping was quick, the price is phenomenal...very pleased overall. Definite recommend for the product and seller.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.