Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen
Customer Discussions > PS3 Eye Camera Mounting Clip forum

You ever wonder why half the PS Eye base is flat?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 19, 2010, 4:46:30 AM PDT
Gweikers says:
You don't really need this doohickey; you see, go look at your Eye, ever wonder why the base of it is flat on one side? It's a clever way to mount the camera on top of your flat screen using just friction and counterbalance. The cord of the Eye is heavy and stiff enough to keep it in place, if you place the flat end against the top bezel of most flat screens.

Posted on Sep 23, 2010, 4:51:24 AM PDT
S. Corum says:
This device provides added stability for your PS Eye. The standard base of the Eye is narrower and than the Eye itself making the Eye prone to shifting on top of televisions (as it has both of mine for 2 years now) if not falling off altogether if it shifts too much or if you bump your TV or its stand. This device makes your PS Eye sit rock solid on top of the TV . Especially so if you have a thin panel HDTV which the PS Eye would not be able to sit on top of at all without this valuable little gizmo. Well worth the $12.99 if you have a flat panel HDTV.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2010, 11:40:12 AM PDT
Gweikers says:
I guess it's a neat doohicky. Though, Sony should've thought of it before a third party had to answer the call.

Although, I'm more partial to the practically free, black electrical tape instead of a bit of plastic for 13 bucks plus if the back trick doesn't work.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2010, 6:49:08 AM PDT
Has Been says:
I sit and ponder that question every night before I have my Corn Flakes.

Posted on Oct 7, 2010, 9:27:42 PM PDT
JamieinMN says:
I think 13 bucks is a little steep for something so simple. I think about $4.99 would be more appropriate.

Posted on Nov 21, 2010, 12:49:45 AM PST
C. Owen says:
I tried mounting the PS Eye in this way and it didn't work for me. It was hard to keep the camera pointing straight and it just didn't feel as secure.

Posted on Mar 27, 2011, 10:03:08 PM PDT
Ok it looks like it has to be angled down from atop its perch on the TV...so if my TV is higher than waist height on a low entertainment center....will this hold it in place well enough and still allow the downward aim necessary to see?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2011, 11:34:40 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2011, 7:51:47 PM PST
I just the Move Bundle today from the Sony store for $50.00. I'm going to try this recommendation first, and use some electrical tape to secure the cable to the back of the tv

update: received move bundle, I setup camera as directed in the top post. Used electrical tape to secure the cable. works like a charm, good deal
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Sep 19, 2010
Latest post:  Nov 29, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about