- Product Dimensions: 7.5 x 1.8 x 5.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 8 ounces
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- ASIN: B000VPPUA4
- Item model number: EG12099
- Date first available at Amazon.com: September 6, 2007
- Average Customer Review: 7 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #8,821 in Software (See Top 100 in Software) Manufacturer’s warranty can be requested from customer service. Click here to make a request to customer service.
- Discontinued by manufacturer: Yes
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.99 shipping
eMedia My Electric Guitar [Old Version]
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Full-motion videos guide kids through songs and playing techniques
- Animated fretboard shows correct fingerings as the music plays
- Automatic tuner allows you to play into your computer's microphone to tune your guitar
- Sections of songs can be sped up or slowed down, so kids can learn at their own pace
- Additional accessories include a chord dictionary, metronome, and digital recorder
There is a newer version of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Interactive guitar lessons for children 9+. Teaches chords, riffs, and songs as the animated Rocky the Rock Guitar guides children through the lessons.
Top Customer Reviews
I got this for my eight year old son. I like the animated fret board, which my son is able to easily follow. There's a few other tools, like a tuner and metronome, to help along. My son really likes playing the guitar games in the package.
What this software does very well is making learning the guitar fun. Really, there's a lot of different options for teaching kids how to play electric guitar, but if learning guitar isn't entertaining, then it's work, and your kid will quickly give up. After making the purchase of my son's electric guitar, this software made it easy for him to keep up his promise of practicing, and not giving up. I'd say this software works best for children age 6-12. The kid should be old enough to read, while teenagers may find the animated guitar instructor corny.
The program isn't without possible improvements. I wish they had more videos, and I wish they also covered voice so you could sing along to the songs being learned, which would make learning more entertaining, but then again, singing is another course in itself. However, my son learned how to play his electric guitar through this CD, which is the real measure of success. One other thing I like about this (of learning music) is that it teaches the value of persistent practice. When video games give my son a five minute attention span, learning how to play electric guitar seems to be the antidote.