Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno
Customer Discussions > Amazon Instant Video forum

true blood season 5

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 26 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 11, 2012, 3:46:22 PM PDT
Ariella says:
Does anyone know when true blood season 5 will be available on Amazon Instant Video? I don't have hbo or real tv for that matter just internet, amazon prime and hulu+ so can't order hbo so wondering if they have the episodes for sale in a few days? Or do they wait till end of season?

Posted on Jun 12, 2012, 9:24:23 AM PDT
Draco Malfoy says:
I was wondering the same exact thing. I plan on buying the episodes 1 at a time.

Posted on Jun 14, 2012, 8:05:28 PM PDT
Stephanne says:
I plan on buying the episodes one at a time too. I refuse to buy cable for just one channel with just one show that I like. I hope that HBO will allow Amazon to start releasing the episodes soon.

Posted on Jun 16, 2012, 6:44:32 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 16, 2012, 6:55:27 AM PDT
JJ says:
Unfortunately, neither HBO or Showtime release episodes for individual purchase as they air. Those of us who do not have cable or purchase the premium channel have to wait until the DVD release. The episodes are available for purchase on Amazon instant video the same day the DVD's are released, which is why Season 4 just became available. HBO does not even allow them for sale at the end of the season, or impose a 30 day delay like some shows do. HBO has always released the True Blood DVD's right before the next season is about to start, so it will be a very long wait. Season 5 episodes should become available for purchase in May 2013. I understand their logic, however, the wait is so ridiculously long, by the time they actually do release it I've lost interest. Whereas, if the episodes were made available for purchase as they air, or even on a 30 day delay, even at a premium rate, I'd be purchasing them. Something they should be considering as their subscriber numbers continue to fall. People are simply not going to be paying $100/ mo. for cable to view one show no matter how great.

Posted on Oct 30, 2012, 4:29:09 PM PDT
Ed Campbell says:
Amazon already has True Blood Season 5 available as DVD or Blu Ray discs. But I only want their Instant Video, especially since I have the new HD Kindle Fire coming in November. Not sure what the holdup is. Maybe Amazon is crosswise with HBO?

Posted on Nov 9, 2012, 10:36:57 PM PST
I am with all of you, this is soo frustrating I love being able to watch these shows on my kindle but I would not have invested had I known this.

Posted on Dec 1, 2012, 5:53:36 PM PST
A. Day says:
Just saw Season 5 is on Itunes for individual episode purchase.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012, 6:10:16 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 17, 2012, 6:11:40 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012, 6:12:00 AM PST
William D says:
The episodes are not there.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012, 6:17:31 AM PST
William D says:
I looked it up and it seemed to be only pre-order. You will still have to wait.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013, 10:05:54 AM PST
Sorry but why hasn't amazon true blood season five avalible?

Posted on Jan 18, 2013, 12:35:18 AM PST
Whoever is saying that True Blood IS avalible to buy on DVD on amazon - well it isn't! Ha I keep trying to look it up and I would like to know when the release date is and if it has already passed why hasn't amazon got any in stock! And if someone says they have been in stock well, I check a lot and there hasn't been even 'a back in stock' date either! WAA I miss true blood!

Posted on Jan 18, 2013, 2:51:07 PM PST
Ed Campbell says:
You're right. My bad for saying it's available - I didn't notice the "preorder" business. I've seen predictions on the web that say Season 5 will be released at the end of May. I wish someone knew for sure!

Posted on Jan 22, 2013, 1:47:41 AM PST
Dawn says:
I'm so sick of waiting as it is I kind of forgot what happened in season 4. Sighs....it sucks ! pardon the pun

Posted on Jan 24, 2013, 2:39:53 PM PST
D. O'Neill says:
HBO has ALWAYS - EVERY YEAR - waited until the following May to release True Blood. Episondes are not on itunes nor on Amazon yet. You can prebuy, but you have to wait. HBO always releases the previous season right before the new one starts.

Posted on Jan 26, 2013, 9:53:55 AM PST
ukaskprice.com is advertising True Blood season 5 as being available to buy now for £24.99. The website looks a bit dodgy though. Does anyone know if this is genuine or a scam?

Posted on Jan 29, 2013, 2:48:39 PM PST
It is now available on iTunes in Australia, but not in the US yet. https://itunes.apple.com/au/tv-season/true-blood-season-5/id527867909

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2013, 9:44:05 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 24, 2013, 2:05:31 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2013, 9:45:15 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 24, 2013, 2:04:41 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2013, 9:47:18 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 24, 2013, 2:04:34 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2013, 7:13:05 AM PST
Australia.

Posted on Feb 17, 2013, 5:10:45 AM PST
C. White says:
This is why pirating happens! I'm not saying that I condone it, but when they don't make it available for purchase until almost a year after airing, what do they expect?!? I wonder how much money they lose by this practice?

Posted on Mar 4, 2013, 2:30:14 PM PST
KarenBBH says:
During season 4 I called up Direct TV and added HBO to my cable plan for 3 months. I DVR'd all episodes and the day after the season finale I called DTV back and canceled my HBO subscription (which they were totally cool about and a lot of people do it). For me it was an extra $60 bucks to add HBO for those 3 months, on top of it I ended up buying season 4 on blure-ray for about $45 at Target. If there were other shows that I was interested in watching on HBO I would have probably done the same thing this year. There are not. So THIS year i decided that I would prefer to save the $60 bucks and wait for season 5 to be released so I can buy it ONCE and lock myself in my room only pausing for bathroom breaks and snacks....which is how,IMO, a TV drama/suspense is best viewed!

Posted on Mar 5, 2013, 8:13:33 PM PST
Is this site legit? http://www.dvds-home.net/products/True-Blood-Season-5-DVD-Box-Set-DVDS-2725.html
Supposedly has season 5 (Trueblood) for $37.99 Box set.....

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2013, 1:02:08 PM PDT
JWW says:
I too suspect that site of being dodgy - if one clicks the link to the site on google, one is now advised that accessing the site may damage one's computer. That is, at time of writing, a quite recent development.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Amazon Instant Video forum

This discussion

Participants:  19
Total posts:  26
Initial post:  Jun 11, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 20, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers