|Item Weight||9.3 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||3.4 x 3.3 x 5.3 inches|
|Item model number||EB-SMSWV-01|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Number Of Pieces||1|
|Included Components||ecobee Switch+ Smart Lightswitch, Decorative Trim Plate, Wire Nuts, Instructions|
ecobee Switch+ Smart Light Switch, Amazon Alexa Built-in
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Ask Alexa for the lights, news, music, and more. Nothing else required
- Install it yourself in about 45 minutes with step-by-step videos and illustrations in the ecobee app (neutral wire required)
- Turns off your lights for you when the room is empty
- Upgrade your outdoor Lighting to automatically turn on at Sunset and off when you choose
- Lights on, your way. Rely on motion and daylight sensors, ask Alexa, or use your ecobee app. Plus a button for manual use
|What you need to know – This product has a serial number that uniquely identifies the item. When your order ships, Amazon will scan the serial number and add it to the history of the order. Should the item go missing before it arrives, Amazon may register the serial number with loss and theft databases to prevent fraudulent use or resale of the item. There is no action required from you and the serial number will only be used to prevent fraudulent activity associated with the missing item.|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Ask Alexa, for any occasion
Built-in Amazon Alexa means you can ask ecobee Switch+ to turn the lights on or off, set a timer, read you the news or a podcast, and more. Even from across the room.
Smarten up your outdoor lighting
Find your house keys in a snap. ecobee Switch+ can upgrade any outdoor light to automatically turn on at sunset, and off when you choose.
Turn your lights on, your way
Hands full? Rely on motion and daylight sensors, or ask Alexa. You can also tap on the Switch+'s manual button, or use your ecobee app.
Control lighting from anywhere
Adjust your lighting from your iOS or Android devices.
Night light for after-hours
Make ecobee Switch+ glow in the dark to keep your nights fumble-free.
Make your smart home smarter
Control your other smart home devices from any room-just ask. ecobee Switch+ works with other Alexa-enabled devices, Apple HomeKit, Google Assistant, Samsung SmartThings, and IFTTT.
Compare with similar items
ecobee switch+ delivers smart lighting and Amazon Alexa in one seamless package. Ask it to turn the lights on or off, set a timer, read you the news or weather, play music or podcasts, and more (nothing else required). forgot to turn the light off smart off takes care of that for you when the room is empty. All this, one switch-that you can install yourself in about 45 minutes.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
After working past the initial setup I was dumbfounded to find the device is not yet compatible with Ecobee's own thermostats as a remote sensor (this was 50% of my interest as the sensors drop in and out on the far side of my home). Their site says they should have this functionality by summer, but this seemed very half baked at release time.
This replaced a Z-Wave switch, so second step was attempting to set it up in SmartThings - their site has a howto which doesn't mesh with the smart things app I have (no Lights & Switches category in mine under adding a thing) - so another 40% down of my interest down the drain.
Finally setup Alexa - this is replacing an echo dot on our kitchen counter - this worked fine, is reasonably loud and works as expected.
Overall I'm giving this a generous 3 stars for now, I'll revisit it when they get the SmartThings & integration with their other products out the door, hopefully that'll be sooner than later?
I wanted to note that Ecobee is already working on improvements and has now changed the preset time that the light is allowed to stay on from 15 minutes all the way down to 1 minute. I have updated my comment about this by removing from the "Things I don't like that I hope they improve on" section. This just shows that they are doing everything they can to improve the Switch.
I will continue to monitor and update my post as I see more improvements happen.
The Ecobee Switch+ is a great concept and I look forward to seeing future improvements on the device.
Things I like:
- Very easy installation process. If you download the Ecobee app, there are videos and step by step instructions that are very easy to follow. It took me about 20 minutes to install and I'm not the most savvy in this area of expertise.
- Great look out of the box as well as on my wall. It looks as if it was always there and is nice an snug against the wall without any indications of not fitting in the place it was installed.
- Nice way to have an Alexa installed device in your room without having to worry about placing on a shelf, plugging into an outlet etc.
Also works as a motion sensor light and seems to be pretty sensitive to motion. Would come on as I walk into the room where the Switch+ is installed.
- Also has a nice nightlight option that can be turned off if preferred.
- Will be a great way to measure temperature and motion once connected to an Ecobee thermostat (when this option is enabled in the near future).
- I like the improvements to the Ecobee app through my Android device. It's very easy to control the Switch+ through the app and I like how you can now see all temperature room sensors in 1 screen. So that you can see what the temperature is across the house without having to click on each sensor individually. Once the Switch+ is working to measure temperature, I can see this feature being really good.
- Has a preset timer that you can program through the app to turn off after a specified time frame.
Things I don't like that I hope they improve on:
- Currently the Switch+ isn't designed to be installed on the same switch as a ceiling fan. Originally I had mine installed on the same switch as my Master bedroom ceiling fan. I noticed after installing IFTTT on my phone that the light was coming on during times when no one was around and no one had remotely requested it to. After doing further research with costumer support, we concluded that the issue was due to it being installed on the same switch as my ceiling fan. They advised that this could be creating additional heat that would make the sensor think someone was in the room and advised for me to move to a different location to avoid damaging the Switch+. After I moved it, this issue seem to be resolved.
- The Switch+ can't be installed on a 2 way or 3 way switch. Between not being able to install on the same switch as a ceiling fan and not being able to install on a 2 way or 3 way switch, this really limited the options I had available to install it.
- Doesn't work well with a Mesh Wi-Fi signal. I had a hard time trying to get the Switch+ to connect to my Wi-Fi and after much trouble shooting with Ecobee support, I was finally advised that it could be due to having more than 1 router connected to my Wi-Fi which was making it bounce back in forth between routers. After I disabled 1 router, I had no problem getting it to connect and so far this hasn't been an issue going forward after reconnecting the 2nd router. I believe this is just an issue for initial setup. Once you get the Switch+ connected to the router, it seems to be fine and so far I haven't had to try and reconnect it to my Wi-Fi.
- Currently not Bluetooth ready and so you have to listen to music through the small speaker which isn't bad considering the size but could be a lot better with the option to connect to a separate speaker like the Dot allows.
- Is currently setup with a setting that whenever the light is manually/remotely turned off and you come back into the room, the light won't go back on without turning back on manually/remotely for 15 minutes. In other words, if I request Alexa to turn off the light or I physically turn off the light and then go back into the room prior to 15 minutes going by, the light won't come on without asking Alexa or physically turning back on. I hope this setting is changed to allow you to disable as this can be a hassle if you have your hands full. Keep in mind, this setting doesn't happen when the light turns off by the timer (based on the time frame you preset). If the light has turned off automatically and then you walk into the room a second later, the light will come back on.
- Would have hoped the temperature sensors would have been working before the launch. This was the main reason I was wanting to purchase the Switch+. I thought it would be a nice way to have the additional sensors in different rooms without having to be placed on a shelf or on the wall. Unfortunately this option isn't currently available but is supposed to be working in the near future. I was advised it should be working by the Summer time. So I guess we have to wait and see how well this feature works.
This is my first Alexa ready device which has me looking into adding other items to my house that can be voice activated. I have very high expectations that Ecobee is going to take the right steps to improve on this concept and look forward to all the enhancements that will be coming in the near future. Although my list is long with things to be improved on, I feel that since this is the first design they have come out with that things are only going to get better as they began resolving some of these issues. So far customer support has been very helpful and have indicated that they are taking all of our concerns and suggestions into consideration and are trying to address them. As the issues of concern are addressed, I will try to do my best to update my post and will hopefully see my 4 star review turn into a 5 star review.
You know, this all started because I needed a new thermostat. And since I got an Ecobee3lite, I figured I might as well as get an Echo. Then a few Dots. And some smart plugs...adding a Switch+ was a no-brainer!
Follow the instructions. 20-30 minutes to install the hardware, 10-20 more minutes to get it on your network and talking to Alexa. Then done! I'm looking forward to the update that will turn it into a remote sensor. The book of installation instructions is all you need, but there's also (through their ecobee app) video instructions if you prefer.
Install was very easy amd tool under 5 minutes. The app does guide you through the install and makes you confirm if there is a neutral wire in the box along with the fact the location is not a dimmer or fan or a 3 way load (good..)
After installing, pairing with Ecobee app and HomeKit was a breeze and there were ton of sensors exposed on the HomeKit front ...
Now its easy to not walk into a dark closet, the light turns on automatically and then turns off ..
Alexa works well, even playing music or news was clear on the little speaker..
1. provide an option for 1 or 5 min auto off as the current min 15 min is too long for a closet light
2. Unable to use drop-in or home calling (this is a limitation on all 3rd party Alexa compatible products i own)
3. No exposure of the temp sensor yet to ecobee thermostat. Would love to use the temp sensor in the switch to control our smart vent in the closet.. (says coming soon...)
4. SmartThings integration (coming soon...)
5. Price $99 is a little too much, hope the price gets better over time (need 5 more..)
Most recent customer reviews
- No dimmer
- No indicator that the light is on or off. Is important for switches that are indoors but control lights outdoors (like a porch or patio light).Read more
The largest room in my house had only one switch making turning the light on/off from the other side...Read more
Looks nicer than a regular wall switch.
Unique and good way to get Alexa in more locations.