YED Save up to 90% on textbooks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 New Year, New You nav_sap_shop_all_hm_cal Shop now Book House Cleaning SneakyPete SneakyPete SneakyPete  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Beat the Cold with Outdoor Clothing on Amazon STEM
[UPDATED] asked by D. Bell on December 12, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 answers
A
My unit has AA batteries in it, so battery life depends on what quality of battery you buy. I got about a year and a bit because I put in Duracell Coppertop. Maybe the new Lithium will be better for longevity.
B. Brewer answered on December 13, 2013
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Installed about 6 weeks ago, battery level still 96%. I also do not have a C wire and run a furnace and the z-wave works well on the batteries.
Jimofct answered on December 13, 2013
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I bought this and using with SmartThings, using Duracell CopperTop I got about 4 months before it dropped to 20% from my first set of 4. After a recent firmware update on ST, now I'm getting like 1 month. I don't see anything close to "years" of performance. Probably the only way to get 2 years would be not to use it :)
Informed Buyer answered on February 6, 2015
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have to replace batteries every week or two! Annoying!!!
miathemia answered on October 5, 2014
Comments (2) | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Do yourself a favor if using this device on battery only. Buy some Lithium batteries (right here on Amazon). The difference is 10 fold in battery life. Lithiums shine in just this sort of low drain environment.
Stephen M. Damelio answered on November 17, 2014
Comment (1) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Like another commenter I found that the batteries only lasted a week or so when used in conjunction with Z-wave/SmartThings controller without a "C" wire. When the batteries die the thermostat stops sending any signal to boiler so you better hope it's not below freezing and/or that someone is around to change them. I now have "C" wire connected and all is well so far.
tricks73 answered on December 1, 2014
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have two of them, which I installed at the same time, and which I use without the C-wire and with z-wave. I just hit 3 months of use, and both are down to 25%.
A. Jain answered on November 11, 2014
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
There seems to be a lot of conflicting info here. Battery life is going to depend on: 1) they type of batteries used; and 2) how often the device is polled by the Z-Wave controller (SmartThings, Vera, etc.). Lithium batteries will help. The temperature in a house can't change quickly, so if the controller is polling every 1 min. -- or even every 5 min. -- that's faster than you need. The polling rate can usually be changed, although it may require going into the Advanced settings for the device. I'd go with every 10-15 min. for thermostat.
Bruce Wahler answered on July 16, 2016
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have found the batteries lasting a bit over a year.
R. Yanchick answered on December 13, 2013
Comment (1) | 3 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I bought it on Sep 2015 to use with SmartThings. I don't remember changing the battery any time. According to ST, it still have 65% remaining.
Unni answered on July 31, 2016
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product