Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Amazon Carrier Feedback forum

Amazon using "Ensenda" carrier service?

Discussion moved to this forum by Amazon on Sep 16, 2010, 6:19:42 PM PDT.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013, 1:52:06 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 18, 2013, 1:58:27 PM PST
Wanizame says:
Good News, (Earlier Posts said EnSenda lost their contract). I had bad experiences with them on two deliveries.
The First one, they left the box in the Apartment Lobby, where anyone couldnt of just taken it. Luckily the Building Manager put it in her office.

On the 2nd Delivery, I posted on their facebook page that they need to actually come up to the Apt. and not place the box in the lobby. I soon got a phone call from Ensenda, and the operater assured me the driver would do just that. Instead they again left the box in the lobby, and marked it as delivered. The Manager did see it and put it in her office, however I didnt know this until after 5pm, when she had already left and locked up her office.

So I'm happy that Amazon is no longer using this terrible shipping service.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012, 8:45:54 AM PDT
David B. says:
I haven't received anything via Ensenda for months, and I assumed they had lost their contract nationwide.

Is Amazon still using Ensenda in some areas?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 4, 2012, 6:27:07 PM PDT
Phil says:
Yes, by all means LazyShip, OffTrac and Prestige (still trying to come come up with some sarcastic name for them). ;)

Posted on Aug 4, 2012, 5:24:20 PM PDT
time will tell if they lost the contract. Now get ride of Lasership

Posted on Aug 4, 2012, 5:16:09 PM PDT
Phil says:
I believe Ensenda lost their contract with Amazon about a month ago.

Posted on Aug 4, 2012, 4:31:26 PM PDT
Ensenda/United Delivery Service wins my award for absolute worst delivery service in many years of doing business with Amazon. UDS repeatedly delivered an order after hours for several days in a row (despite repeated calls on my part informing them that the package could not be accepted after a certain hour and initial assurances from UDS that it wouldn't happen again). Customer service made repeated excuses for the drivers, and one delivery person blatantly lied about one of the attempted deliveries. I've never had this problem with either the USPS or UPS. Judging from number of negative comments on this thread, I'm wondering why Amazon persists in using Ensenda/UDS for deliveries.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2012, 11:24:23 AM PDT
mommymensa says:
Aha, I better keep it clean from now on! (hehe)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2012, 7:59:18 AM PDT
CRG says:
Hi Phil. I didn't know that. Yes, it was definitely warranted.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2012, 7:00:21 AM PDT
Phil says:
Not necessarily. If enough people click on "Report abuse" the post will automatically be deleted.
In this case it was well warranted and certainly understandable as to why people reported the post as being abusing. Anyone can see what was said by this jerk if they are tracking the discussion in their email notification.

Posted on Jul 11, 2012, 4:56:28 AM PDT
CRG says:
Well I guess Amazon DOES read this forum (see above note...."Deleted by Amazon 3 hours ago") since they deleted the message from lookin at u.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2012, 11:35:28 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 11, 2012, 1:15:53 AM PDT]

Posted on Jul 6, 2012, 7:27:32 AM PDT
Jack Kedzie says:
Hi Geeky.
Itaska was the 'hub' that fed our Chicago-Land-to-Mlwk; WI. warehouse and other 'spokes' in the area. Like I said, we were the 40 in Gurnee. We got so many extra towns because we performed better than the other spokes.
But we were not perfect, either. I won't even tell you why one of us was fired!
Isn't it true that at work, it's never about the job, but people skills?
Had two days work this week between July 4th (outside excavating and flagging traffic). Wow! Fun but hard (105 degrees). We'll see what comes up next week.
By the way, Amazon gave me a full $250 refund on my Garmin nuvi so I could upgrade to the latest one, and that was after using it for a month. Awesome organization for stuff; customer service and, yes, very reasonable shipping. But, just remember, it is a for-profit biz, and they make money one way or another; people naturally respond to cheap shipping, since shopping unseen must be overcome directly up front. Like buying a car, they have several ways to profit. Did you know Olive Garden's large entry-plates are zero-profit? But but a little wine and desert (ka-ching)!

Posted on Jul 4, 2012, 2:03:37 AM PDT
BB says:
Maybe with that kind of job experience Jack and the others can get great paying jobs with major carriers!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2012, 1:54:09 AM PDT
Jack, I too realize I took shots at Ensenda as well. Sorry that they laid you off and treated you like this. Somehow it doesn't surprise me they'd pull crap like this. Have you and those laid off thought about perhaps seeking legal recourse of any sort?

Posted on Jul 2, 2012, 8:53:22 PM PDT
I am sorry that you lost your job - I was laid off a year ago and am still unemployed myself. That being said, I don't know what Ensenda/UDS hub my packages were shipped from (the tracking statuses all said Itasca or somewhere in SE Wisconsin), but the drivers I saw were among the most unprofessional people I've come across.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012, 6:24:02 PM PDT
CRG says:
Hello Jack. I am truly sorry for the loss of your job and the hardships you and your family will be going through as well as the other people who lost their jobs. That said, with all respect, the job that Ensenda did for us out here in Indiana was AWFUL. I rarely got my packages. If and when I did, they were late. A few that I did get were misdelivered (my neighbor was kind enough to bring them over.) Once, a woman called me (my phone number was on the label) and told me she had 3 of my packages. She lived 4 miles from me and her address wasn't even close to mine! Again, I'm really sorry for your situation and the treatment you and others received from Ensenda. You should all get together and see if you have some legal recourse.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012, 6:18:33 PM PDT
Phil says:
Jack, although I took my share of shots at Ensenda, I'm truly sorry for the way they treated you. Then again, that doesn't surprise me in the least. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012, 6:01:37 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 2, 2012, 6:04:19 PM PDT
Jack Kedzie says:
I am the driver that lost his job last week because I was lumped together with the hundreds of sub-contractors in the ENSENDA food-chain. I am not defending the Chicago/Milwaukee area (let alone the entire ENSENDA); there were only forty drivers at our small hub in Gurnee IL.
We showed up at 6:30 every morning, Monday thru Sat, to sort, scan in, load and go The last two days we worked (last week Wed/Thurs), we put about 3,000 (Amazon) packages into people's hands, businesses, porches and front doors. It was well over 100 degrees both days and we got them all out unless Amazon's requirements for a perfect delivery was impossible. When we showed up Friday, it was 'turn in your scanners; no more work'. No notice, severance, nothing.
Let's put some faces on this sad and unnecessary outcome:
Our assistant manager just had his first baby; one of us just purchased a new Ford Transit in order to do his job. Monday one of our mini-vans burned up after only one week on the job. It was the most extremely diverse group of men and women I have ever had the privilege to work with. We were a team; an impoverished team working our tails off to feed our families.
Do you see my point? Each individual, barely trained; underpaid, no benefits, was out there delivering packages. I blame the top executives, including at Amazon and the contractors, for this massive loss of jobs. This does not happen at UPS, because they are trained, screened, and fairly compensated for the work they do. Non-performers are re-trained or removed.
My family is in deep stress until I get another gig; I lost my corporate job a long time ago. But I delivered my packages like I want mine delivered.
So please balance your statements regarding the demise of ENSENDA! You can't kick us any worse; we got the boot! WE are greiving our loss. The good ones and the bad ones have lost their jobs. If you want to still gripe, how about corrupt politics; false religion and greedy commerce?

Posted on Jul 2, 2012, 2:25:12 PM PDT
Check out the Yelp reviews for Ensenda in Chicago - http://www.yelp.com/biz/ensenda-chicago

Posted on Jul 2, 2012, 1:41:07 PM PDT
Ensenda botched a couple of shipments of ours a month or so ago and after raising hell with Amazon we've not seen another Ensenda delivery. I'm hoping that this is the end of them, but I'm not holding my breath. We went through a similar issue a year or so ago; Ensenda botched a few shipments all within weeks of each other, and I complained to Amazon each time. We didn't get another Ensenda shipment for about a year, but then it started up again, and in no time they were screwing up as usual. UDS was the last-mile carrier in all of these shipments.

Posted on Jul 2, 2012, 1:38:12 PM PDT
he says he's an employee of UDS, which is the band of thugs that delivers in the Chicago/Milwaukee corridor. If what he says is true, I say good riddance. He could do much better than working for these morons, seeing as how he can actually draft complete sentences.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012, 1:37:25 PM PDT
David B. says:
Like the Gold Box posts mention, individual customers' satisfaction and experiences probably depend heavily on whoever Ensenda contracted to service your area.

I can say that I was completely dissatisfied with Ensenda's service in the DFW area. Although I complained to Amazon and seemed to get nowhere, I never received a shipment through Ensenda again.

If Ensenda is truly gone, then they have only themselves to blame.

Posted on Jul 2, 2012, 1:11:04 PM PDT
Phil says:
Actually I got this information from the Amazon Gold Box forum entitled: "Ensenda - poor service"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/forum/cd/discussion.html/ref=cm_cd_pg_pg16?ie=UTF8&cdForum=Fx20DX5GEB7TUX8&cdPage=16&cdThread=Tx1LNINPY4CZJ8V

It was made by an employee of Ensenda who says that he just lost his job and that ENSENDA lost their national account with Amazon. Look for the post made by Jack Kedzie. It's about 4 up from the bottom of page 16.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012, 12:14:14 PM PDT
mommymensa says:
well allrighty then... if the old contract was up and Amazon chooses not to renew then so be it! It would be nice if, after tracking these posts for as long as some of us have, someone from the company would come to our little forum and confirm!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012, 11:01:18 AM PDT
CRG says:
Hi Philip. I'm not going to get too excited......yet. Hope we can confirm that soon! :-)
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 52 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Amazon Carrier Feedback forum (737 discussions)

This discussion

Participants:  562
Total posts:  1293
Initial post:  Aug 9, 2010
Latest post:  Feb 18, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 86 customers