Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
New Age Pet ecoFLEX Fontana Chicken Barn, Jumbo
|Sale:||$423.29 & FREE Shipping|
Discount Provided by Amazon.
- Ecoflex jumbo chicken barn
- Perfect for 8-10 chickens
- Two nesting boxes and rtwo roosting bars
- Removable roof for easy egg collecting
- 10 year Manufacturer warranty.
- Easy, no-tools assembly.
- Rinse with hose for easy cleaning
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Manufacturer: NEW age pet
made from ecoFLEX, a wood polymer composite material consisting of recycled wood ground into a powder and recycled high density polymer. This material is nontoxic and nonabsorbent which makes it easy to clean. It won't warp, crack, split or twist. This jumbo chicken Barn holds up to 12 hens depending on breed. Removable roof for easy cleaning. 12+ soft interior space. 3 divided nesting boxes. Red color. 1/2"x1/2" Stainless steel mesh pen sold separately
User manual [PDF ]
- Product Dimensions : 54.1 x 46.3 x 40.1 inches; 101.1 Pounds
- Item model number : ECHK503_B-RDX
- Date First Available : April 1, 2017
- Manufacturer : Pinta International Inc.
- ASIN : B06XZ8LCKB
Best Sellers Rank:
#121,563 in Patio, Lawn & Garden (See Top 100 in Patio, Lawn & Garden)
- #257 in Poultry Habitat Supplies
- Customer Reviews:
Compare with similar items
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So first the good...
* It is relatively easy to assemble (parts are numbered in black ink, on the black parts it is annoyingly hard to see the numbers)
* Size wise it is good
The not so great...
* I had a part broken, the manual says to contact them for a replacement but the parts don't even ship for 2-3 days. If Amazon hadn't sucked on shipping this like it did and if the packing wasn't going to be an absolute nightmare I would have just ordered a replacement. All in all, just hope you don't have any broken parts as there is no scenario that is a good option, unfortunately.
* The roosting bars just sit in brackets with nothing holding them in place. The problem is that the bracket sides aren't that high. My chickens knock the bars off just by using them. (Make the brackets substantially taller on the sides or add a thumb screw to the exterior)
* The door has a cheap twist latch. There is little protection from predators. (The latch is hollow, adding a pin that inserted into this would be ideal and shouldn't be difficult...I added a locking barrel pin to mine and use a carabiner to secure it)
* The corners of the floor are cut out to make the interior easy to clean. This is an excellent feature, but again leaves the coop open to snakes. (Could the corner sizes be increased and secured with a thumb screw?)
* The nesting box only "locks" on one side. It seems like it would be fairly easy to add one to both so one side couldn't be pulled on.
The TL;DR;, this is an easy coop to build and will comfortably house several chickens. If you live in an area where predators are likely I'd plan on modifying it a bit to make it more secure.
The concept is great, the material was questionable.