Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
EarMaster Pro 6
|Price:||$59.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Ear training for all musicians - EarMaster Pro 6 will challenge all trained and untrained ears! It is for all vocalists and musicians playing guitar, piano, bass, drums, flute or any other instrument!
- A complete package for ear training and sight-singing - EarMaster Pro 6 includes exercises in identifying intervals, chords, chord inversions, chord progressions, scales and modes
- Your own personal teacher - EarMaster Pro 6 includes two advanced courses with over 2000 lessons that will guide you and increase the level of complexity as you improve your musical skills
- Ear training with EarMaster Pro 6 will help you: Memorize songs faster, play and sing music exactly as you hear it, read sheet music and hear it "in your head" instantly, perform with confidence in any musical situation & understand music at a deeper level
- Easy to use for beginners - EarMaster Pro 6 is very suitable for beginners. It is intuitive and has a user-friendly interface. Even kids can use it! The program starts with an ear training wizard that will explain the exercises and training modes for you
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Platform: PC/Mac Disc
From the Manufacturer
EarMaster Pro 6
Over 2,000 Lessons!
EarMaster 6 Professional includes two advanced courses with over 2,000 lessons that will guide you and increase the level of complexity as you improve your musical skills. The Standard course has lessons ranging from beginners to advanced users. The Jazz course has lessons with swing rhythms and jazz chords! You can take a lesson again and again, because it will change every time you take it!
EarMaster ear training will help you:
- Memorize songs faster
- Play and sing music exactly as you hear it
- Read sheet music and "hear it in your head" instantly
- Perform with confidence in any musical situation
- Understand music at a deeper level
14 Activity Areas
EarMaster 6 Professional includes exercises in identifying intervals, chords, chord inversions, chord progressions, scales, and modes. You will also find exercises in transcribing melodies and rhythms and in sight-reading or imitation of rhythms. The broad range of exercise areas covers all your training needs for pitch, harmonies, and rhythms! Used together, all of the activities included in EarMaster 6 Professional will help you enhance your musicality and improve your playing!
- Melodic Sight-Singing
- Melody Imitation
- Over 2,000 new lessons
- New streamlined interface
- New notation engine featuring 2 types of notation: standard and jazz (Real Book style)
- New vocal range setting that adapts the lessons to the user’s vocal range
- Addition of a Solfege keyboard in addition to the existing on-screen interfaces (staff, piano, guitar, banjo, violin, cello, mandolin, multiple-choice buttons, etc.).
- Database of melodies and lead sheets for sight-singing and melody imitation [preview of next update]
- New pitch detection algorithm provided by Mu Technologies
- New sound playback engine with possibility to load SoundFonts (sf2)
- Revised questioning engine that adapts to the user’s answers
- New fingerboard interface with 2 options: Rosewood and Maple
- And hundreds of other improvements!
Detailed Statistics on your Progress
You can monitor your progress by viewing the detailed statistics about your performance! Has your ear improved at identifying the minor 7th chord? What progress have you made in the past two weeks? Are you answering faster? How much time did you spend on ear training during the past month? EarMaster will provide all this information for you!
Do you need to pass an ear training exam in a near future? EarMaster 6 Professional allows you to test yourself at home in similar conditions as an actual ear training exam! This is exactly why EarMaster is so commonly found in the computer labs of the leading music schools and conservatories around the world. Any lesson or customized exercise can be turned into a strict and merciless test! Did you miss identifying the chord? Too bad, because I will not play it again! And I need your answer in 10 seconds!
Top Customer Reviews
For example, you can set EarMaster up to play a series of pitches (as few or as many as you want, in any key you want, in any mix of note values you want, and at any tempo you want), then you try and duplicate what you just heard by your choice of placing notes on the on screen staff, clicking the notes on the on screen keyboard, singing the notes into a microphone, or playing the notes on a connected midi keyboard. You can play the example as many times as you want before submitting your answer for evaluation. Pretty flexible and pretty cool.
It definitely will help you to develop a better sense of reading and playing rhythms, and how pitches relate to eachother if you work with it consistently.
If you are looking for extensive guidance here, you may be frustrated. To me this program is more about drills and exercises than "lessons" - It's a fantastic supplement to your musical studies, not a one stop solution. If you are looking for something that has similar drills but more in the way of "educational" features, then you should check out Pratica Musica. Pratica Musica is over double the cost of EarMaster, but it does contain more tutorial material. Even though Practica Musica has been around far longer than Earmaster, its interface hasn't changed much over the years - EarMaster has a much more intuitive GUI, in my opinion.
If you want to test EarMaster out before buying, there is a 7 day trial download available on the EarMaster website (as far as I can tell, there is no free trial for Practica Musica).
I play bass guitar and sing backup vocals for a four piece band. I've been playing with this crew for about two months now. I noticed that while I practice and play great by myself, I lost some of my sound and vibrancy playing with the rest of my crew. More practice wasn't doing it, so I purchased this software to help me get into harmony with my fellow band mates.
OK, so using this software is a bit like drinking from the fire hose. It's packed with over 2000 lessons, and they're not trivial. Plan on spending at least a couple of hundred hours going through all of this. The software covers four sections: Intervals, Chords, Rhythm, and Melodies. I have some particular difficulties with dictations, so I created my own custom exercises with this program. Also, their support was responsive to my questions.
What's really cool is, now, when I hear a killer riff on the radio, I can detect the key of the song, and better rememberize its components to compose my own interpretation. I've also composed some new jazz pieces, based upon what I've learned from EarMaster. When I play with my band, I now have better timing, and I'm consistently in tune. With this software, you will become a better musician.
I have an odd ear. Maybe many people do. I can hear a note that is out of place in a song, but I never could play by ear. Pity.
I am training on interval and chord idenification now. The demo was OK, but the real software is VERY nice.
I AM going to change how my ear works - actually doesn't work - in this lifetime,
I study at a music conservatory near NYC, and this program compliments my course work so nicely. It is nice to enjoy my first cup of coffee in the morning while doing my 15 minutes a day of EarMaster. If you put the time and effort into this program, it really will improve your musical ear!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
no serial number provided. Can't install. Have dealt with 4 different entities so far and still no serial number.Published 4 months ago by Deborah Ohlsen
This is a must have product for the guitarist. It has enabled me to train my ear over 10 times faster than when I was trying to do it on my own. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
Not for begineers. Requires internet for authorization.
Could be helpful for some, but this is definitely not for everyone.
It arrived quickly. When I tried to used it, I was bothered by being required to activate since my Internet connection is pretty poor and sometimes these things time out before... Read morePublished 12 months ago by M. Steane
I am a music student who has had such a hard time with Aural Skills tears,anger,tutoring this program is the perfect tool for practicing concepts outside of the classroom!! Read morePublished 13 months ago by Elizabeth Burnett
This is an awesome product. It lets you tailor the difficulty to your level. It has a really wide variety of different exercises to work on. It just all around rocks! Read morePublished 13 months ago by Mistlet0e