Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

Did the events at the end of the book sort of ruin the idea of Theresa for you?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 20, 2011 11:15:19 AM PST
C.K. says:
**CONTAINS SOME SPOILERS**
I've just finished the Scorch Trials, and I thought it was a great follow-up to the Maze Runner. I can't wait for the third.
But did anyone else really loathe Theresa after she "betrayed" Thomas? I feel like even if Theresa was doing it for the reasons she said, I'll never feel the same way about her again. Her betrayal truly made me dislike her, and throughout the rest of the book I couldn't help thinking "Shut up!" or "Just go away!" in my brain whenever she spoke. It also angered me how Thomas -- though he doesn't fully trust her yet -- still has some respect for her.
Assuming that Theresa didn't really mean what she did, and she and Thomas end up together at the end of this trilogy, would you ever completely forgive her? Could you just dismiss this?
I'm not really the forgive and forget type, so maybe it's just me. But did anyone else feel this way? Do you think it was a smart move by Dashner to do this (ASSUMING that Thomas and Theresa start a relationship/ remain friends) or do you feel that this just made you dislike Theresa no matter what? Just curious to hear others' opinions!

Posted on Feb 27, 2011 10:12:24 AM PST
yes i feel the same way she was like to good of an actress and it makes you doubt all the other things about her and why is "wicked good"

Posted on Mar 4, 2011 8:53:54 PM PST
David Marsh says:
**POSSIBLE HUGE SPOILER**
I think that the experiences are all necessary to fight the flare. It's the different experiences and emotions that are necessary. I'm making a guess here, but I think I've figured what the whole story is about. I think it is revealed right at the end of chapter 8. WICKED is trying to find "patterns" and "kill zones". Think about it. I think that in the end when everything is revealed that things will be quite different than what everyone assumed.

Posted on Mar 5, 2011 5:16:03 AM PST
C.K. says:
Yes, I have a feeling that things will turn out much differently than first expected. I was more reffering to that even IF Theresa is good, her betrayal made me feel...well, betrayed. I know its just another one of Wicked's "variables", but I felt that it made my dislike for Theresa zoom up to a whole new level, and I'm not sure if it'll ever go back down (even if she turns out to be good, which I'm guessing might happen).

Posted on Mar 21, 2011 3:12:44 PM PDT
David Marsh says:
**POSSIBLE HUGE SPOILER**
Also, I think that when Thomas reads the sign, "THOMAS, YOU'RE THE REAL LEADER" that that isn't referring to the leader of the gladers in the trial, but rather he is the true leader of WICKED. In book one, we know that he helped build the maze. I think that Thomas is the leader of WICKED and he planned the whole thing out to find the cure to the scorch.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Feb 20, 2011
Latest post:  Mar 21, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner, Book Two)
The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner, Book Two) by James Dashner (Audio CD - October 26, 2010)
4.4 out of 5 stars (3,867)