Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on May 20, 2011
Was looking for an articulating arm, but couldn't find one on Amazon. This came up instead. Saw a couple of others that got not so good reviews due to manufacturing issues. This was inexpensive, so I didn't expect much. Just wanted something to offset my sungun a little from center. Surprisingly sturdy. Brackets are screwed into the base - not just glued or soldered. Center post that can be adapted to light stand is an added bonus. As a pro with 30 years in the biz, this handy little tool will reside in my grip bag, and will get lots and lots of use....
18 helpful votes
19 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on December 27, 2011
I got this to use primarily on my Canon XA10 video camera. I needed a higher mount for the shotgun mic and a separate mount for a continuous video light. It serves its purpose quite well. The Canon XA10 has a detachable handle with XLR inputs and a cold shoe. Unfortunately, the shoe is so far forward that if you use a decent shotgun mic, the mic will be in frame in your wide shots. This bracket solves that problem by lifting the mic higher. The bracket is VERY sturdy. The reason I gave it only 4 stars is that it takes some maneuvering to get the thing onto your camera and to get your accessories mounted onto the bracket. The mounts are tight. Hopefully, this will improve as it is "broken in." But, really, it's a pretty small complaint. A great solution at a low price.
8 helpful votes
9 helpful votes
on October 31, 2013
i had some high hopes for this. i was going to use it for my flash to help lift the flash off the camera more, and mount a PW on the other cold shoe. this was great in theory, but the product has these small screws/rivets that hold the cold shoe to the v-bracket, and the company did not cover the screw grooves (philips grooves) with a sticker or anything, and wouldn't you know it, the pins underneath my canon speedlight units got caught in the screw grooves. i did not want to damage my speedlight, so i used some pliers and bent the hell out of the cold shoe to release my flash.

some penny stickers would have prevented this problem. i cannot recommend this item due to this oversight.
2 helpful votes
on April 29, 2017
THE EPHOTO MOUNT ALLOWS YOU TO INCLUDE MORE ACCESORIES WITH YOUR CAMERA. YOU HAVE THE OPTION TO INCLUDE A FLASH, MICROPHONE AND ANOTHER LIGHT IF NEEDED. IT BRINGS MORE ACCESSIBILTY TO WHAT EVER YOU ARE DOING
on November 24, 2012
The materials used to create this product are sturdy and the build quality seems to be high as well. However, after receiving this item I noticed that it was missing one of the hot shoe mounts (on the taller mount). I checked the box the bracket came in, as well as the larger box that contained the entire shipment and did not find the missing mount. It appears that the mount was originally in place as there are 3 holes drilled, and discoloration around the holes from where it appears something used to be. This basically renders the item useless for me as I needed it for my mic and lighting. As I mentioned though, it is a sturdy item but it seems that quality control is extremely poor. On top of the previously mentioned issue, the screw at the bottom in the center of the bracket was somewhat bent and the washer was crimped together causing the screw to not seat all the way in the mount. I ended up just torquing it down at using some loctite to hold it in place.
on February 14, 2013
I have a 312 LED light and a 7" Lilliput monitor. They both will not fit together like I hoped (even with one raised up on an adapter). However, this is a very sturdy mount. It probably would work with a 5" monitor and a large light. The 7" monitor is so big anyways its better on its own stand! I am keeping this because it is quite well made for the price. The Philips head screw does sometimes loosen up but generally keeps stuff in place. I would not recommend this for a lot of quick movement with your camera (like running or something), because it would spin. Instead I would have to op for a full on rig to support everything. Its getting crazy front heavy anyways with all this large gear right at the front of the camera.

Edit January 21, 2014: As the product is shown it would not hold a LED light and large monitor, but just spin it 90 degrees and it will. Just place one in front of the other.
on October 8, 2013
You cant go wrong with this item for the price and quality of construction. I can not complain about it in any way. But I will note that if you are a run and gun documentary/reality show style shooter it does make your camera double the size. Some clients like to see a big rig because they think they pay for better quality f the set up is bigger. But for true performance I prefer as little weight as possible so rigs and a bunch of extra stuff is not wanted. SO this bracket will make your camera double the size once fully mounted with a light and microphone. But there is no way around that if you need to rig both so with that said this little mount is a perfect edition. But it could be smaller.
on March 5, 2013
There are quite a few brackets like this out there - this one is built of metal and not overly large or heavy for a dual mount application so it can be mounted on a DSLR and not look like Moose antlers - the only down side is the ring that tightens down is made of plastic.

I use these with a tripod light stand equipped with a base mount that supports a reflector umbrella shaft and hot shoe position - I mount the V-bracket to the hot shoe position and from there mount a 160 LED Video light on the higher mount aimed at the reflector for use as a modeling light and the other lower position for a High Power Canon Speed light Flash Unit E/W remote trigger or used in Canon Slave mode.

Works for me!
on November 1, 2011
Well, it is what it is... an asymmetrical bracket thingie for mounting two items. This way, I was able to get my new Lilliput monitor AND my Rode VideoMic mounted at same time, without having to splurge on an expensive, thousand-dollar rig. Be wary of mounting things that are TOO heavy, because you might damage your camera's hot shoe, but that's just common sense.

That's it. There's really nothing else to say about it... it works, and totally worth the fourteen bucks.
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on August 21, 2013
I purchased this for my Canon 7d dslr for wedding videos. I have a mic on one, and a mini led light on the other. It holds both just fine, but in my opinion, is much higher than it needs to be. I have seen others that are shorter, and if I could do it all over, I would pick up one of those. It looks and feels pretty awkward having everything so far above your camera. Other than the size however, it does what is intended for and hold two hot shoe accessories.