Lyft Check out Santa's new ride Beauty Best Books of the Year Cyber Monday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheBigSick TheBigSick TheBigSick  Echo Show Cyber Monday Deals: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 15, 2014
I purchased this product with three main goals: to stay fresh on my piano skills, to progress in a structured way, and to get instant feedback on my practice. This product has succeeded at least two of those regards. The progress goal remains to be seen; but, that is not the fault of the software, as I shall explain.

I had just completed a semester of piano at my university; so, I do not approach the piano or music theory as a complete beginner. I am presently beginning Chapter 3 of the software's instruction. At this point, I will say that I am still learning some unfamiliar tidbits here and there. More importantly, this software has greatly strengthened some of my week areas. It has improved my sight reading, especially.

The software has a fairly attractive interface and seems pretty responsive to my electronic keyboard. I am connected by a MIDI-USB cable from the keyboard to my laptop. I did note a few initial failures of the software to pickup on keystrokes early on; but, this wasn't noticed after the initial 'key finding' lessons. To be fair, this could be the fault of the keyboard and not the software.

I share in a previous reviewer's bafflement that instruction begins with black keys. I get the feeling that this is not usual; but, it isn't a hindrance, really. White keys were soon introduced thereafter.

Based on what I've experienced, I have every intention of purchasing more advanced-level software from the same developer, after completing this. It is very efficient practice and integrates ear training, sight reading, instant feedback, a huge assortment of helpful tools, logical structuring of the lessons, and good multimedia (videos and audio). This is a small list of the good features. Perhaps I should've started with a more advanced version of the software; but, it hasn't been a waste at all and I've filled-in some gaps.
on May 16, 2013
This Software is good.. I downloaded it and installed and it starts off using Black Keys Learning first..then white keys.. Seems different approach than I expected, however its makes up for that by being so much easier than the Book/DVD I got also. It shows the notes your using on the computer and changes the color of the note as you play them. It keeps tract of the notes played and anything wrong with the playing of them timing wise or wrong note wise etc.. Then it gives you a score of how you did and if you click on the score bubble it will show you where your mistakes were made. An excellent system.
I gave only 4 stars because of the Audio from the software that it plays when showing videos.. The Volumn is very low even with Windows Sound turned up all the way, and the Video windows that come up are not sizable...so I'm stuck looking a video that is too small for my tastes and cannot change the size of the window.
If not for those two issues I would have given 5 stars because its the great otherwise.
on March 27, 2013
I wanted software that would be interactive with my keyboard, and give me feedback as I play.
eMedia Piano & Keyboard does just that and has tons of lessons to guide the beginner, from not knowing what keys are what, to playing songs of increasing complexity.

I also use Synthesia, but find that eMedia is much better for actually learning, from A to Z, about playing piano. Synthesia is better when I have a particular song I want to learn to play.
on February 10, 2016
Windows 10. I downloaded the software and installed it. Upon opening, it asked me to download QuickTime. I downloaded and installed QuickTime. Installed quicktime, program closed. Every single time I tried to open the software, it asked to download QuickTime. After four times of opening and closing, I called amazon for a refund. The damn program never opened. I have brand new computer. Because I've never returned a download before, I got a refund, but the policy for software downloads is "sucks to be you"
on August 22, 2013
I'm an adult learner. So I was pretty nervous about learning to play the piano. That was a month ago. Now I love playing! This product teaches you how to play step by step. Can you believe that I now know how to read musical notes? It's like an online class. You have to be discipline and to dedicate 15-30 minutes everyday to practice. I'm definitely recommending this product to anyone who wants to learn to play the piano.
on February 24, 2016
I have a Grand piano that I haven't play for a long time. The piano was my mother's who was a piano teacher. I brought this because it "worked" on acoustic pianos. At the start with on note at a time it worked OK, would sometime mark the note double sometimes and sometimes have trouble picking up the note. no big deal.
As I go to two notes at the same time, the program put a note on it that it only would show one of the notes being play and not pick up the others on acoustic pianos. So, if you only want to play very simple one note at a time songs, this may work for you.
For feedback, the only feedback is that it would pick up the note if it was right, you could play more notes (right or wrong) in or out of rhythm it didn't do anything.
on February 11, 2015
I like it! I use it in conjunction with Alfred's Adult Piano Course. They compliment each other. The eMedia method provides instant feedback if you have your digital piano connected to your compute, as I do. Otherwise, it will work through a microphone, although I haven't tried it.

Negatives? None so far. I do wish that when they introduce new concepts they would spend a bit more time explaining what new things are going to be taught. Sometimes new techniques appear in the lesson and it takes a couple of minutes to figure out what's what.

All in all, great value for t he price and a very useful tool.
on November 3, 2013
Every time I want to work on piano I just hook my keyboard up to my laptop and pick up from where I left off. I do not have to waste time trying to figure out what to work on.

If you want to learn a few songs so that you can impress some people then this software is not for you, but if you want to actually learn the piano then this software is for you. The interactive feedback is great. It's like having your own personal teacher.
on August 7, 2017
I have the downloaded version.Using in on windows 10. Does all that I ask of it. No complaints.
on May 26, 2013
I own a CASIO AP620 and a Lenovo Twist S320 with Windows 8 (64bit) with a bluetooth mouse. Yes, this application was made before Windows 8 but it installs no problem on Windows 8. One catch. You have to install CASIO USB-MIDI driver (64 bit driver) first to support Windows 8 (64 bit), which is available at CASIO (http://support.casio.com/download.php?cid=008&pid=340&rgn=3 and look for CCUSBX64_INST.zip).. Before use this app on a tablet mode, you should first run to register it (since you have to fill many lines). After connecting the USB A-B cable between the piano and the Twist, turning on the piano automatically loads the driver. I can put the Twist on the music stand, since it can be made as a tablet! Run the app in the desktop mode with full screen. You need a bluetooth mouse to click Options ->Instrument Setup. Make sure that you select CASIO USB-MIDI on the second screen. I was able to use the touch screen on the Twist to go through the lessons. I had a doubt about the touch tablet mode but I'm now convinced that there are some applications the tablet mode is useful. All the features of this application like interactive feedback and playing with accompaniment are great.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.