Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno
Customer Discussions > Dead or Alive 5 forum

I'm excited that Tecmo has finally opened their eyes...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 19, 2012, 3:23:30 AM PDT
Xiong R. Her says:
and brought DOA back to the PlayStation. PSP is fine, but a console game is needed. I believe the 360 lacks the power and potential to take the DOA franchise to its peak and next level (unless they (finally) decide to incorporate the Kinect, then it's a different story). The one thing that I feel that Tecmo is lacking is the vision for CAF. The thought alone of being able to create your own fighter, with their own moves, combos, grabs, taunts, unique and in-depth customization, and maybe even their own story lines, is... stimulating, for lack of better term. It's actually sad that Tecmo refuses to even consider such a sought-after, repeatedly requested feature. Oh, well. I'm still excited for this game. Doesn't really seem/look all that, but the fact that it's coming back to PS3 is great news.

Posted on Aug 2, 2012, 9:52:08 PM PDT
James Resser says:
many games should be co-op and have create a fighter type thing but they don't for some god awful reason

Posted on Aug 3, 2012, 6:30:45 AM PDT
Sheex says:
Tecmo is good at introducing new characters into the Dead or Alive universe, be they guest characters or brand new characters made for the series, and with the addition of these new characters and their efforts to make their existing characters look as good as they can, they probably don't want to spend the time/resources to make an extensive enough Create a Fighter program that would be comprehensive enough not to be thought of as an afterthought (people really are pissy about having a ton of customization options nowadays), and that would allow players to create fighters that would adhere to the aesthetic standard set by the rest of their characters.

One thing I don't like about the previous games in the series though is that many of the outfits (especially for the females) are palate swaps with maybe a small change instead of brand new outfits (so unlocking 7 outfits, for example, would really only get you 4 outfits with some color alternatives) so I'm hoping they change that (maybe give each outfit a color change option in the menu instead of making you unlock it and calling it a different outfit) in favor of bringing in a lot more variety.

Hopefully the men get some more fun outfits this time around as well, as they're usually left out (aside from Zack with his strange outfits). I'm pleased with what I've seen so far though, as it looks like they might going in a different direction with the outfits from the screenshots (like Hitomi's circus outfit and Zack's businessman outfit, for example). Seems like they might be going in a more fun direction with their outfits this time around. With a tagline like "Fighting Entertainment," it seems pretty likely.

Having new outfits for preorder is good (though I hate retailer specific preorder DLC), and the Gamestop collector's edition has a new outfor each female character, so that's good too. Paid DLC is likely going to be more outfits since they're not releasing new characters as DLC (a good move), so they'll have to have new things to get people to actually buy them, and perhaps a few new stages, but I don't think anything about DLC stages has been announced.

Posted on Aug 7, 2012, 1:58:44 PM PDT
Cronin.Joe says:
love them swimsuits

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2012, 3:04:46 PM PDT
CMayhem says:
You are the problem; everything that is wrong with gaming today is because of people like you.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2012, 7:24:51 AM PDT
Sheex says:
How is someone loving the swimsuits for the DoA girls causing all of what's wrong with gaming today? Loving the DoA swimsuits, which have been around at least since DoA 2 Hardcore for PS2, didn't create day one, on disc, locked DLC that people need to pay for, nor did it create retailer-specific DLC. It didn't influence game makers to skip parts in the middle of a game and tack them on at the last second as pay DLC either. It didn't cause game companies to close the doors on a variety of their acquired studios, and it hasn't caused other game companies to sexualize their female characters in such ways.

Granted, 'loving them swimsuits' and expressing that will increase the likelihood of Team Ninja continuing to create such outfits for their female characters, but it's the decision of game designers to do such things. Look at the new Tomb Raider. Lara Croft, one of the most sexualized female characters in gaming's history: Crystal Dynamics has toned down her large breast size in favor of a more realistic look for her. I personally think she looks great, but I also appreciate the aesthetic beauty of the DoA girls and their generous assets, because it's part of the experience. Heavy Rain had nudity from Madison, which I thought was well done because what I'd seen was her in the shower in her apartment, part of the minutia of everyday life, which is what a lot of what Heavy Rain's beginning interactions were all about.

Flip this on its head, and you have Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned, where the Congressman I believe, is shown full monty. It's all up to the creators to make their vision come to life. People trying to censor and restrict game makers, along with a little corporate greed that we all know exists everywhere, is what is causing any problems we see with gaming today.

I sincerely hope your comment was tongue-in-cheek.

Posted on Sep 11, 2012, 1:38:00 AM PDT
Cruise says:
Can you at least customize your character's clothings like Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown in DOA5?

Also, I hope they have proper cut-scenes in DOA5. The ones in Super Street Fighter IV and especially Soul Calibur V were terrible.

Posted on Sep 14, 2012, 3:41:40 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 25, 2012, 4:27:43 PM PDT]

Posted on Sep 15, 2012, 8:25:32 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 15, 2012, 8:28:00 AM PDT
badguy says:
About the create a fighter thing, every fighting game ive played that had one of those modes were just awful and the rest of the game was made so braindead idiots could play them and feel like they were awesome. It would be cool if a developer could make a good CAF mode but the time is better spent on already existing or new fighters in the series.

I just hope they dont ruin DOA with this entry i'm already concerned about the super attacks or whatever theyre called and the stuff i read about the counter attacks being dumbed down for this one. Plus going by how companies are whoring out thier games now especially fighters with overpriced dlc, i'll probably wait until a price drop or until they release a final version of the game which is sad since this is a series ive been waiting years for to return to playstation consoles.

Posted on Sep 15, 2012, 8:36:16 AM PDT
badguy says:
HRRRRMM! deleted. >=(
Just hope they dont ruin DOA with this entry im already concerned about the super attacks or what ever theyre calling them and the dumbed down counter system ive read about for this game. Its looking more and more like a disappoining disaster, good thing for Youtube though after its released i'll know whether or not to be happy or depressed but right now my expectations are pretty low, sad since ive been waitng years for the series to return to a playstation console. On top of that they'll be pumping out overpriced dlc probably as well so either going to wait until price drop or a final version of the game.

Posted on Sep 17, 2012, 12:07:05 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 24, 2012, 2:38:46 PM PDT
Sheex says:
Well it appears that all of DoA 5's DLC will be strictly cosmetic, as in new costumes for the fighters, because Team Ninja decided that it is unfair to those who cannot afford DLC for them to release DLC characters and stages (very good of them). So while you might see sexier costumes on your favorite characters when playing against someone in an online mode if they have any of the DLC, the DLC is completely inconsequential to the game itself.

Now then, we already know about the preorder sexy bunny costumes for Kasumi, Lei Fang and Hitomi offered by Gamestop and the sexy bunny costumes for Ayane, Tina and Christie offered by Amazon, as well as the premium sexy outfits (swimsuits) for each female character that you receive if you buy the Collector's Edition from Gamestop, but that's all we know for now. I'd imagine that there will be more fun and enticing outfits for offer as DLC, but they have already stated that there won't be characters or stages because they don't want to make it unfair.

*** Preorder bonuses switched to correct locations

Posted on Sep 21, 2012, 4:38:05 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 25, 2012, 4:27:58 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012, 4:21:41 PM PDT
I just hope all the costume DLC is on the disc, because Street Fighter had a problem with not being able to use DLC costumes in online fights because the opponent didn't have the DLC. Or at least give us a forced download, so everyone can see the costumes, but only use them if they buy them. But I prefer the costumes to be on disc DLC. No annoying downloads, and it's hassle-free for the developer.

Posted on Sep 23, 2012, 3:44:01 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 25, 2012, 4:27:49 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2012, 6:59:46 PM PDT
CMayhem says:
My statement was in reply to the thread stater, Xiong R. Her; specifically the fanboyish 360 jab.
It would be nice to have some customization of costumes in DOA but not CAF. Do we really want DOA to end up like Soul Calibur?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Dead or Alive 5 forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Jul 19, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about
Dead or Alive 5
Dead or Alive 5 by TechnoMarine (PlayStation 3)
4.4 out of 5 stars (121)