Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Doppler $139.99 All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno
Customer Discussions > Amazon Instant Video forum

Amazon Instant Video app wont load of vizio

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 677 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 27, 2013, 2:20:41 PM PST
Nursejayne says:
I have a Vizio smart TV with pre installed apps. All of my other apps load but the Amazon instant video app wont load. It just sits on a screen with a spinning wheel loading. I've turned the TV off and tried to restart, but still wont open. Any suggestions???????

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2013, 1:40:00 PM PST
cheryl says:
I have the same problem. Just spins..it used to work fine. I wonder how many have this problem?

Posted on Feb 17, 2013, 5:51:58 PM PST
JPS says:
The Amazon app on Vizio sucks! Won't connect reliably, sound issues etc. I'm moving to Netflix.

Posted on Feb 17, 2013, 9:08:56 PM PST
cheryl says:
Wow, after a couple months it came on today..it took 10-15 minutes! I left the room and came back and it finally worked...so we'll see? But clearly 10-15 minutes isn't aceptable. I guess writting about it helped. (Jk) good luck

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 5:07:39 PM PST
kdm71 says:
Having EXACT same problems! Says "Your Video is Loading", but never plays! Does anyone know if this is an issue that someone is EVER going to resolve???

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 8:05:39 PM PST
cheryl says:
We should all write a letter to Vizio and let them know that there's a problem. I doubt that one letter will get much action. All my other apps seem to work fine.

Posted on Mar 1, 2013, 2:47:29 AM PST
scuba man says:
I have the same issue but seems to load after 5min. The netflix video takes longer to load on this Vizio TV.

Posted on Mar 1, 2013, 9:54:46 PM PST
Hey Jae says:
I don't have problems with movies loading, but on my vizio I can't seem to figure out how to load and have full access to the app. It only loads on the side bar and gives me limited viewing. On my ROKU on another television it works just fine. Is there something I'm missing?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013, 9:24:17 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 27, 2015, 11:57:22 PM PST]

Posted on Mar 8, 2013, 5:14:16 PM PST
B. Svoboda says:
I have trouble on one of my Vizio TVs - a 32 inch E3D320VX. It plays for about 20 minutes than stops and takes a while to buffer - extremely annoying.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013, 5:41:59 PM PDT
we should just start a petition to have vizio and amazon fix this problem i really love amazon instant videos and love my vizio but am using netflix because of the issues above

Posted on Mar 16, 2013, 6:40:34 PM PDT
Jamie says:
I have the same problem with our Vizio TV :( It won't load but all other apps work.

Posted on Apr 18, 2013, 3:16:22 PM PDT
I set it up last night and it worked for about thirty seconds but with no sound and now won't load at all.

Posted on Apr 18, 2013, 3:16:43 PM PDT
I set it up last night and it worked for about thirty seconds but with no sound and now won't load at all.

Posted on May 12, 2013, 8:28:37 PM PDT
Jerky Boy says:
Same for me. The Amazon Instant video application on my new Vizio 47-inch LED TV won't load at all.. All other apps work fine. That's really too bad that nobody is working on this. This would be a killer addition to the TV's functionality. All of the applications auto-updated and the issue is still there. Very strange. A 1-800 number is listed for Amazon tech support right on the TV after the failure. Maybe I'll try to call them.

Posted on May 23, 2013, 9:03:55 PM PDT
J. H. Choong says:
the app won't load on my 42" vizio either. Youtube works perfectly fine. Maybe I should just get a roku ...

Posted on May 26, 2013, 11:29:42 AM PDT
Leigh says:
I can connect to the app but cannot access the selection
I chose after pushing the selection on my remote. Have been watching
For weeks but can't get anything selected. It only moves up and down. When I select
ex. All HD TV shows it will not open.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2013, 8:45:46 PM PDT
BusyMom711 says:
I have the same exact problem it connects but just moves up and down :(

Posted on May 29, 2013, 12:30:50 PM PDT
Thought I had same problem- make sure the tiny blue button watch now is selected. Started right up.

Posted on Jun 2, 2013, 6:49:28 AM PDT
nozamaamazon says:
reset your tv. pull the plug hold the power button down for 30 seconds then pull your router plug and modem plug restart it all and you should be good to go.

Posted on Jun 2, 2013, 9:53:55 AM PDT
A.Mitchell says:
I can get videos and shows to load fine but the loading circle spins the entire time!
How do I get this thing off the bottom of my screen?!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2013, 3:57:37 PM PDT
cheryl says:
Someone should copy and paste this topic and send it to both Amazon and Vizio. I just tried but I can't do it on my phone for some reason.
They both should know cuz I'm sure there is 200 other people having these same problems..needs updating or something.
Good luck!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2013, 4:42:45 PM PDT
https://vizio.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/767/session/L3RpbWUvMTM3MTc2OTAwMi9zaWQvalp6SDlmdGw%3D

If this does not resolve your issue, you can Reset your TV settings by doing a Clear Memory:

1. Go to your VIA dock by pressing the VIA button on your remote.

2. Select "HDTV Settings"

3. Go to "HELP"

4. Select "Clear Memory"

5. Enter your Parental Code Note: If you have not set a parental code, the default code is "0 0 0 0"

6. Your TV will restart.

When you go to the Netflix widget, you will get a new activation code which will need to be entered into your Netflix account on a PC.

Just did this and it fixed the problem, just had to register the TV again at https://amazon.com/mytv

Posted on Jun 30, 2013, 5:38:14 AM PDT
John Haynes says:
You shouldn't have to reset your tv every time.....this needs a fix

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2013, 5:43:19 AM PDT
Jacob Reed says:
I have the same problem. Have you figured it out how to enlarge the amazon video app?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 28 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Amazon Instant Video forum

This discussion

Participants:  370
Total posts:  677
Initial post:  Jan 27, 2013
Latest post:  7 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 85 customers