Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 2,509 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,722 reviews
on March 15, 2015
Terrible. Loved the color and design but could not get it off my phone. Ended up scratching my phone in the process of getting it off.
review image review image
on September 17, 2014
I ordered this case before I looked at the reviews. When I got home to my computer I decided to check the reviews and noticed that everyone was talking about how it ruined their phone and was impossible to get off! I was genuinely scared to get it and swore I would send it right back. My fiance talked me into trying it on my phone because it was so adorable.

It showed up, cute as ever! The colors are AMAZING. I put it on my phone TERRIFIED it wouldn't come off because of the other reviews. It came off just fine! I have the iPhone 5. I kept it together and made sure to keep cleaning it every couple days. It has never gotten stuck ... it fits snug but comes right off. I get compliments on the case all of the time.

I have dropped my phone many times and it has been protected each time. I took a small chunk out of the phone case but my phone is completely fine! It seems to work perfectly and does what it's made to do.

Now I don't know if it will work for you, but I must say that it works great for me and here I am a month later and it still slips on and off! Love! :)
on June 18, 2015
this case broke my daughters phone. I had just bought this phone for her and this was the case she decided on after doing research. We installed it which was easy enough but when she removed it to clean it out a week later it snagged on the upper left corner and not only did the case crack but it ripped off the glass of the phone! I was appalled and now her glass is lifted and moisture can now easily get in. Not to mention the phone warranty won't replace it and the maker of this case won't either. Her new phone is now compromised and all because of this case. It's supposed to protect it, not ruin it!!
on December 11, 2015
I've had this case for over a year, and it's time to retire it because its condition isn't too hot. But overall, I really loved this case, because it did its job, looked really nice while doing so, and it cost me very little to have. Here are some of the specifics:

Protection: 8/10
I dropped my phone a couple of times onto my driveway from waist level (I didn't realize my phone was on my lap when I got out of the car), and my screen didn't scratch or crack. My screen not cracking was probably due to pure luck, but I do know the case definitely protected it from getting scuffed. I see a lot of small indents on the corners of case, so it did protect my phone to that extent for sure. I wouldn't want to try dropping my phone any higher than waist level though.

Style: 9.5/10
I've received a few compliments from how simple yet aesthetically pleasing the case looks. I really like how thin the case is; if the case was any clunkier, I wouldn't be able to fit it into my wristlet or my tight pocket.

Longevity: 7/10
After several months, you can see that it gets kinda dirty and run-down on the back of the cover,especially if you get the Coconut / Jean Indigo color (see attached picture). If you really can't stand a used-looking case, you would have to replace it every half year or so. Also, the area where the coconut part meets the indigo part chips off after a while (see picture). One time I had the phone in my pocket, and when I took it out, the coconut part slid off and chipped. And once it chips, it's easier to slide the coconut part off of the phone, which can be hazardous. The other side chipped off randomly; I honestly don't know how.
review image review image review image
on April 18, 2016
This elago case did NOT fit the iPhone SE despite claiming to do so. I attempted to apply this case without a screen protector and it actually damaged my brand new iPhone SE. The blue color material had scraped the phone and no attempts to run out the color have worked. I attempted to apply this case on a second iPhonse SE with a screen protector and it pushes the protector off of the phone.

This elago case is very similar to the Maxboost base of which it shares a common design: iPhone SE Case, Maxboost [Vibrance Series] Protective Case For Apple iPhone SE (2016) & iPhone 5S 5[Lifetime Warranty] SOFT-Interior Slider Style Hard Cases Cover - Rose Gold. However, the Maxboost case has a anti-scratch micro-fiber layer inside and fit the phone better.

Unfortunately these problems appear to be designed related (not tested with iphone se, lip around the edge which damages the phone). Due to these reasons, I can't recommend this product to anyone with an iPhone SE. If you do purchase this, tread carefully as to not damage your brand new phone.
on November 8, 2014
The case is really good looking, but durability is questionable. Within 1 month of getting this the color started to wear off, lots of dents, chips, and the 2 piece don't connect well. It slips off.
review image review image
33 comments| 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2015
If I could give this product no stars I would. The reviews about the poor quality are 100% true. I had this product on my phone for less than a week before it chipped and cracked. I didn't drop my phone and I take really good care of it there is no reason that a phone case to crack after less than one week of wear other than poor quality materials. Bottom line I don't trust this case to protect my investment and won't be buying another case from this company in the future. It really is a shame because I love the design and the colors.
review image
on July 25, 2015
I really wanted to like this case, I did. I knew that in a few months I would be upgrading phones, so I wanted to buy something inexpensive to bridge the gap between my last case and my next phone (which will not be the same form as my current phone). I spotted this case while browsing Amazon and thought it fit the bill--attractive, low-profile, and cheap. The price should have been a big red flag. Protective phone cases don't generally run so cheap.

Let me start by saying this case has a pretty big flaw. The bottom portion of the case has no mechanism for snapping into place, it merely slides together with the top portion, which means if you shove your phone into your pocket and then pull it out by just gripping the case, you will likely find yourself holding just the bottom and your phone will remain in your pocket. If you're really unlucky, your phone is going to slide out and clatter to the floor. I suppose one could tape the two portions together, but that would ruin the esthetic, which is the one thing the case truly has going for it.

After a couple weeks, my case had chipped from being shoved back together one too many times and now, about two months later, the bottom section is dented and scuffed.

If you really need a case as a short term solution, this might work, but don't expect it to work for a long period of time.
on October 3, 2014
Please note, I am a HUGE fan of Elago cases and have purchased at least 10 over the years and loved them all. However, if you try and use this case on an iPhone with those fantastic, glass screen protectors this WILL NOT FIT. I even tried trimming it so my daughter could still use it but it pushes against the glass protector no matter what. I ended up shattering the protector and took it off. I then put on a simple film protector and these slide cases push on the sides of even those! So, if you use any kind of screen protection avoid their slide series and get their non sliding models.

Elago makes a fantastic product and again, I have owned and worn out a bunch of them and so have my kids. I am changing my rating from a 3 to 5 star because if just thrown onto an iPhone it works and fits beautifully as long as you have nothing protecting the screen. Well, I guess you could use some scissors and trim down a film screen protector to make them fit together. Personally I would rather use the tempered glass protectors and a different case.

Hope this review helps!
on February 12, 2016
I had a small issue with this product. While I liked it a lot - I like the color selection, the material, the sturdiness of it. My only gripe was the snugness or the tight fit of this case to the phone. I currently use a screen protector film for the front and the back of my iphone. However, this case can only accommodate the added thickness of the screen protector on one side of the phone - keeping in mind, this is a very thin film (not the glass protector types). When I took off the film for the back side of the phone, I'm able to slide the phone in a little easier, but w/out the protector film on the backside, this Case leaves 2 streaks on the surface of the phone... I was a little bummed, but because i still like the appearance of the case, material and color, I'm going to continue to use it. Note - on the color, the picture makes it look like a creamy white - its actually a little darker than that - think light khaki.