Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
asked by susieq on September 27, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 36 answers
A
All games marked for the Explorer / Explorer GS / LeapPad / LeadPad 2 are interchangeable. We have an Explorer and a LeapPad 2 and have ~6 game cartridges for the Explorer that my son uses in his new LeapPad 2 with no issues. You can also download and install Leapster Connect on your computer and buy games online to download directly onto any of the 4 devices listed above. This way you don't have to worry about losing cartridges.
Justin L. Bowers answered on September 12, 2012
Comments (3) | 19 of 19 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
the games that are marked 'explorer' only says so because they were made prior to the release of the LeapPad. Explorer games are compatible with the leappad; it is the same cartrigde. We just bought 2 of such marked games just because they say so and I think that is the reason they were so discounted. I think they just changed the picture; but the box it came only says for the explorer only.

LeapFrog Explorer Learning Game: NFLRush Zone (works with LeapPad Explorer & Leapster Explorer)
Wolfsatz Domain answered on September 29, 2011
Comment | 10 of 11 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Found this response on the Leap Frog web site. May help answer multiple questions.

http://leapfrog.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2173/session/L3RpbWUvMTM1Mzg5NTM5MS9zaWQvSWRVVWVjY2w%3D
JB answered on November 25, 2012
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Leapfrog Explorer games are compatible with the Leappad. Anything older as in Leapfrog or LMax is not compatible. The new cartridge games are green and slim.
Wolfsatz Domain answered on December 5, 2011
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I bought my son a leappad for Christmas because he already had an Lmax and a ton of the games. The cartridges will NOT fit it.
Michelle M answered on December 5, 2011
Comment (1) | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I just bought a LeapPad2 and a Leapster Explorer, I was looking at games on Amazon and when I search LeapPad 2 games, it gives me all explorer options. Before I place my order, will Explorer games work for LeapPad2?? Thanks
S. A. Langston answered on August 20, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes! We had the LeapPad and just purchased the LeapPad 2 and the Leapster Explorer GS for my son. The cartridges work just fine.
AIRAM answered on August 28, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
We have a LeapPad Explorer and some old leapster and LeapPad games and they don't work!! Why?
Jill H. answered on December 28, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Wonderful! Thank you! I did not want to pay for the same games (my girls have to have whatever the other does) so this is great news!
S. A. Langston answered on August 28, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
yes
ale guerrero answered on January 13, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   Next ›

See all questions about this product