Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Tailgating FFII_gno

Top 10 films that still have thier charm even though remade.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 3, 2011, 8:27:36 AM PST
the recent release of True Grit cause me to reflect on other films that have held up well over the years & still remain entertaining decades later even though they've been remade, formulated or
sequeled or prequeled in some form:
King Kong (1930')
Adventures of Robin Hood (1930's)
Bride of Frankenstein (1930')
Planet of the Apes (1960's))
Butch Cassidy and The Sundance kid (1970's)
Jaws (1970's))
Mark of Zorro (1930's)
Star wars (1970's)
The wizard of Oz (1930's)
The wolfman (1940's)

Posted on May 16, 2014, 8:44:45 PM PDT
K. Russell says:
The Manchurian Candidate still packs a punch in its early 1960s dramatization, though it was remade in more recent years. Alfred Hitchcock's North by Northwest (1959) has never been remade, but was the forerunner of the James Bond films and oodles of other thrillers, and is still a potent thriller.

Posted on Jun 30, 2015, 3:05:57 PM PDT
I stumbled upon this discussion entirely by accident but allow me to certainly nominate "The Day The Earth Stood Still" (1951)! The "reimagined" (!!) version with Keanu Reeves was infinitely LAMER than I'd anticipated! And talk about a classic with charm! I've never bothered looking at an attempted remake because the original "The Bride Of Frankenstein" (1935) is colossally unbeatable!! Returning to 1951, "The Thing From Another World" holds up because so much was done with such stark B&W sets and photography, and the uncharacteristically intelligent dialogue (Producer: Howard Hawks). John Carpenter's "The Thing" (1982) is extremely suspenseful and more faithful to original short story, but not necessarily superior--though I've grown fonder of it with the passing years. Other than this project, I am no fan of Mr. Carpenter.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Jan 3, 2011
Latest post:  Jun 30, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
Adventures of Robin Hood [VHS]
Adventures of Robin Hood [VHS] by Errol Flynn (VHS Tape - 1996)
4.8 out of 5 stars (946)