Industrial Deals HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on August 4, 2015
Was hopeful that these would work well, but should've known better. They're only marginally comfortable (ear pieces don't cover entire ear and start to get sore after a little while) but they're lightweight and have decent sound quality. They only lasted about 3 weeks before the cord separated and now they don't work at all. Super bummed! It's possible you could reinforce any weak areas before use, but there's no guarantee that would make any difference.
review image
on September 29, 2016
Great headset, even better price. I think I paid like 6 bucks for these things lol. I got so tired of wasting 15 bucks twice a year on the microsoft brand headset and said screw it! I'm only gonna buy a cheap headset from now on.Turns out this headset is WAY better than the microsoft brand headset that comes with the xbox. It sounds better, the mic is more clear. For some reason the plastic part of the connector is just a bit thicker than it needs to be (seems to be a common theme for a few people) so taking a nail file and trimming the top part of the plastic just a little bit will fix that problem quickly. Only do that if yours seems to not connect properly though. Other than the the only complaint I could see would be that the headset does fit fairly snug on your head. So if you have a larger head this headset might feel a bit too tight. Could probably fix that overnight by leaving it wrapped around the arm of your chair or couch. I haven't had any issue like that with the headset. Overall i've had the headset for far longer than 6 months now so it's already far outlasted the standard microsoft brand headsets i've been buying for the last 5 years. If anything that alone makes it worth the 6 bucks I paid!
Top Contributor: Watcheson January 26, 2016
Update: Since receiving them in December of 2015 my son has been using them successfully until today, 2/07/16, when the headphones stopped working altogether - mic and speakers. $10 for two months of use, awful....I know, you get what you pay for, but I expected them to last longer than two months! Avoid! Spend an extra 10 to 20 bucks for a better set.

(My son has used this exclusively and was interviewed as to its quality (he's 12). As far as I can see the connection is firm between the controller and plug in, quality of sound in and out is superior (awesome in his words), they're comfortable and the adjustments are easily made. Mute is effective and integrates flawlessly with wired and wireless controllers. It arrived on time, as described by Amazon & manufacturer, the packaging was undamaged, and the product itself was unmolested and made with quality materials.)
on June 11, 2015
I am not pleased with these headphones at all. I ordered them for my son for his xbox. They worked as they were supposed to for the first month and then my son noticed they would short a bit. Now, less than two months in they have completely stopped working. No pulling, no tugging was done to them. My son is older and takes care of his things. We brought them out to the kitchen and opened them up to determine the issue. When opened we noticed the wires inside had come apart. They were only connected with masking tape???? I've seen them done with electrical tape or solder, never this way. Extremely bad construction. Poor quality. I only gave them 2 stars because they did sound clear until then.
on August 26, 2015
We received the headphones right on time. However the did come in a white box so not in the original package. Other than that the headphones work great! They are quality headphones and at $10 I think we got a great price. My son uses these to play his Xbox Live with friends. He says that they have good quality as far as the sound goes. He can hear the other players clearly and they can hear him through the mic. The headphones aren't too big or too small I say they are the perfect size for a person with a smaller to medium head. I'm not sure how they would feel on a person who has a larger head, they might be a little snug. Other than that we found no problems or issues with these headphones. They work great and come at a great price.
on January 20, 2013
Well, it is what it is - a $5 headset.
Keep in mind, this is NOT a $100 pair; it does NOT transmit any game music or sound effects through it. ONLY player chat!!
So whereas you can hear and be heard by other players while you use this mic, you will still need to have your TV audio turned up - perhaps a tad more than usual, since now you have a barrier over your ears - to hear all of the goings-on of the game.

But that being said... it's $5.
Great buy for the price, if you are short on cash and just want to hurry up and get the capability of teamchat in some online gaming. CAN'T COMPLAIN, going into this purchase with that in mind.

The connection to the controller is one of the best setups I've seen - perfect fit (though a reassuring snapping 'click' to hold it in place would be nice... but unless you're really getting physically worked up while playing, you should be A-Ok). The volume control, mute, on/off buttons are Very intuitively placed and easily accessible without taking away from other controls while playing.

Pretty comfortable and lightweight; doesn't squeeze too tightly.
Though after an hour or two of playing, yeah - you'll get a little sense of that compressed-earlobe feel for a minute or two. I've felt much worse though, from much more expensive pairs.

One con to note:
Though it's sensitivity and clarity is great while I have the TV on average-to-low volume (usual)... occasionally when no one else is home, I like to turn the volume of the TV up a little more so I can hear more sound effects - like footsteps, which in first-person multiplayer, can Really help your game. When I do, I have been told that my mic is picking up the background sound of the game coming from my TV, too - which from my own experiences, can be Really annoying to other gamers, because it's practically constant [delayed] background noise from someone else's gaming experience, while you're trying to focus on your own.

But all-in-all.... it's FIVE BUCKS.
If you're not looking for Bose-quality surround sound audio, and understand that this is a low-budget, chat-only headset.... you'll be easily impressed with this mic.
I debated giving it five stars, simply because of the super-cheap price. But... eh. I think four is quite fair though.
on March 8, 2016
A lot cheaper than the official Xbox or brand name headset mics you can buy. Cheap enough to buy a couple, which I did, in case once breaks. Be aware though, that this type of model does not offer ingame sound through the headset, only voice. The game sounds will still come out of whatever output your TV uses, so this is not a solution if you don't want to hear your kids game anymore. If you want a headset that plays both voice and gameplay sounds at once, you'll have to look elsewhere.
on February 2, 2015
Got 3 sets. All three work great. The cushions on the ears are comfortable and soft. The volume is adjustable. Great deal.

Contemporary playdates (for kids) these days apparently include Xbox 360, Minecraft, and either yelling at the console to communicate with the player at another house, or sending annoying slow incomplete text messages OR...and this is the choice these headsets provide...easy, quiet, communication. So let your kids learn how to communicate via headset. It's not like they will learn how to talk on the phone any time soon. Give them a shot at passing their first interview, working as a team, working on a project, collaboration, overcoming obstacles, etc etc...

It's cheap enough, and it works. Just get it. Or better get 2, because there inevitably will be a family who will not buy one for their kids, and their kid will happen to be your kid's best friend.
on February 20, 2017
Microphone doesn't work too well, neither do the headphones. Sound quality is subpar. I bought it because it was cheap, but should have just spent a few more dollars for something that will work or looks good.
on July 16, 2015
I definitely have to give this headset 5 stars based on the overall quality for price paid. I have always bought the high end headsets for my son and they always ended up broken so I decided to go for a cheaper pair and give it a go. I am extremely pleased with the durable design and the sound quality of the headset. The microphone works great for him to interact online while gaming on his Xbox 360. The headset provides much comfort as well for endless hours of gaming with padded ears. I definitely recommend these to anyone in the market for a set and not wanting to waste paying the high cost for other brands that always end up broken a few months later.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse