Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Gift Sets Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services westworld westworld westworld  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now
dream town house elevator? are they kidding? please help-how do I get the darn thing hooked up? The instructions did not help at all...
asked by F. Sorrentini on December 25, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 17 answers
A
U4IC61 answered on December 25, 2009
Comment (1) | 17 of 18 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The contact info is on the front page of the instructions inside a box, with a thick black band, that says "service.mattel.com". The number listed there for the US and Canada is (800) 524-8697 M-F 9 AM-7 PM of Saturday 11 AM-5 PM. These are Eastern Time.
U4IC61 answered on December 26, 2009
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It's been nothing but a nightmare so far. My grandfather is the former head of R&D for major aircraft manufacturer. If something is broken, he can fix it period. So far he has been working on the assembly for over an hour. Quit simpley put, some of the plastic pieces just dont fit.
Tara E. Bogucki answered on December 25, 2009
Comment | 3 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Take some sand paper to the elevator top (the hard plastic) and sand the edges that interfere with the 2nd and 3rd floors. it then goes up and down easily. This thing is definitely "built to a cost" as some have already suggested.
Kurt A. Marquardt answered on December 23, 2010
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You will need to take the roof off at least to get the elevator back in if the house is assembled. Lood carefully at the ends of the string used to raise and lower the eleveator and attche them to the corresponding shapes at the top an bottom of the elevator. This will be a little more difficult with the house fully assembled but still doable.
Poetinflight answered on January 1, 2011

A
Where can you get a replacement of the elevator string or something similar? My daughter just cut it.
Juan Carlos Muro answered on February 15, 2012

A
How to order elevator for Barbie dream house.
Iran answered on August 24, 2013

A
How do you get the top of the elevator cord in?
Amazon Customer answered on December 25, 2013

A
Need to restring elevator, what gauge of nylon pink string Doo I need
Victoria A. Weygandt answered on December 27, 2015

A
Thank you. I really couldn't have finished this without your help!
Mom answered on December 3, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product