Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno
Does this product (and others like it) effectively replace a DVR cable box on my hdtvs? Or does it require constant in-between my laptop and HDTV?
asked by Brandon Mowery on November 26, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
If your computer is going to be your primary viewing device, it does replace the dvr and cable box functionality. If you want to use your HDTV is is best to have a dedicated computer (HTPC) or extender (XBOX) for the best experience.
Ben answered on November 28, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Minshi Hunter answered on April 14, 2013
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Here is how I am using. Microsoft media server runs on a pc I have in my office. This is where you set it all up and where to save programs etc. XBOX is then set up in another room to the TV that I want to use. This provides the functionality to record, play, live TV etc. just like you are at your PC. Think of your xbox as now being the equivalent of a full fledge DVR and cable box. Only it is WAY better!! Very reliable and works great!!

The xbox is called an 'extender' which essentially fills in as a pc by your TV.
Jim answered on January 12, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product